Discussion What would you do if you go back to 2010?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Doomsday, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So my friends, sometime it is interesting to talk about the "if".
    Did you make mistakes? sure.
    Did you regret it? Not necessarily.
    The Question is:
    What would you do if you go back to 2010?
    Let's get creative! Don't give me some bs like "i will not change anything, because i never regret what i did"

2. Tilgarial

Tilgarial [Chaos Tiger] [Paradox] [ded][Houseplant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd probably mess up even worse, as i have no idea what went on back then

Wick and Cite like this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Buying bitcoin stock and get rich.....

4. LOTRfreak101

LOTRfreak101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably still go to the same university, but I would definitely change my major, as computers have only ever been a hobby to me, and not something I could do for a living. I don't really regret any of my choices in life until now except for not dropping out of college sooner, but I think that has more to do with my degree choice than college itself. the next biggest change would be to not pick up league of legends. it's probably the single biggest reason I struggled so hard in school and ruined my sleep schedule from 2014 until now.

Jojo775 and Tourist Bamboo like this.
  5. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same amongst many others stuff to do

6. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buying bitcoin is pretty much the only option. Going back 9 years isn't really enough.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Make a YouTube channel and have fun making content. Invest in things I know will make a profit. Read tons of books. Chill. Maybe even donate some money to the translating community to kick-start things.
    *shock* What if Tony returned to the past and did this?!

kfahad, Devil of Boredom and Ziavory like this.
  8. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    2010?! That would be the time where i told my cousin's friend that i was gay...hmn...i would start at that...

9. Minokyuu

Minokyuu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reading List:
    Link
    So many regrets that year, of course, I would go back.
    Especially since that was the year before my depression sets in that made me fail school two times because of absents and 2 more years of just staying indoors while eating rice and banana at the same time letting my room stinks like garbage though thankfully I didn't get fat since even though I don't go outside the only food I ate at that time was rice and banana.

10. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Get the past nine years winning numbers for the lottery (Powerball and MegeMillions). Than live happily ever after.

11. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on if I had time to prepare before going back or not.
    If I had, I would check how the stock prices changed and lottery numbers. I would first try a few numbers to be sure whether or not they could change, and if they didn't, I would bet seriously.
    And whether or not I had, I would've tried to avoid mistakes I made and focus more on serious matters.

12. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Start plotting to murder the upper brass and exposes the entire corrupt bureaucracy of the army I'm enlisted with. Probably won't live an extended 9 more years though. Probably starting with my commanding officers.

13. kgggdkp2012

kgggdkp2012 Void ReapeR(8th grade syndrome patient)

Reading List:
    Link
    Copy paste the novel.

14. CripplingDepression

CripplingDepression 『Professional Loli Appraiser』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd choose to not skip high school and go straight go uni.
    I'd also stop myself from transferring my major from Applied Chem to Computer Science, literally 3 year wasted (1 year til graduation) idk what I was thinking switching job from a chemist to a developer :sweating_profusely:

15. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    probably the same thing i told myself every year, "this time we are gonna be more productive". and each year we do not because we are lazy by nature. i can't think of any get rich quick scheme, since i have little money now, but dead broke 9 years ago not to mention underage.
    i'd die of boring ness probably seeing how i already know the end of some manga, anime. plus, the new great ones in recent years didn't even exist yet.
    the only advantage i could think of is my knowledge of current events(that i heard from other people) and increase in intelligence compared to my peers i guess. but sadly, those are not fun things.
    tho, spending times with old pals, well 'new' ones considering just met then 9 years ago should be fun. can try for that girl that i was too shy to ask out. might get shot down, might not. she's married now, but hey 9 years ago is safe (does that count as ntr?)
    other than that, i guess all will stay the same.

16. jinxs2011

jinxs2011 [Rebel Against Normality][Writer of the Unusual]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have to start writing my novels all over again... That would suck. Still, I'd have a considerable portion of the story figured out (I have most of my plans for my stories in my head rather than written down, so I doubt I'd forget anything major), and my writing skills have improved quite considerably since then (especially since they were practically non-existent then), so it might even end up better. I think I would start over, writing it all from scratch, better than the original. Going through education would be a breeze considering I've already done it, and I'd start my novels a good 7 years earlier, so they might even be done by now, and i'd be on my 3rd and 4th novels.

17. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Save my father

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  18. Tourist Bamboo

Tourist Bamboo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, League is an addiction , i couldn't control my time division cause of the addiction of playing LOL

19. Chronos Bee

Chronos Bee Descendant of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    2010, I was attending middle school at the time, in my emo phase. Naturally I would take care of myself more, work-out, practice my guitar more, socialize more - I was a loner back then - creating more memories, live my life to the fullest.

highsky44 and Cutter Masterson like this.
  20. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With my knowledge of today, well bitcoin and other financial stuff.
    Guys you could get much more if you take 2-3 jackpots from state lottery just knowing the numbers beforehand the "leverage effect" on bitcoin took some time (years) like on other financial stuff and i need cash for it even in 2010 so i take note for jakpots before i go into 2010.
    Bet a large bet on Trump winning a election.

Without the money stuff but knowing of all others events like
    Stoping my cousin suicide in 2014. Taking care of some other family problems before they bacame big.
    Taking better care of myself. Leave the job that i had at that time faster and go for studies but on other field with my knowlegde of today there are better courses for me.

If i got the money then i would do a "normal" like family, buying some estates, helping people in my surroundings etc.

Doing some evil stuff like buying a part of Q and put it the english expansion into work in 2010.
    Buying a massmedia station so i can take part in this brainwash system.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    Dr_H_16 likes this.