LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    The manga?

2. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Manga is like watered version of novel lol. It always has been but I guess that’s how China manhua have to be for... younger audiences.

elengee and GDLiZy like this.
  4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point, I was just reading for the art and waiting for the arc ending for some epic moment.

5. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, can someone spoil me on how fang yuan regains his life span and loses zombies status?

6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah art is nice so I’ll give it that.

End of Book 4.

7. slayer6950

slayer6950 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've recently picked this up and need to ask a question. I am currently on Chapter 225, and it seems this volume is mostly a theme of scheming and conspiracy. I enjoyed the first two volumes with the scheming and conspiracy being a background setting, but volume three has it front and center as the main plot. How long does this continue?

8. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Less than 10 chapters later the arc ends. But then you gotta put up with FZ half the chapters for a while.

Actually the best about this novel is the comment section.

If the author cut down about 20-40% of his wordcount the novel would be way better.

9. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just started this novel and am up to roughy 250 where he is just entering shang city and the clan leader discovers that his daughtere xists.

I need to know something about hte main character. does he have any aspirations or desires? I am all for heartless characters with single minded pursuits. but so far they have done everything in their power to prove to me that the main character desires nothing and has no goals beyond screwing other people over. I am so fine with him killing lying and cheating to get what he wants, but he doesn't want anything and that makes me frustrated. he doesn't want money, status, or fame. he just wants power, but he doesn't want it to feel safe or to protect anything. he just wants power for the sake of power. i can not even begin to fathom what he plans to do once he has become the strongest being in the multiverse. he seems likely to either just go back in time to do it all over again, or just kill himself for the hell of it since he wants nothing and further living would be meaningless if nothing can kill him.

10. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to consider his past life, he was stepped on and cast aside for over 300 years of his life before he got some strength to change his own fate through a lucky chance but then still got fucked over because he lacked strength.

It's like someone being poor all his life and missing out on everything others have, they'd get fixated on wanting to be rich.

In summary, he wants to be the one stepping on others out of a deep rooted trauma, anger, envy and everything, will stop at nothing to come out on top.

Instead of a specific positive goal it's more to control his own life's course. Literally going against fate.

11. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he say his goal was to do what the rank 9 venrables fail and see if immortality actually exists\/

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much comes down to being above others and being the one looking down at them. Not so much goals as part of the result. II'm sure we'll get plot twists relating to Red Lotus rank 9 almost destroying fate and MC getting caught up in that. I'd say the main goal is much like all cultivation novels, overcoming heavens and fate.

Fate being damaged already enabled various forms of living on when you were fated to die, i can imagine he'll be eternal if he jacks fate Gu.

13. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    from what you are saying something more must be explained about his personality later on. but currently he is just a sociopath who cares for no one and nothing even when he finds legitimate care and love from others. and even when he finds actual friendship from people who truely understand what type of person he is. That i do not get. you would think that he would at the very least not screw people over for no reason what so ever. they try to make it seem like everything he does is for a reason, but most of the time he takes the option to kill and destroy when befriending people would be bother easier and faster. that seems more chaotic evil, and that makes no sense to me.

14. Karyehs

Karyehs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though it is said that he does everything that's necessary for his goal (true eternal immortality, so immortal that he couldn't even kill himself if he wanted to), in reality that's not true. He will often make stupid decisions and make it hard for himself... very often.

When he is able to reach a goal simply by avoiding insulting everybody and his mothers immortal grandfathers super Gu Immortal clan and spitting his competitior in the face and taking advantage of them being blinded by his spit, he will most likely spit a random bear into it's face, feed your daughter to it, while it is blinded and then fart into your face while you're blinded... And while you're choking on his gas he will kick you into the shin... Like... he is creating most trouble for himself without a reason to.

On the other side it is fine for him to be a 'loner'. If friendship means you gotta slow down on your path and they hold you back, they can't be friends in the first place. Especialls in a world where 'friendship' means to submit to others and giving up the resources you need to advance in the first place. And the time to use them, if you were able to hide them. (since you are given orders, which benefit those stronger than you, who obviously don't want you to rise high enough that you actually are a competitor for the same resources)

That being said... I feel like the author is an asshole. It's like he is giving his best to show you a juicy carrot... then two carrots... and a infinite carrot farm... just to give you the stick. And then burn the stick. And put it into your butt, while it's still burning. Then you get fillers, recaps of the last few chapters, random side characters perspectives who only exist to piss everybody off and are unkillable.... And then you get a recap of the recap (because you could have forgotten something while reading the fillers)...

The author goes out of his way to annoy his readers many times, he probably understood that satisfied readers are bad customers.

15. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    this zombie deal is getting too long.

And the manga is highly superior compared to most other xianxia to manga adaptations

letswait, elengee and Wujigege like this.
  16. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    what chapter number does he go back from zombie to human?
    spoiler tag please.
    @Sky Farrow

17. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its not till the end of the next volume, it gives him a major power up tho.

18. Kaiser Megami

Kaiser Megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    elengee likes this.
  19. Serroxley

Serroxley Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently at chapter 2286, and I've been settled into the 1 chapter/day wait for a while now. I'd be happy to give spoilers/answer questions is you people want me to.

20. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    So is this whole volume just filler? Also explain more about how he gets a new body from the dream realm...