Is this a fake friend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blazingprincess, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Blazingprincess

Blazingprincess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have this one friend, she's popular, kinda smart, and sporty.

Whenever she sees her popular friends she just leaves me to go talk to them and ends up ignoring me. She actually pretends I don't exist when I try to say hi to her in hallways and she's with them and then later tells me that she saw me (not just once but every time)

She always asks questions but never answers mine in return. Like for test corrections, she asked if I wanted to trade answers on the test with her, I agreed. I sent her mine and she never sent me them back. That was a week ago. I kept asking but she just ignored me and asked me more questions about test stuff, then the day before test corrections due she like "oh sorry can't give you it I have to go to sleep now lol." She also asked me to work on it together with her, she kept procrastinating and then ended up doing it in 1st period today and it's due tomorrow. I now have to do a shit ton of work with this added on top.

She sees her popular friends being mean to me and laughs. She would hate it if someone took her paper and ripped it up but when it happened to me she didn't give a f cuz it's her friends. Sees me crying and talks about it later laughing at me.

I don't know if I'm just being too sensitive but it's just getting really annoying and waearehgnjwkfirugete. so yeah

edit: I guess deep down I always knew she wasn't behaving right but I'm bad at confronting people and like to solve things peacefully, I might say I'd slam a chair on her head but I'd get too scared of getting into trouble. Maybe I've just always had a fear of rejection... I used to hate my ethnicity since I lived in a city with mostly white ppl and my classmates were lowkey racist to me sometimes. After moving I guess I started liking who I am more since it's more culturally diverse here. Still, I am always overly self-conscious about how people think of me and don't want them to dislike me. I guess I am sort of a people pleaser/ doormat. I have a hard time saying no to someone since I don't like offending people and burning off bridges.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's either a fake story or a fake friend. Not sure which though. :hmm:

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you realize this, but you're being bullied. Don't give her whatever she asks you to give her. Distance yourself, find someone else to be friends with.

That isn't friendship. That's parasitic behaviour.

4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you know the answer in your heart....but I will say that to me it doesn't sound like she is a real friend. XXOO

ThunderingSnow likes this.
  5. Ziavory

Ziavory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely fake.

ThunderingSnow likes this.
  6. timma

timma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are you under the assumption that this person is your friend at all... She seems like a bully. I can't think of a single person that I've called a friend who wouldn't at least wave if I was walking by..

eroxaz and ThunderingSnow like this.
  7. LK

LK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In a not dating way dump there ass

8. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, at least she's pretending to be your friend. Better than you having no friends *and* no fake friends, I guess

thymee likes this.
  9. KidBuu

KidBuu Embrace Darkness

Reading List:
    Link
    First off the person doesn't even sound like a fake friend. They sound like a person who is just using you for schoolwork.
    Secondly, If you have to question whether someone is really a friend, then most likely they are not.

LtBeefy, Otakureader, eroxaz and 3 others like this.
  10. Ziavory

Ziavory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the 'friendship' is this toxic, it should be ended. Else it gonna backfire oneday.
    In addition, why you even doing her work? Tell her to do it herself.
    You're just being used.

11. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    she's only using u..that's all...

12. Blazingprincess

Blazingprincess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have other friends but she's the only person I know in my math class and if I don't get along with her I'll be completely alone.

13. Desperatereader24

Desperatereader24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a serious question? If it is I can’t imagine what you’ve been through to even consider someone who treats you like that a friend.
    I wish you happiness. You deserve it for being kind enough to put up with that.

xalienxgamerx, eroxaz and Geor like this.
  14. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Lonely in math class? Just browse NUF during the math class, problem solved.

Joke aside, it's better to be lonely than to have such friend.

RougeAsura, in_awe and SeiraJLoyard like this.
  15. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    Those people are parasites. E.g. They just make you their friend because you're smart.
    If they got what they needed, they will dispose of you. You are only their friend now because you are a necessity. G

Girl, wake up. That fakeness is so obvious in broad daylight.

16. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf. There's no way this person is a friend. They're more like your enemy.

Otakureader likes this.
  17. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeap, definitely fake.

Real friends are the ones who fight for your sake, even feel angry and hurt themselves when you are. And they definitely give you their answers to copy, however bad they are.

in_awe and timma like this.
  18. Potato Tomo

Potato Tomo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You haven't watch enough anime to tell them apart

in_awe likes this.
  19. ThunderingSnow

ThunderingSnow Sipping up a cup of chaotic good...and boba

Reading List:
    Link
    Fufufu, just pretend you're so dense you don't notice, but then secretly form a squad to face slap her squad back with defamation.

in_awe likes this.
  20. Nenapena

Nenapena Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have gone through that too... I have 2 friends ..let's say A and B.. A in my class and B in different class... My class is full of "popular" people and A become distand to me and hang out with them... My other friend,B notice this and i talk a lot about this...

I get used to by my friend,B and the "popular".. sometime they want me to "be the one" if anything bad come up or when the teacher want something... They look at me and say "come on.. say something".. and when something good happens.. they look so proud of it.

I got avoided by my whole class for a year :'') so i become a loner in my class... But.. i am actually happy... I am more happt being alone and minding my own business and then play with my other friend, B.. rather than playing with A and become "slave" for this person.

I know it is hard but you can use this as a lesson.... Not all friends are a real friends.

Sorry for my bad english btw :')