LCD Seeking the Flying Sword Path

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Sep 21, 2017.

1. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a bit disappointed. I prefer bigger worlds like Desolate Era and Lord Xue Ying.

2. Carbone61

Carbone61 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually what i want to see is the stories of his family and his disciples. I mean they travel in the world to cultivate then some random guys tries to kill them and later mc shows up. I want overpowered stuff. Also, after his teacher left how three realms will be respecting biyou palace. It will hold the order in the three realms. No bigger worlds are needed for me.

soulimane likes this.
  3. soulimane

soulimane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i also would love something like that,like i said before i hope it a somewhat a of lengthy volume that covers that ,i would love to the see the mc chilling for hundred thousand of years.
    like we didn't just read through all of this ,just for him to become immortal and that story ends like that (like in other novels ) .
    i want to see him swagger off a bit.
    we invested so much in the 3 realms/story just for it to end in few chapters without addressing all of things
    the next volume is names "the changes of the 3 realms" let's hope for the best.

Carbone61 likes this.
  4. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whole point of reading IET is epic scale of world building to me. Was looking forward to another DE like adventure that would last 1300-1500 chapters.

Don’t think I will even read the story anymore other than reading summary over here. Seriously disappointing.

5. soulimane

soulimane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    like i thought ,passing the tribulation gave 129,600 Soul clones or something like that damn
    i wonder if he can make he's weaker clones enter small worlds

6. Carbone61

Carbone61 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they can enter. No way to let the fiend ancestor succeed his plans

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  7. pocketchu

pocketchu Omni

Reading List:
    Link
    How can it end so fast. Seems so incomplete and their universe is so small.

Mercy likes this.
  8. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know what i want anymore...End it here? Nah...
    Continue?But i didnt like DE after 3 realms so this cant be any better...

9. Agero

Agero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss the old days of reading CD and DE for the first time. Good times

10. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IET must have lost his vision midway and so decided to end it abruptly. Definitely not the first time. SS ended which didn’t feel like ending at all. LXY also ended where it felt like it should have gone on for at least few hundred chapters more. And with this particular novel it was clear that he struggling from the start; romance etc isn’t his territory.

That’s the issue with getting paid by word count. Quantity over quality. Authors can write anyway they want without being accountable for crap ending.

11. Manah

Manah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I believe this novel is the only one that end where it should lol (and IET already stretched it with fillers). It's called Seeking the Flying Sword Path (to freedom and immortality) which is what MC did by becoming the first Heavenly Dao Realm (the 10 realm, above perfection - 9) expert with a flying sword, exceeding the three realm limit. The last book is just tying loose ends.

As for what came after, based on Qin Yun temper, he won't leave without his waifu so he probably chilled outside killing all the fiends who tried to leave. :hmm:

kennykdogg, Cardoxon and Carbone61 like this.
  12. Agero

Agero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This novel is quite similar in ending arc with HSSB.

13. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    based on the same creation story so understandable.

14. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoiler me the ending? What about the next IET novel?

15. Chrish

Chrish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would love it if the next novel is about Yuan from SS and LXY..

16. willenstrauss

willenstrauss New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think this one novel should pair with DE, as the other four.

i seems to remember on DE there was a swordman that was taken its body by a dying almight and left a huge inheritance. later he was found dead outside for no reason that anyone knew.
    this guy has lots of common with the DE guy jin ning. both had rain dao applied on the sword.

what if the almighty didnt kill him and let him reincarnate as a gift or something, later even wo memories, he turned to be excellent swordsman, with lots in common against evil.

i think this new novel should last until nuwa leaves the three realms after the fight with the seenless gate, where as qin yun helps the three realms reform with captured enemies outside by means of sacrifice, after, ofc, the fiend war is done for

17. carnwennan

carnwennan White Hilt Divine Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    @CKtalon_TMW, what is the difference between avatar and embodiment?
    Last released chapter confused me in that regard. I thought they were synonyms.

18. ExaltedCelestialDreamwalker

ExaltedCelestialDreamwalker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok you are grossly misinformed. These two novels can’t possibly be connected and I’ll tell you why.

1. In DE the three pure ones are considered one being named Daoist three purifies and the Daoist as a whole was one big school instead of three like in Seeking the flying sword.

2. Buddha in DE was called Taphagata and not Gautama. We know this because subhuti states that taphagata was a man named shakyanumi who is a historical figure that become the Buddha, specifically the Gautama Buddha. If the novels were connected then all the other Daofathers from DE don’t have a reason to change how they address him. Also Buddha have never reincarnated in seeking the flying sword and is still an equal to the three pure ones and Nuwa. If this book was connected to DE then Buddha can’t possibly be their equal nor would the Buddhist be a major force until after he reincarnated. This was specifically stated by subhuti when he told Ji Ning the history of three realms.

