LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know. I clearly remember how he likes to goad people into acting against him so he can have an excuse to kill them for monetary gain. There was also that time he made the one guy eat food off the floor and fed his maid the priceless meal at the god ridge place.

2. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    YY's inherent personality is that of an internet troll. Where exactly does that coincide with memorable dialogue. He's only interested with face slapping.

3. anirudgoud

anirudgoud Novel Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    May be it is just that he is always a loner. He fought all by himself. So, he keeps his mouth shut all the time. But even his thoughts are not known for heaven's sake.

But I liked how Martial Path was explained in MW. And there were a lot of things which add life to it. Like peak of the Martial Arts, purpose of martial arts. The fight against the heavens will. The brutality of reality and samara of life. The Karmic ties concept itself is more detailed and eloquent. It sets up a grand world setting, the flow of life, the life of martial artists very well.

I just find it very unbearable yet incomparably relieved that TMW is ending. It's a pity it became just like your avg. cultivation novel with some cheats. I was hoping a lot after I read MW and my expectations inturn hurt me now. It shouldn't have been so bad if I never read MW, but I did.

YY's path doesn't resemble the one which fights against the heavens, rather he feels like a favored son of heaven, which I'm fine with. But it strongly feels lacking in grandness and the feeling of 'epic'.

Maybe you can see it or maybe not, the characters are the flaw here. The characters give life to a novel and their dynamics make it seem real. Unlike MW, there is no one to say as 'Truly strong' characters. Everyone just fades over time. There is no one with strong power and authority nor is there someone who can stand shoulder to shoulder with YY or truly guide him. The eight godly monarchs became totally irrelevant after some point .The truly powerful villain was just there to get killed in the last few chapters. It makes the whole setting bland with someone just trying to go up and up in the ladder of power.

When it became a one man show from the World of cultivation, its potential seriously fell. LXT is someone I couldn't care less about in the story. Everyone else were basically forced out of the novel with all the spotlight sent to YY's ass. What does it become of such a novel? It becomes TMW. No strong characters to dominate the plot and take the spotlight nor have some real plot importance. Only one villain. It destroyed all the fun.

Just think of this as my venting. I really feel bad for it to be written without enough planning.

SaintZoro likes this.
  4. random9997

random9997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please show brick-sama the respect he deserves.

5. havensgate

havensgate Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The brick are actually a piece of heavenly dao, its just yiyun who can't use it properly. So he just use it as a brick

6. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MW final battle was shit as well but the novel never got boring. And makes for a great reread. And yes, YY is basically “Son of the Heavens.” Not one difficult moment throughout the entire series that wasn’t caused by him. Outside of BADG

7. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    YY grew as a martial artist much in the same way LM did, it's just TMW is considerably worse in every aspect than MW.

8. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    It started so well and turned to shit after the 2nd tournament arc.

9. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    ITs still ongoing? Lmao I just checked and hes basicly The Strongest Godly Monarch...So whats all the suspense?
    Hes been milking it for so long cmon allready

10. random9997

random9997 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly i agree that Mw is way better. so of the major flaws with TMW is that i got rid of the 3 cultivation systems that where present in MW. by get rid i mean it got rid of the uniqueness of the battle spirit and the inner gates and dao palaces. i think that these add more the MW and would have made true martial world better. also TMW just has to many plot holes which gives it a feeling of being incomplete. finally every character in this story has an IQ of 1 and some of the smarter ones have an IQ of 2.

11. Zombielord

Zombielord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. The smartest person has a IQ of 2. Smart ones have an IQ of 1. And everyone else is IQ of 0.

12. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Beauty I can see your breasts." "I thought people would become more collected as they become older" "Even if I team up, I wouldn't team up with a loser."

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember at the beginning of the novel when he constantly referred to his sister as a loli? I’m so pretty sure he has memorable dialogue from his time in the tribe

14. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    His quote is mainly filled with sarcasm remark
    Yi Yun is like a nerd in this aspect, eventhough actually he has some friend in the Tai Ah Divine city

Hey, Xiaorou isn't a loli :blobcat_hyper:

15. Wan Ted

Wan Ted Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel should be renamed. Human Emperor's Son

16. kuppy123

kuppy123 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter just came out. Yi Yun still hasn't shown up, no real progress

17. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I fear more and more we won't actually get to see Yi Yun's perspective, but just see third person nobodies react to what he does before YY buggers off and the story ends

18. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with renaming, but name it "True filler world: Forgotten content"

19. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    YY is being worshipped alongside the 8 Ancient GMs. People have no idea if he is still alive, but he is considered the hidden ruler of the Universe.
    White Lunar Divine empire has a new heir, and even if they declined, no one dared to make a move on it due to the relationship it has with YY and Xintong.

20. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "True Filler World: The Forgotten Promise(s)"