Is this a fake friend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blazingprincess, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe it's both?

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Your right she a lousy friend. With friends like that who needs enemies. A good friend would stick by you. Who would cherish you. Would be thoughtful of your day to day life. There are over 9 billion other people on this planet. Believe me there are better people out there. If nothing else you can count on me. Message me if you need a sympathetic ear.
    Next time she ask for something. Just say sorry I don’t feel comfortable trading papers right now. And smile.
    Good luck.

eroxaz likes this.
  3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically she i is someone who sees you as a friend with benefits. Why you ask. Simple you are too kind to even vicious people and so they built you and get themselves benefited

4. in_awe

in_awe [Daisy's Pet][Tilgar's Master][Evil Chaotic Fluff]

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like you kind of already know the answer but don't want to admit it. No, they're not your friend. Why are you selling yourself short like that? If you find yourself doubting like this, 9/10 they are not your friend. Just because the word friend comes out of their mouth, it doesn't mean they are. Actions are worth more than words. If they say something, "Gimme your work, we're friends." They are just good at manipulating people but not your friend. I really don't know what to say. Our personalities might not be the same however remember to leave toxic people out. If she asks for anything, tell her to pay you and you might consider it. Giving the work doesn't make you nice, it makes you stupid. Anyway, if she does this again, smile and walk away. Don't even feel guilty about it because it's not you.

5. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahahahaha so true

6. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    It honestly doesn't even have to be that. Being friends means mutual benefits. This is just one-sided. That girl is just good at using people.

7. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    The fakeness isn't even covered up.

8. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you scared of being lonely?

9. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not kind. It's naive and too innocent. In simple terms, stupid. Oof I sound mean. I was raised with tough love so I don't really know how to say it nicely

10. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    What da shit this is straight up bullying. Don't be a beta and slapped her.

11. Blazingprincess

Blazingprincess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But she knows all my friends so can't really form a squad if she's friend with all of them too..

I can't just tell her no because if I cause conflict between us it will affect all my other friends since she knows them all too. I feel bad as well since she always gives presents for Christmas and stuff.

12. Cr0w

Cr0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does she also do those stuff to her other friends, the friends that you both have in common?

13. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, but this is one of the most pathetic line I've read outside of fictions.

Drake98 likes this.
  14. Blazingprincess

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not necessarily scared but I just hate the feeling of being isolated, in most my other classes I'm alone as well. Like for my video production class I have no one to work with during team activities and the teacher has to place me with someone but it's awkward because I know they don't want to work with me. Also in PE my two friends are usually talking about kpop but I'm not really a big fan so I don't really know what they talking about, the friend I was talking about is also in my PE class but she doesn't hang out with us and goes to her other friends instead. In every language arts class I've ever taken I've never had any friends in then so it's basically one of the classes I hate the most, same with my science class.

15. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    Why can't you? Conflict is conflict. You are you. No is just a simple word. You put too much on yourself thinking this is the only way to keep things together but it'll just make it worse. You'll break down in the end and you'll be the only one left behind. And hahhh~ gifts are gifts. She chose to give it to you. It's not like you asked her to. Of course, it's a good manner to replicate the kindness but if the intention behind the gift is to use you, I wouldn't touch the gifts. If the gift was purely out of the goodness of her heart = okay. But it doesn't look like it. At least what you're telling me

Drake98 and Otakureader like this.
  16. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want to be mean but yes. I agree. However, everyone is different in coping with loneliness.

17. Blazingprincess

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really since she doesn't any class periods with them.

18. Cr0w

Cr0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you are being sensitive. I think that she is using/bullying you.
    Maybe try asking what your other friends think about the situation. Since they don't have classes with them maybe they aren't as close with her either.

Drake98 likes this.
  19. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    That is called a "fair weather friend" basically only friendly when it suits their needs. If you have other friends(that dont treat you like trash) I would slowly work your way out of their sight. While making a sudden and dramatic breaking of your fair weather friendship may be somewhat cathartic, it also tends to encourage them to actively seek some sort of retribution. Best let the fake friendship fade away peacefully if possible.

20. in_awe

Reading List:
    Link
    How do I say this? If you put more importance on a single issue you'll break when the issue gets out of hand. Your whole friend group is messy. You're not promoting yourself. All my words are going to be harsh, but I really mean good intentions for you. I do dislike the feeling of isolated but the thing is, being in this is worse. Find yourself other hobbies, listening to music, art, craft, anything, reading novels. If not, you won't be able to cope with this well. As for group projects, I agree. I don't like minging with strangers but they are in the same situation you are. Be the first to open your mouth and promote your personality. Can you give me a taste of your personality? Like are you shy? Timid?