3. Sun wukong In seeking the flying sword was born due to a natural phenomenon( I forgot the name but Qin Yun aquired the same natural phenomenon and there were suppose to be nine I think). In DE sun wukong was the indirect son of Nuwa having been born out of the stone she used to repair the heavens. Also to my knowledge sun wukong doesn’t have a master in seeking the flying sword whereas I’m DE he is apprenticed to subhuti.

4. Zhurong in DE is confirmed dead by subhuti. It was said leading up to the end war that Zhurong saves Gonggong’s life which is How Gonggong was still alive by the end war. In seeking the flying sword Gonggong was killed by Nuwa after he broke mount buzou while zhurong was simply trapped.

5. In DE Daofather fuju(the almighty possessed sword guy you were talking about) was possessed by world god northwest and later died since his soul burned out as he was heavily injured. This plot thread was solved during DE when Ji Ning encountered Northwest’s senior brother and subsequently joined his sect.

6. Cultivation do not match. In DE subhuti states that Godfiend in the beginning were bithed by the chaos numbered 8 elder gods, 81 true gods and 108000 empyrean gods and they all represented a dao. These three names are also cultivation realms equivilant to celestial immortal, true immortal and Daofather/ancestral immortal. In seeking the flying sword Godfiend a are born either as Skyimmortal and golden immortal.

7. No mention of bai ze. Bai Ze is the demon emperor so you’d expect him to be mentioned at some point. In fact demons aren’t even a faction in DE nor were fiends.

8. Fiends do not exist as a faction in DE

9. In DE the three realms only became the three realms after the original war with the seamless gate and the subsequent collision of the seamless chaos world and the primordial chaos world. In seeking the flying sword the three realms were the three realms since the beginning.

10. As mentioned above the three realms only became the three realms after the original war with the seamless gate and the subsequent collision of the seamless chaos world and the primordial chaos world. So if the novels are connected then the seamless gate should be a major force like the Daoist and Buddhist. Also rahu’s invasion would’ve already took place but no mention of an alien named Rahu was found anywhere.

11. Golden crow and Hou Yi in DE are both apprenticed by subhuti. Also Hou Yi in DE was MIA since the primordial era but he’s very active in seeking the flying sword and have no connection to subhuti as far as we know.

12. If the novels are connected then we would be in the three realms era of DE already since as I’ve stated above the three realms only became the three realms after the original war with the seamless gate and the subsequent collision of the seamless chaos world and the primordial chaos world. if this is the case Nuwa should not be in the three realms since she left after the original war against the seamless gate in DE.

13. In DE three purities was born as yuanshi(lord of primordial beginnings) one of the original true gods. He later reincarnated into laozi(Grand supreme elderly lord) and created a third body(Numinous treasures). Does this sound like the origin of the three pure ones in seeking the flying sword?

Note: this was note written with any malicious intent. I simply have issues with your theory and had to respond.

kennykdogg likes this.
  19. willenstrauss

willenstrauss New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    avatar is a separeted yet link entity, like a psude life.
    embosiment is a projetion made up with laws, has no life per se, but a sliver of divine sense, like a character in a game, ya control it, but its only a projetion of yr will, can turn off anytime

20. willenstrauss

willenstrauss New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    theres still lots of time to anything to change hsitorically, specially the cultivation system, after qin yu braved tribulation they should meditated upon it and learn and improve their system, not to mention steal feom other universes.

fiends ofc will be erradicated as a faction, demons will suffer a major,decline. human are nuwa sons made up with pangu genes, the pet o heavens, they only tolerated the other inferior being cuz the fiend wreaked too much havoc so a temporary cease fire was needed. demons are in general much moar incline to evil than humans, and they prey on humans naturally, not to mention chaos fiends that are born almightly.

every info ji ning got is way long after the facts and might be erroneous or being carelessly transmited, after all, they are claasical China stuff set on the novel, the author dont wabble too much on it, since its canonic and even so its quite criptic and have many interpretations.

the three purities one might be anything no one knows, only then, subhuti is a pussy only run here and there and being aloof, how can he touch on such high level to explain it for certain, hes a daoist and even fervent buddist cant talk too much of the misteries of it, let alone him.

the world as it is now is not necessarily the same after the seamless game world collision and many other minor and major calamities. so theres plenty of time to everything change to the sete on DE novel.

the golden crow and hou yi have lots of time to change, also subhuti cant teach them anything not on sfw or de, he only can provide a cosy nest. moar like rent, their apprentiship is a form of payment to scare others to mess with the real weak ones.

anyway, i was always wondering if in every chaos universe the names were the same for the initial gods that born with it or atlest on the region that guy Awakener spread his seeds. if so might as well as be another chaos universe that somehow resembles the history on ji ning de, or every other chaos universe have wuite similar events, since its likely that if they are born as much as a copy of each other, the subsequent spets are quite related.

dont see the author put so many repeated names on the too novel if it were completely unrelated, also the other novel he did the same. on DE there was loads of thing are related post mortum after like a triloion years, so theres much potential to explore, like he and huo yi hunting outside and the whole first war against the seamless gate, and seeing nuwa turn a a chaos lord and all the other minor character development, but yeah, wont happen

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019