Picked Up Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by summer-162, Apr 17, 2019.

1. summer-162

summer-162 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Remarried Empress

Image link: https://m.novel.naver.com/webnovel/illust.nhn?novelId=765207&viewType=List

Raw Link:
    https://m.novel.naver.com/webnovel/list.nhn?novelId=765207

webtoon link: https://otakusan.net/MangaDetail/27671/remarried_empress

NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series...ash=42d26d36b1f62de1b163baf54d348470#comments

Why It Should Get Picked Up: it got an interesting premise the artwork is stunning.

Description:
    She was a perfect empress. However, the emperor does not want an empress to help him run a country. He wants a spouse, not a colleague. So the emperor abandoned her and placed a slave woman next to him. It was fine though. Until she heard the Emperor promise her to be next Empress. she decided to worry.
    "Then I will remarry with the Emperor of the neighboring country."

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting.

Night Haze likes this.
  3. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    A strong, powerful female character? Fuck yeah! Exactly what this site is missing. :blobhero:

4. Vico

Vico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno, sounds kind of like those villainess novels where they get accidental revenge (on their prince fiance when he dumps/annuls their engagement to them for some village girl) by marrying the neighbor prince/ the 1st prince and shows them how lacking in knowledge and stupid they were for leaving her...

And most of those turned out to be boring, repetitive, and bad writing.. At least in my opinion. I'd read a few chapters because it does sound interesting but, if the difference ends at an ancient china setting with some face slapping then...meh.

Gin_Hindew and crimsonwolf8439 like this.
  6. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Korean novel, I don't think this novel will have faceslapped, cause I have seen Korean novel, female protagonist is like really too weak, even though she has knowledge but compare to ML and emperor, she is like ant who only think of hide and well behaved. Korean female protagonist dont revenge on scum emperor and slag douchbag husband because she is weak and coward. This is what I think of Korean protagonists cause there aren't any strong protagonist but only coward.

7. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Shrugs, sounds like what I would do in their place. Except I'd probably die...haha.

8. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 definitely interested in this one

9. aceclover95

aceclover95 『Starry Night Translator』『Ruler of Sloth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! Definitely recommended! I read the raw until the latest chapter and I reallly anticipate the next chapter.
    So while the synopsis is like that, the story doesn't immediately go through that broken engagement scene, nope. Even the latest chapter hasn't touch that event. The first chapter is like 'what will happen in the future', but there are many things happening before that could happen.
    First, the empress came from a family that has produced empresses for generations. So the empress, even if she wants to divorce the emperor, can't do that for fear that her family will be executed or the family's good name will be tarnished. She really loves her family and be loved in return by her family. And she actually was on good terms with the emperor, it's just that she is too work-minded, while the emperor wants a loving wife. Although the moment the concubine enters the scene, their good relationship went down the drain.
    Second, I agree that the emperor is blinded by love and is a hypocrite. -___- but this story is not just about that, there are many conspiracies behind the scene. Like the power behind the emperor's concubine (I think her name is Rasta? or something like that), she was a slave and the one who enslaved her manipulated her, now that she has been freed as a slave and becomes a concubine.
    Third, Rasta is jealous of the empress and everything she has (the position of the empress and the official wife, her loving family, her riches, etc) while the empress is envious of Rasta (for having the emperor's love, her cute and lovable demeanor,...and for her baby)
    Fourth, the prince of the next country (who on the first chapter is said will be the empress' next husband) is just lovable <3

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  10. Lukha

Lukha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Looks interesting! :blobmelt:

11. Innieminnie

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Nice spoiler! You've sold me sir, sign me up! XD

12. summer-162

Reading List:
    Link
    could I get more spoilers, please?

13. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you can say there are 4 things going on at the same time.
    The emperor expects the empress to accept Rasta and her baby (as in accepting the baby like it is her own), while becoming a good empress at the same time (which is idiotic, how could he expects her to accept his concubine and the baby, which basically the prove of his affair).
    Rasta is very possessive, ignorant and bold at the same time, self-conscious about who she was (a slave and a concubine) and uses every advantage she has to undermine the empress. Because of her status as a concubine, even if she has a baby, if the empress has a baby hers would only be a noble at most and wouldn't be recognized as a royalty, and even if the empress doesn't have a baby, Rasta's baby would be brought up as the empress' and Rasta's status as a concubine wouldn't change. So she really jealous of/dislikes the empress.
    Also.
    it's not actually hers and the emperor's baby, it's hers and the son of the one who enslaved her. But the emperor doesn't know about this.
    At the same time, the prince of the neighborhood nation and the minister (I think?) of the other neighborhood nation are interested in the empress. They became friends with the empress (although because they know that the empress is married they maintain a respectable distance) and were seen together a couple of times. The emperor doesn't like this (even though it's pretty hypocrite of him -_- why can he has an affair with another woman but the empress can't even have friends with other guys?)
    The one who enslaved Rasta is a duke, and he wants power. So he manipulates/threatens Rasta, using Rasta's status as a concubine and as someone who is pampered by the emperor, the duke always asks for an incredulous amount of money to Rasta. And Rasta, who is afraid of him (because he is the tangible proof of her past as a slave, and other things (Rasta's past as a slavr hasn't really been described, just a hint here and there)) does as he bids.
    Meanwhile, the empress really just wants to be a good empress. She does her job well, even with Rasta rubbing her baby and her relationship with the emperor on her face. She maintains a professional distance with the other guys, and she tries to maintain a good relationship with the emperor. Although it seems that she is fed up with the emperor these days, especially when he wants her to celebrate his and Rasta's baby.
    And from the latest chapter, it seems the day when the emperor and the empress divorce is almost here. I can't wait!

14. summer-162

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, the emperor is that bad?
    Also, does he have no feelings for her (the empress) or what so ever?
    And what dose finally leads to the divorce?
    Sorry, I feel like I'm asking too many questions, it just seems like a great novel I wish someone will translate it.

lazynoodles likes this.
  15. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    Uuh the emperor is kinda ambiguous about the empress. There are times when he seems to like the empress, like he brought her to go on a date with him on her birthday, he prefers her quiet company than the chatty Rasta, he defended her once when Rasta accused the empress as being bare (cannot have a child). But other times, I just feel like the emperor only likes the empress because she's convenient.
    the may be reason for divorce: the empress brother, in an indignant and righteous anger for her, bought some people around Rasta to put abortion pills in her food. The empress defended her brother (she doesn't know about the truth) but after an investigation it seems that her brother really was the one behind the abortion pill. As this is a traitorous act towards the royal family, it seems there will be punishment for either her brother, the empress, or maybe the empress' family. This is the latest chapter. I don't know if this actually becomes the reason for divorce.

16. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please spoiler is if you know who is the ML. Emperor sucks for me.

17. aceclover95

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the neighboring country's prince. I think his name is Henry or something. In his country, the royal family can transform into birds. And he uses his bird form to deliver messages to the empress and became her secret friend. Although the empress doesn't know that the bird is the prince himself, later on she finds out that her secret friend is Henry. She doesn't have a feeling toward Henry though, at least not yet.

LunadeSelene and Asha7 like this.
  18. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think femals MCs should rape those who betrayed her kill them and then rape there corpse. Only then will I be satisfied. Fuck nuance. I want to see them suffer 10 times. Bring on the edge
    The emperor seems like he wants his cake and to eat it too. He wants a someone to fuck and an empress so his reputation will be secure infront of the common people

19. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann I LOVE SELFISH VILLAINESS

Reading List:
    Link
    Same
    I did love to see female mc rape scum man and killed him. I wanted female mc like male mc who rape and killed enemies. Make them suffered worse but too bad female mc is weak and coward make me angry and disgust. 90% female mc are Stockholm Syndrome.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    lazynoodles likes this.
  20. summer-162

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it depends on the novel, if it is historical like this one then it has to be taken into consideration that society was not kind to women and that they taught or more like had it drilled in their head that they are weaker than men and needed to just look pretty and be obedient, there wasn't much that could be done without these women being shunned by society, and that the best case scenario as in most cases they were executed and nobody cared.

Last edited: May 17, 2019