Recommendations LN with gentle ml (yaoi is ok)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by 7Marie, Apr 12, 2019.

1. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I don't want a trope with “got interested in mc because of a bump and now Imma investigate mc and I’ve-fallen-in-love” and them being rich, overbearing and a demon. Are there tropes where the mc chooses the guy who’s not powerful, rich, overbearing Overlord but someone nice, caring and genuine? (Also No harem thx ;D )

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  2. Edy3

Edy3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    7Marie likes this.
  3. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not shouldering this blame
    -the ML is rich and famous but he's not overbearing nor did he force the MC to fall in love with him and have sex with him. The MC has some trust issues and the ML acknowledges that and respects his personal space.

The rebirth of the supreme celestial being
    - ML is poor and ugly and gentle and kind to the point that even though the MC abused him so much in the past life, he didn't retaliate and martyred himself so much the MC has fallen in love with him.

Violant of the silver
    -ML is a huge gentle puppy-like knight who swore to protect the noble MC with his life.

Chryseum, 7Marie and c3ltic like this.
  4. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    I wrote my list then went back and read your post...and realized all the MLs are #1 in their own way. :blobfearful::blob_teary:

But they are still good stories! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Beloved Marriage in High Society: Reborn MC that decided to take a different path in his new life. His family arranged a marriage to ML. ML is cold to others but gentle to MC.

God Level Summoner: they are long time friends.

Presidents Wife is a Man: they met in college, story is around their current life with flashbacks of their story.

Everyone Thinks that I Like Him: Complete. College students that are paired off by everyone around them. Gay MC was protesting more than strait ML. It was a slow burn, but sweet story.

Stop Bothering Me Emperor: Complete. MC and ML are reborn from ancient times to modern. ML was The emperor, MC was the male Empress.

The Reborn Otaku's Code of Practice for the Apocalypse: not sure if this counts, but it's still a good story.

7Marie likes this.
  5. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From it's sypnosis, it seems fun so I'll definitely give it a try, thanks!:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobhighfive:(y)

Edy3 likes this.
  6. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah, I just checked them out and as it turns out, the 1st and 3rd novels are in my reading list! :0 (just that I never paid attention to them) But since you recommended it, I'll definitely give them a try this time!

Oddly enough, I haven't heard of the second novel you recommended and from it's desc, it sounds like a good, long read!

I'll definitely try them all so thanks for recommending! (y):blobhighfive::blobsmilehappyeyes:

7. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Enjoy reading. Recommendation 1 & 3 has an erratic update schedule but 2 updates everyday so I guess you can let 1 & 3 simmer in your reading list more and start with 2.

7Marie likes this.
  8. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah. 5/6 on your recommendations are on my list! :0 (just that I never paid attention to them except 'Everyone Thinks that I Like Him' ;DD)

The only thing I didn't have was God Level Summoner and wow, it had 350+ chapters?! *-* deeeem

For some reason, I dropped the 'reborn otaku--' cause back then I felt that it was too slow? ;3

But other than that, thanks for recommending me these (and for taking your time!!!) :0 I'll definitely try them out! (y):blobsmilehappyeyes::blobhighfive:

9. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh! The first set was all BL, I can't believe I forgot these:

Rebirth on the Doors to the Civil Affairs Bureau: my number one drop everything to read. Xia Feng is really gentle, and Yu Dong is funny.

Amnesiac Queen: almost complete. ML likes to tease MC, but he believes in her even when she's not sure of herself.

Xian Wang Dotes on Wife: modern fMC transmigrated to Ancient China type world, ML dotes, she dotes back. Relationship wise it is sweet, plus the story is interesting. Only problem is the slow updates.

