Recommendations SI/OC/AU Fanfiction

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by karnanovel, Apr 11, 2019.

1. karnanovel

karnanovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, can anyone tell their favorite Fanfiction that is an Self-Insertd/Original Character/Alternative Universe?

It can about Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones or anything as long you think it's great and you recommend to everyone. It can have romance in it or rated M if you like it

2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    These two fanfactions
    'The Strongest Legend of Dragon Ball' and 'Dragon Ball Z: Attack of Raditz'

3. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  4. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    well, Attack of Raditz doesn't look that bad. A pity I gave a look of the end and didn't like it

karnanovel and Jojo775 like this.
  5. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Rhydec

Rhydec Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translatin_Otaku has some ok fanfics like harry potter and the secret treasures and some for nauto and one piece

7. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dial
    A Twelve Step Program To Omnipotence
    DC Remastered

8. Wildly_Laughing

Wildly_Laughing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Spider (Avengers Fanfic, 665K+ words): An SI where the MC wakes up as Spiderman. No one just becomes a hero. Sometimes, you're dragged kicking and screaming into it.m

Heroes Assemble! (Harry Potter x Avengers Fanfic, 476k+ words): It's been years since Harry defeated Voldemort. He's been traveling the world ever since, seeing things all over the world, Magical and Muggle, before finally opening up a coffee shop in New York. There's no such thing as a former Hero though, especially when aliens come and invade your city.

Percy Jackson and the World of Magic (Percy Jackson x Harry Potter, 263k+ words): Kronos' final act of vengeance against Percy after being beaten was to send him back in time to 1994. Banned from America by the Fates so that he wouldn't mess up the timestream, Percy is forced to hide in another secret world. A very Magical World in Britain.

Above All Shadows (Avengers, 142k+ words): Loki goes back in time to stop Thanos from killing half the universe. Since he went further back than planned, he figures he might as well make some changes

A Past Encounter (Avengers, 56k+ words): Terrorist. Monster. Alien Invader. That's how Earth knows Loki as. Thor knows him by another word: brother. When a portal opens up and spits out a version of Thor and Loki from the distant past, everyone's confused when Loki doesn't seem like the homicidal would-be conqueror that they know him as

karnanovel likes this.
  9. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah i only read Assimilation from this author, i'm want to read about the Harry Potter x Avengers for some times now

I hasn't see the ending of Attack of Raditz yet, but i know the ending of The Strongest Legend of Dragon Ball. Not my favorite but still good for wasting time

10. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that's a lot of link and i like how you put some opinions on it, thank you i'll go check them

I like DC Remastered, too bad Lucifer's update schedule isn't that fast but i still really like his storys

Ah The Spider my most favorite fanfiction, but pretty sad that the author dropped some of his story like Percy Jackson one.

But those Harry Potter and Loki story seems pretty interesting i'll have a go at those

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading Saint of Zero from that author, the quality is the same. Ah you seem to be mistaken, that author doesn't have any HP fics, on that link is just a list of my favourite fics from different authors, and let me tell you I'm strict with it. Only the best go to my list, the ones I actually read to the end or am still reading and enjoyed the whole journey. I deleted The Spider and Dreaming of Sunshine because they went downhill, even though they were pretty good for the first dozen hours of reading.

12. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    dude.

your fav stories list is shit.

Ziavory, Exsha and Wosefiz like this.
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Pft says the guy who didn't even read half of them. Second Wind you recommended yourself, most fics in my list are of the same quality or better.

Exsha likes this.
  14. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    no really.

like 2/5 of your list is about 2 steps above garbage.

avengers assemble and assimilation arent really all that great.

anything on your list by noodlehammer is essentially fap material.

the unwoven threads of fate and dial are yuck.

return of the heavenly demon and a thrid path to the future are both cringy asf.

dragon ball dc i wouldnt touch with a ten foot long pole and i dont really read stargate fics much so i cant tell you much about them.

tell it to the marines is a good if somewhat too much of a mary stue fic.

second wind is fucking amazing.

less than zero and pretty much anything written by kenichi618 will have good standards.

If youve read My Hero academia read this fanfic called apotheosis.

its essentially a villain deku with an infinity gauntlet that makes you wanna panty drop yourself.

Wosefiz likes this.
  15. anhrefn

Reading List:
    Link
    The mc from The Spider feels too much like Peter Parker than a SI

16. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    2 steps above garbage sounds like decent fanfics. What did you expect from fanfiction, classical masterpieces? Avengers assemble is losing steam so yeah it's not that great. You let first impression form an inaccurate opinion of noodlehammer. Sure that Naruto Sex God fanfic is fap material and I dropped it after a few chaps, well all his fics have fap material but you can skip it. His stories are rather good and similar to Darth Marrs. Where else will you find HP doing kingdom bulding, even a galactic empire...if you stuck long enough and just skipped the damn lemons... Dial is nothing special true, same as with Avengers I haven't read last ~5 chaps. Return and Third Path are awesome and you're biased against unimportant pet peeves of yours, we proved that with The Spider, a fic that sucks but you hate it for all the wrong reasons.
    Dragon ball DC is passable since dragon ball fics all suck, I haven't read the latest chaps.
    You overrate Second Wind, it's just a back to the past fic done right, there are plenty better on my list.
    I watched a few eps of Hero Academia, didn't like it nor do I see what's the hype.
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that whoreboy with a personality of a puddle is like PP?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  17. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    With This Ring
    Life Ore Death
    The Dark Shard: Enemy of the Light
    The Spider
    Dial
    Endless Path: Infinite Realms
    In Another World with JUST MONIKA
    Everyday Life as a Supporting Character
    One-Punch Gamer
    SAO: The Eroge
    The Prince of Swords
    The Guest

karnanovel likes this.
  18. anhrefn

Reading List:
    Link
    Endless Path: Infinite Realms <--- I don't know how ppl can read this

19. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    How far did you get? Volume 1 is pretty dull. It gets better from there once it actually starts with the Danmachi stuff. It's pretty good harem wise and R-18 wise. One of the better fan fictions due to the release speed, writing standards, and character development.

I'll have to admit however that its gotten duller over time especially with how long and slow it can get story wise. It gets slow after a while. I took a long break from it during mid Volume 11. I've gotten back to it and on Volume 13. Just feeling its slower and less exciting to read than in the past :/. Doesn't help either the direction the author is taking the harem aspect. Hoping it doesn't start declining over time. I hate it that good things don't last forever.
    Despite the time and care put into developing the emotional connections, love and characters of the harem members, MC now is okay with having kids with people he doesn't love. It's related to strengthening the Alliance and the specialness of the MC and his potential children.

I still enjoy the novel and I have nothing against the author doing what he wants, however, it just seems to go against why I fell in love with the novel in the beginning. I can understand the MC and author's reasoning as its political strengthening and between consenting people, just, it leaves me feeling unpleasant and just plagues my hopes of the novel.

Just went into a rant... Sorry.

What in particular did you not like?

20. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait i'm confused, Endless Path: Infinite Realm and Endless Journey: Infinite Realm is the same things right or is it Endless Path: Infinite Cosmos

BTW I notice some of the fanfiction recommendations are dropped by the authors it's pretty sad since some of it was pretty good