How did you think you last got sick?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay, that was 19 years ago. I'm completely fine now though last time like few weeks ago I got hospitalised after a friend of my mine bought a lot of goddamn delicious broad beans. I completely forgot about my problem and ate a lot of it. How cruel for such a delicious thing to be the bane of my existence.

2. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    *pat* *pat*

I love beans in general, red and pinto beans are staple in my culture. I love all sorts of beans, good for protein and anemia usually. I feel for ya.

3. Xalysian

Xalysian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't call it sick, but I've been feverish for the past couple of weeks now - just that, I kept doing my stuffs like I'm in good condition.
    Cause? Well, drawing too much? Writing too much? Thinking too much? I don't know, one of them caused this fever.
    A friend got a coughing fit, after a period of hanging out with me last week.

A word of advice; tell others that you're 'sick', instead of hiding it, so they can leave you alone...

4. Heckaton

Heckaton Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been quite a while, but the last time I got sick it's just a slight fever. Didn't really know the cause, though

5. rwnrmdn

rwnrmdn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm...sick...for a bad diseases, heavy sick that needed to be treated in the hospital...it has been too long to remembered when was it last happened...simple sickness, like fever, vertigo, flu, or skin allergic...when the wheather is acting like a moody person on their bad time and me forget to have my meal on time...or when my water intake is not optimum...then when the virus batalyon attack...

6. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eating food from a street stall and got sick

7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I was at friends place drinking and they all smoke weed except for me so the entire time the balcony was open(it was about 10 C outside). So they smoked one everyone together, then one would smoke while the others didn't, then the next one and the next so it was open the whole time coz of the smoke. Honestly it pissed me off, I don't even smoke tobacco and I got sick coz of them.

8. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You could have used your feet and left. I don't think you can blame them when you were in a place that you didn't want to be, but did nothing about it.

9. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say I didn't wanna be there, they could've at least smoked all at the same time and closed the blacony when they weren't smoking. Ideally no one would smoke but who am I as one guy when 7 others are smoking to tell them what to do.

10. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm seeing this from my own perspective. As the guy that generally still had more weed on him at the end of these situations, and would always start rolling once everyone thought we were done, I know that if I was involved in this you probably would have been there 20 minutes longer. When there is a group of people smoking cigarettes around me and I don't want to be around it, I'll at least leave the room.

11. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Leave where? It's not like I don't wanna hang out or am really bothered by the smoke, it was friend's birthday and it's not like I knew I was gonna get sick coz of the cold.

12. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably cold air

13. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HIV?

Then you should not have walk in the rain to visit that certain friend. Should have wait.

Wow.

14. alexsandro22

alexsandro22 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got sick too buddy... it's awful

15. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    just got sick recently

nowadays i got sick when weather changes...like a month of sun (hot) then suddenly heavy rain in the next 2-3 days

i mostly have headache or my body feels heavy...other than that is basic cold and flu...i could still do my work tho, but not too heavy and take a rest earlier

i drank a lot of water mostly and have simple medicine...

16. KurouDaijuji

KurouDaijuji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With hindsight I can see that it got me sick, but I'm used to getting wet & it not being a problem (probably because it's usually less than an hour between when I get wet & when I get to somewhere I can change).

And honestly, when an ~40yo who regularly exercises & engages in sports both summer & winter has a heart-attack, you do not put off going to see them, even if they've already survived surgery.

17. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. If that person is very important to you, then yes.