Question Solo Leveling / I Alone Level Up

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Viola, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone here know what chapter 66 of the manga corresponds with to the actual novel.

And further if anyone knows if the manga follows the novel closely or if i should just be re-reading the novel. It is something id like to avoid but will do if necessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I would allways recommend to start from the beginning at a new source, like you from Manga to LN. However the Manga adapted the LN pretty good and except for a few things everything was in the Manga. (Except him visiting the school & buying some stuff)

HNCKrstl and Viola like this.
  3. GxC

GxC Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manwha is better than the novel imo.

The novel has more indepth information about the story, but it isn't necessary. The manwha goes straight to the point and has really good art and action scenes.

All in all, the novel was alright. But the Manwha is better. If u still want to read, then I think it's 5-10 chapters ahead. So ch 71+

4. Potato Tomo

Potato Tomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 83

Viola likes this.
  5. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    It is some of the best art i have seen and doesn't seem to be rushed either. I'm reticent to read ahead but im dying to know more about the story.
    Plus the art is so good i know ill come back every week.

Thank you good sire!

6. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe because the manhwa artist had a more vivid imagination.

Viola likes this.
  7. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the MC in the novel comes across as pretty stupid sometimes but you should be OK if you can turn off your brain (i couldn't do it which led to a lot of teeth grinding). usually i like novels better but in this case i think the manhwa is much better.

Viola likes this.
  8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    He seems super calculating and confident in the Manhwa. I can see where the problem may lay in that case.

Good warning though. Sometimes you gotta read with only half your brain on cause the story is so good... but the execution... meh.

rhianirory likes this.
  9. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @rhianirory
    Solo's MC is already considered "above average" intelligent when compared to MCs of other KR Novels (cough MEMORIZE), JP Novels (insert Isekai Beta MCs) and CN Novels (ATG, Beauty and the Bodyguard, etc).

@Viola
    Solo Leveling's story is only average, Manhwa is better only because of the Manhwa Studio Artist(s). It's a classic case of "Show, don't tell". Sometimes, overwhelming the readers with visual action and explosion will allow them to ignore the plotholes.

Imagine if Overgeared Manhwa's artist was doing this, the manhwa would have been cancelled before the 1st Double-Dungeon Arc completed.

KIJIN likes this.
  10. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i wasn't specifically speaking about Solo Leveling when i said that but i suppose i didn't really make that clear. I was just speaking of some novels in general.

And sure Solo Leveling doesn't have the best story out there.... but for its genre... ya i think it ranks pretty highly. Is it a high quality story though? No.

11. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Viola
    Just to let you know the Manhwa has slight deviations from the Novel (also we don't know whether these slight deviations will accumulate and retcon the story entirely in the Manhwa because readers didn't like the Novel after a certain arc):
    • There was a scene in the novel that MC was breaking/bending metal spoons in the cafe to silence noisy kids/teens but Manhwa didn't have it.
    • S Ranker Hwang-guy never came to South Korea for the entire Novel because he was banned by South Korean Immigration (I think). So him coming to the 1st Red Gate arc was a Manhwa-exclusive.
    • Manhwa had MC's sister interacting with Yoo Jinho earlier and more frequent? than it should in the Novel.

KIJIN and Viola like this.
  12. Indiano

Indiano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading the novel (240 now) and the big problem is the plot with time travel and blablabla, this is shit and the Manhwa should really change it.