LCD A Will Eternal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Apr 27, 2016.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that the story is coming to an end, I heard that the end is rushed and was wondering that if the latter arc would be good?

I have currently put this on hold at 272 so pls no spoiler.

2. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s fun but don’t expect a level of epicness that the other series have. The rushing makes the cultivation realms seem not as grand which gets in the way of understanding how cataclysmic everything is

3. Ornoth

Ornoth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't like the battle with MR. All those "Be Destroyed! Be Destroyed!" things is pure laziness. What happened to cultivating skills? It's like the author completely disregarded it.

I really wanted to see him use his old techniques. Only Waterswamp Kingdom survives up to now, in which the Author always tease us. The Human Controlling Grand Magic disappeared too despite giving hints to it in the "Time World". The Lightning Detox Grand Magic never sees the day again too. The last good battle was probably with Ghost Mother in ED. After that nothing memorable battle happened. Bai Hao's resurrection is really weak too compared to his death. He revives but has no purpose now. Its It's the author is not trying anymore.

Also, where's Du Lingfei? Don't tell me the author will rush the conclusion for her story? So far the ending arc is not giving me the same feelings as it was on the first half of the story which is really disappointing. Maybe ill just give this 3.5/5 :-(

4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    in case anyone wants to put a time stamp on when this novel takes place, in the last chapter, after he leaves his universe, he gets hit with Meng Hao’s Karma writ. He notes that Meng hao is levels beyond what he was at the end of iisth and then chooses to repay the debt that the karma writ gave him by sending him several aphrodisiac pills

5. willuwontu

willuwontu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, Allheaven from ISSTH, what's happening?

6. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything. Everything is happening.

7. Ophis_Trihexa

Ophis_Trihexa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Waterswamp is explained.
    But the only other technique shown is punching.

8. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy Extermination is Old Man Extermination, right?

9. excr

excr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a comprehensive summary for the lore? All this is very confusing.

10. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that this novel is gonna be over soon, can some1 who read the whole of the novel say is it worth reading, i have read 2 of er gens novels, i shall seal the heavens and am reading renegade immortal, both of which i liked, the red wedding arc is one of my fav arcs in all of the novels i ever read most probably, so is this novel as good as them?

11. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Taking a leap of faith is all it takes sometimes.

StuffedDuck likes this.
  12. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    that is a sound advice but .... bruh :( just help me out

13. TheDeadApostle

TheDeadApostle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a great story for its genre, but ultimately it depends on what you are looking for. If you're looking for a dark, nature and gritty story then this isn't really for you. It's further from Xian Ni and closer to ISSTH in terms of tone. It's hilarious with running jokes and it plays on xianxia tropes, so if you've read Library of Heaven's Path then you'll like this.

14. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't like library of heavens path a single bit ..... So it shouldn't be something which I like, but I think I'll still give it a try mainly coz it's close to issth, thx man

15. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a very light hearted version of ISSTH. Honestly, Er Gen baby proofed this one, ISSTH had some very emotional and intense moments, the few that this novel had are usually resolved within a few chapters so there's never been any real sense of danger.

That said, that lack of intensity makes for a very enjoyable and light hearted read. Came here wondering if Er Gen was starting to wrap things up, and I'm honestly disappointed that he is. It feels like the story is just starting and I thought we were about to begin a new arc.

Although when your MC gains enlightenment of everything it's pretty hard to continue creating conflict.

16. craBebe

craBebe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sad the story is coming to an end. It's always felt like BXC has been trapped in this small pocket world and never had the chance to go adventure and explore. When he broke out of one, he just found himself trapped inside another. I was hoping we would get to see him do that, but it looks like Er Gen just wants to end the series.

I can see this being a stopping point. It's a bummer, but I'm looking forward to whatever he decides to write next!

17. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    yes

18. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally disagree. While it may feel rushed, it's not. Er gen just cut a lot on the usual Dao comprehension, removed tribulation alotogether, and just went straight to the point. In the usual Xianxia :
    Let's say you are a Xianxia MC, and you wanted to go from you bedroom to your kitchen. As a Xianxia MC, you'll first find out you have a hole in the ground, you'll patch it up. Then a pipe break down above you, you patch it up. Then, when you take a step, your little toe hit the door of your bedroom, causing your to be KO for a good bit. Then you take a step out of the room, you slip on the floor as you find it's silppery for some reason. You take paper from your pocket and clean the stuff. Then while you're halfway your feet twist and so, you're immobilized again. You wait until at least the pain goes away, before noticing a skateboard reclining on the wall. You use your new "cheat" to go quickly to the kitchen, but you find out the door has a problem and can't open up. You then have no choice but to sacrifice your skatebord by breaking the door with, then you enter with your heart bleeding, and your feet swollen, you find out the oven is working and it's kinda...on fire. You then protect yourself with a part of the now broken skateboard and quiclly go disconnect the oven and turning it off, finally resolving this earth-shattering crisis.
    congratulations, you're finally in the kitchen.

While AWE, aside from the small slip and the broken door and the oven one, that's it pretty much. Literally zero filler. So while, granted, it may feel rushed, it's not. There's literally no one beside those in the Eternal Flower, and if there was it would basically be a rinse&repeat of (BXC discover enw world -> cuz disaster ->gongs and drums->new world->cause disaster->gongs and drums).
    Tho I really don't like cutting of the Comprehension bit. It's all because of that darned IP, the shorter/simpler a novel is, the easier it is to adapt it. Sigh.

I for one likes this ending better than the ISSTH one, since the fact it's supposed to be light-hearted and all that gives it even more impact for ex.

Basically, it's not rushed, just more streamlined.

Have a nice day :) (hi btw brother Zephyr)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    StuffedDuck likes this.
  19. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Waterswamp is very used. The Human controlling Magic turned into his Gravitanional one, that he uses whenever he uses the Essence of Time. All other techniques, Throat crushing Grasp, Mountain Shaking bash, Living Mountain Incantation, etc are always mentioned in fights. The Lightning Detox Magic makes it appearance again in the Dark Concocters bit. If there's an Er Gen novel where early techniques always come back, it's AWE. And honestly, I kinda agree with the Bai Hao part, but sadly he's irrelevant now. His purpose was to motivate BXC after all..

As for Du Lingfei, her case is apparently resolved at the end.

20. Nepuko

Nepuko 『Ultimate Senior』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yea latest arc/ending is epic, especially if you read ISSTH before.