Discussion posting comment on wordpress TL sites

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tahzib1451, Apr 12, 2019.

1. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    how does commenting on translation sites in wordpress work?in the latest chapter of Slow Life at the Frontier i commented "Not all Pirates are like Monkey D. Luffy and not all Princesses are Nefertari Vivi" and it got removed by the moderator moderating......so saying robotic responses like "Thank You for the Chapter" is the only response they allow?
    i love sites that use Disqus.....

2. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Comments in a Disqus can also be removed by moderators you know...

Geor, Capsize, Astaroth and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rickymex

Rickymex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you acting as if that one incident ia the norm? It seems you have more of an issue with the translator foe that series rather than WordPress as a whole.

4. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    up to the person that owns said site. I personally don't allow them because I get annoyed by idiots trying to claim "First" comment.

Rickymex, Worldrefrain, Geor and 2 others like this.
  5. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    no u got it wrong.....i just want to ask what do i need to do to get comments published.....its not often that i comment on a chapter....and that novel is on my reading list and wont be reading it if i HAD issues with the translator.....

6. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    guys this thread is not a TL bashing thread.....i m asking for opinions as to which comments get thru in wordpress sites.....i like disqus coz i can login to that site and then post comments...but more often than not, sites with a survey like sheet after a comment box dont work for me.....

7. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes it requires review from the owner before it gets posted.
    Sometimes they just delete stuff because who knows

And yes, you made it a TL bashing thread. Because in the end THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE A 100% GUARANTEED COMMENT ACROSS

Rickymex and Astaroth like this.
  8. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The anti-pirates would like to know your location.

9. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it just depend on the site owner? If your comment had something like "waiting to be approved", then it's Entirely depend on the site owner. If it didn't, you saw your comment, but was later removed, then it's still depend on the site owner.
    But if your comment Didn't appear at all, then that's the fault of Wordpress.
    I don't even bother to comment on Wordpress sites anymore....not after I can't login with my FB, and can only using my Twitter or Google....

10. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Sites with the default WordPress comments are not that different from sites with Disqus comments. The main difference is that Disqus can be used on multiple platforms (and thus one Disqus account can be used to comment on many different sites including WordPress sites using Disqus) whereas WordPress comments are solely on WordPress. (In other words, a WordPress account will only allow you to comment on WordPress comment threads.)

The method of commenting is not very different. It is possible to comment without an account for both sites IIRC. WordPress asks for e-mail in addition to a name and the comment while Disqus only requires the name and the comment.

The same types of moderation policies seem to exist for both platforms. Comments may have to be approved by a moderator before they will appear on the site. Both sites seem to feature some sort of automated spam checking. It is also possible that there is a policy where only the comments of unregistered users need to be moderated before being posted publicly.

If your comment was not available on the site (i.e. you could not see it) right after you posted it (and likely testing in a different browser session or in an incognito/private session), then it is likely that the comment has not been approved by a moderator yet.
    If your comment has been available for some time (you've seen it in a different session after some time - about an hour to a couple days or more), then it is likely that the comment has indeed been removed by a moderator. If this is the case, likely the best solution to understand why your comment was removed would be to contact the site owner, or probably in this case, the translator unless someone has been specified as the moderator for comments.