Drop!! ~A Tale of The Fragrance Princess~ Japanese SOL, so it is a long wait for real romance. Story is interesting with actual character growth she has goals and sets out to achieve them., plus the translation is great.

couchpotato1929 and 7Marie like this.
  10. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kiss the Black Cat (BL)they have always admired/looked up to the other person for years. slow romance
    Picked up a Strange Knight (BL) knight is teleported to todays Japan. MC ends up taking care of him. slow romance

Paper Planes (M+F) super cute!!! Please read
    Our Second Master (M+F) interesting love story. ML is an entitled jerk at the beginning but falls so hard and tries to treasure FL. know that beginning can be a lot...not a light read. But please try this LN. This story is a masterpiece!
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series...-the-crown-prince-of-the-neighboring-country/ (M+F)otome game setting-ish with MC being villainess being loved by neighboring country's prince. FL likes him for saving her. they obviously love each other by FL doesn't completely belive it.
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/villainesss-sweet-everyday/ (M+F) FL doesn't believe ML loves her even though everyone else can tell.
    Regarding the Duke with Gynophobia and the Eccentric Lady (M+F) cute/funny. ML is hopeless like a child but had good intentions :p
    Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife(M+F(former M) Gender bender. slow but cute/dorky Should try

7Marie likes this.
  11. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah! This time, it seems that out of 4 that you recommended, there's only one I'm familliar (+following) of! :0 (Drop!! A Tale of--)

I've checked them all out to see and wow I'm hooked! (Though one thing that surprised me was the amount of shared universe Amnesiac Queen has!! :blobfearful::blobdizzy:)

That aside, I can't wait to try out what you recommended to me! (and the one that I really want to start now is your number one :blobmelt::blobxd:)
    Once again, Thank you for recommending me these!!:aww::blobmelt:

12. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad you found something! By all means, start with Xia Feng and Yu Dong--they are just too cute!

If you need more feel free to check out my reading list (link should be under my name on the side, but just in case: https://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uname=c3ltic). I have eclectic tastes in reading, but when it comes to romance I generally stay away from jerk ML's. If I find a story and the ML is a jerk I usually drop it. The only stories I can't say much about are the one's on my "possibly" list--it is where I drop anything that looks remotely interesting and I go back through when I need something new to read.

Happy reading~

7Marie likes this.
  13. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    !! :0
    As it turns out, the two BL you gave me are on my reading list! (And yet again.. overlooked ;D)

But as for the M×F, out of the 6 you recommended, I got 2! (Though again.. yep ;3)

The thing that surprised me was the amount of chapters paper planes has woah :0 (and that I realized once again, how great the Love Rival's Wife was!!:aww:)

But yea! For all the novels you recommended me, thanks (they all sound great!!). I'll definitely try them out, and if ever, keep them in my list! :blobsmilehappyeyes:(y):blobhighfive:

14. digitalreader

digitalreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know paper planes only has 2 updates, but it is complete. It is a beautiful heart warming story so i'd definitely give it a go.

Even though not exactly what you are requesting but I would also like to recommend Rebirth of a Supermodel (BL) the interactions and chemistry between the 2 is gold! it is a slow romance to the sense that you don't release when the MC/ML fell until they are already together :blobsmirk::blobsmilehappyeyes:

have fun reading :blobsnow:

7Marie and c3ltic like this.
  15. Mariona

Mariona Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ballad of the Desert (Just read the reviews to see how great it is, this + sequel r prob my favorite romance novels on this site)
    + sequel Song in the Clouds if u can handle tragedy (MC+ML romance is so sweet and beautiful)
    Jiang hu’s road is curved (this is a comedy as well but it’s a good story)
    Seven Unfortunate Lifetimes, All Thanks to a Single Moment of Impulse (fated lover story w/ many heartwarming moments)

7Marie likes this.
  16. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    Assassin Farmer
    they start a new life at a village. Iirc they bring no riches but pets & harvested stuff from forest. ML is very doting to mc

7Marie likes this.
  17. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow I just checked it out and geez,

I'd definitely go for the first and the second one if I wanted a tragedy story soon ;3

The third one sounds fun though! I'll check it out with the other novels reccomended to me!

Thanks *w*!! (y):aww::blobsmilehappyeyes::blobhighfive:

18. 7Marie

7Marie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awa this story sounds cute :00!! I'll keep it ;DD

Thanks!! :blobmelt:

tak likes this.
  19. Novel_Seeker

Novel_Seeker New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Heroic Death System(bl): after the mc dies from a car accident he gets bound by a Heroic Death System where he has to complete his tasks and die heroically, its really a masterpiece you will probably not regret reading it. The mc gets reincarnated in every volume i give it a 5/5!! Just try first couple of chapters

20. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    The Heart of A Smith. Nice ml with a twist