The Measles Cases in USA

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Measles isn't a virus that mutates much. That means that the vaccinations are still effective now and in the immediate future. However, no vaccination is one hundred percent effective. It's simply not physically possible yet.

Then there's also the concept of her immunity, which typically helps cover the miniscule chance that you get the virus. If everyone has a small chance of getting measles, then it is less likely for it to be passed around. However, not being immunized means that you are at a greater risk of getting measles, this endangering those around you as well.

There are also those who can't get immunized due to allergies or are immunodeficient. Not being immunized is not only a danger to yourself, but everyone around you as well.

Westeller, CDLevit and earthdrake like this.
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    The other ways of prevention include:
    1. Effectively quarantining the patients while they are sick. Issue with this is the fact that parents don't want to accept that their mistake lead to their kid getting a fatal condition.
    2. Eradication of measles. Which was the plan until antivaxxers came about.
    Any other method like gene editing or whatever will land you in a ethical shitstorm or a Nobel prize recommendation.

3. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't people vaccine there kids in school or something in US if they weren't given one in birth?

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    1) Vaccine doesn't mean you're completely immune, some will still get infected.

2) Vaccine does not cause autism

3) People who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons rely heavily on herd immunity.

4)Anti-vaxxers weaken herd immunity

6)Vaccine isn't magical cure that protect your body from harm. Its sole purpose is to let your immune system recognize the disease, and fight when encounters it. Vaccine is basically the weaker version of the disease.

7)Big pharma bla bla bla. Whatever, so you prefer people around you die then let some companies making profit? Choose the lesser of the two evils please.

5. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    As for this, the truth is that measles vaccines are not mandatory in all places. Plenty of people claim "religious reasons" or some other excuse to avoid vaccinations. Children have weak immune systems so even with a vaccine there is still danger. Not to mention the children who physically can't be vaccinated.

KingOfDreams likes this.
  6. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would you cultivate yourself into an island...

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me put it in simple term.

It's like video game where it will evolve if you let it spread through people to the point where the immune system cannot fight back anymore.

8. Eruxol

Eruxol Du-sollst――Dies irae

Reading List:
    Link
    Immunity is no limit fallacy. There is no Immunity, only resistance.

9. Hikicarl

Hikicarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where's 5?

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Anti-vaxxers treat the measles the same as chicken pox, they get their kids around infected kids, so they can all benefit from the acquired immunity, without thinking about how groups of kids are just incubation clusters, and germ farms. They then unleash these bioweapons on an unsuspecting public.

Also, it's not mandatory at birth, if you give the doctors a good (enough) excuse, like religion, or alien abduction, possibly autism fears.

11. RJ13

RJ13 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know we vaccinate to avoid this scenario
    [​IMG]

12. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually... It's not that hard to figure out why they're advertising it more for kids.

If just had to take a day & scroll through multiple social media, you'll find a heck ton of parents bragging about how they refused to let their kids get vaccinated because they claim vaccines cause autism & the ingredients in it are pretty much all toxic chemicals.

You'll even see how some parents are asking for help on how to stop their grown up kids from getting the vaccinations on their own.

I dont even know where these parents are getting the confidence to do this after just spending maybe 5-10 mins of google search, acting as if they've studied medicine for years :facepalm:

Westeller, mir, Moonpearl and 2 others like this.
  13. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    It's like they've never taken a high school chemistry or biology class...

14. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Geez, having them vaccine seems to have the same effect and easier with less time for kids spending time being sick and miserable.

15. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I find this discussion is completely worthless.

Anti vaxxers: don't take a shot.
    A: Your kid got it and get sick.
    B: your kid got it and died (extreme cases mind you)
    Here's the logic of anti vaxxers I've talked to: I'd rather handle the measles rather than getting a kid with autism if the chance of death and autism is the same rate.

Back to vaxxers:
    A= your neighbor got it and your kid is immune so there is no one sick in the family.
    B= your anti vaxxers neighbor got it and your kid got measles too. And the government is blaming the anti vaxxers for explaining why the vaccines didn't worked.

I'm not an anti vaxxer, I vaccine my kids for polio and tuberculosis, even mmr to be honest. But when my government started to make my kids to take vaccines monthly for 5 months, I had to wonder and stop them from doing it. Vaccines has heavy metals in it, it does damage to your brain if you have too much of it. When we asked the government what's in the vaccine, they replied that's the company properitery secret, the government doesn't have the right to know.

I smell bullshit a mile away. If I smell bullshit on a sandwich, I don't let my kid eat it. Would you?

In the end, just let people do their own things with their own risk. If you believe the vaccine works, let the idiots die with their diseases, in any case you're immune.

16. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Two points:

1) It is possible to have such a severe reaction to the initial vaccine that your doctor cannot give you the booster shot. Which is why I am not vaccinated for whooping cough and never will be. I was told that attempting the vaccine again could be extremely bad (possibly fatal), and to just avoid whooping cough for the rest of my life....

2) The real vaccine point that the news ignores is that except for cases like I listed above, or the case mentioned earlier about allergies to something else in the vaccine, the vaccine itself is not bad for you. The vaccine itself is not going to cause autism. It is the mercury they add as a stabilizer to many vaccines that is the problem. Get yourself, or your children, a mercury free vaccine and everyone is happy.

Westeller and CDLevit like this.
  17. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mean to be ride or anything, but I was wondering what sorry if heavy metals are in the vaccines. Again, just curious about what you've heard.

18. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s 2 types of vaccines, weakened virus or dead virus.

Oral Polio Vaccine(opv) is the weakened type and they stopped using it in the US around 2000. Inactivated Polio Vaccine(Ipv) is the killed type and used now.

Problem with weakened is you can occasionally still get the virus, from the shot, it’s just they try to weaken it enough it can’t infect you while still triggering your immune system to learn how to fight it.

Westeller and CDLevit like this.
  19. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    The rest of us suffers indirectly, once it has been considered eliminated for some time they remove the mandatory vaccines for it, then we have these morons waltzing around keeping it alive and making us pay for a vaccine that should be useless but isn't because of them.

Most of us aren't directly affected by antivaxxers in the moment but as long as they're there we can never shorten the list of what we need to be vaccinated against, the list will continue to grow as new viruses appear but old ones never completely dissapear.

CDLevit and Vanidor like this.
  20. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't mercury in the vaccines but ethylmercury. Not the same thing as methylmercury. Ethylmercury is not found to be toxic. Besides, it was taken out of MMR and most other vaccines quite some time ago. It is only present in influenza vaccines, and even then, there are ethylmercury-free versions.

Westeller, CDLevit, mir and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.