Spoiler The Turing Code (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by xiin, Apr 13, 2019.

1. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    图灵密码 - The Turing Code
    Raws: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3618070
    Author: 非天夜翔
    (same author as Seizing Dreams)

Synopsis:
    Wen Tianhe takes over from his second brother and becomes the president of a company only to have the company go bankrupt on his first day. While he's scrambling around liquidating his assets to pay off as much as he can, he discovers Prometheus, an AI that his father and family friend left behind.

The AI was created from their code, and then programmed to evolve and grow based on Wen Tianhe's childhood friend, and ex, Guan Yue.

In order to keep Prometheus operational, Wen Tianhe has no choice but to seek help from Guan Yue, who still believes enough in him to act as a guarantor for Wen Tianhe's dying company.

The story follows Wen Tianhe as he reunites with Guan Yue, saves his company, and eventually develops Prometheus into a genuine 'AI being' that can pass the Turing test.

[​IMG]

2. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    so i was reading this until 4am :blob_teary:

some key points:
    - mostly written from the shou Wen Tianhe's POV
    - ML is the kind that treats words like gold, rarely talks to anyone (there's a joke in the early chapters where ML's subordinates discuss how many phrases he's spoken that day... apparently he'd spoken 7 sentences, which meant he was in a really good mood)
    - they get back together again by ch47, but you see snippets of their old life together throughout the entire novel, which gives the whole thing a kind of nostalgic feel
    - all the main characters in this novel are rich as F*** and live in ways us normal mortals cannot imagine
    - there's no cheating involved, but there was some angsty parental disapproval from ML's side
    - ML basically dedicated his entire life to taking care of MC~

there is a side couple that is HILARIOUS to watch together:
    - they meet while both of them are pretending to be poor and doing entry level jobs
    - they both start off thinking they're tops
    - MC basically knows both sides and gets to watch their idiocy (so does Pro, the AI)

- this is mentioned in early chapters (6?7?) and then explained in more detail in ch13
    - they broke up because ML was so busy working and making money for MC and their future life together that he was always late, missed dates with him, and was always on the phone
    - this was probably made worse because they were mostly in a long distance relationship because MC was studying in London and ML had decided to go to New York to work the stock market~

they get back together again in ch47
    - MC is slowly rebuilding his team, and ML has also quit his old position in an investment company and is building his own
    - ML bought an office building for both their companies, and they decide to go on a team building vacation with all their staff & their families
    - They go parachuting, MC and ML jump off together, and ML says "i love you, let's start over again"
    - ... refuses to pull open the chute until MC says "yes"

“我们重新开始吧,宝宝。”关越的低沉的声音,蓦然在耳畔响起,继而认真地说:“你还爱我,就和我一起死,好吗?”
    "Let's start over, baby." Guan Yue's deep voice suddenly sounded in his ear. Then he said earnestly, "If you still love me, then agree to die with me too, okay?"

天和:“你……”
    Tianhe: "You..."

“Aquí te amo.”

下一刻,关越漂亮地来了个展臂,带着天和飞出了机舱。
    In the next moment, Guan Yue pushed off and flew out of the cabin with Tianhe.

“啊————!”天和放声大喊。
    "Ah---------!" Tianhe shouted loudly.

出舱刹那,天和听见了关越的最后一句话。
    As soon as they left the cabin, Tianhe heard Guan Yue's next words.

关越在空中舒展手臂,天和彻底疯了,喊道:“你这个疯子!关越!”
    Guan Yue stretched his arms in the air. Tianhe was thoroughly mad and shouted, "You madman! Guan Yue! "

天和已经说不出话来了,面前现出苍绿与湛蓝相间的大地。
    Tianhe was already left speechless. The earth was spread out in green and blue in front of him.

失重的眩晕,扑面而来的狂风,背后有力的心跳,峰峦、大地飞快旋转,天和张开双手,风力之下,关越也随之张开双手,从天和的手臂后分开五指,与他舒展的两手从手背后十指交扣。
    Weightless dizziness, the rushing wind, the powerful heart beating behind him, the mountains and earth were spinning rapidly. Tianhe opened up both arms, and Guan Yue did the same against the wind, sliding his fingers against the back of Tianhe's hand as he linked their ten fingers together.

刹那间,风声大作,关越摸到了天和的手指上——跳出机舱前的那一刻,戴上了关越给他的戒指。
    Suddenly, the wind blew loudly, and Guan Yue touched the ring on Tianhe's finger - in the moment when he jumped out of the cabin, he had put on Guan Yue's ring.

“开伞!”天和已经听不见自己的喊声,喊道,“这高度该开伞了,疯子!快开伞啊啊啊——”
    "Open the parachute!" Tianhe could not hear his own voice as he shouted, "This is the height where we have to open the parachute, madman! Quickly open the chute ahhhhh---"

关越两手扣着天和的手指,根本不去碰伞包上的绳,紧接着,天和艰难抬头,关越抬起头,与天和一起看着天空。
    Guan Yue held Tianhe's fingers in both hands and never touched the rope on his parachute bag. Then Tianhe raised his head, Guan Yue raised his head, and they looked at the sky together.

大地在他们的面前越来越近,天空则是如此的温柔。
    The earth was getting closer and closer, but the sky was still as gentle as ever.

天和闭上双眼,轻轻地说:“好的。”
    Tianhe closed his eyes and said softly, "OK."

:blobReach::blobReach::blobReach:

3. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love you for this and I'm so glad I pulled you into this pit :blobsmilehappyeyes::blob_pompom:

crystalirishz, Blood A and Misogi like this.
  4. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    some extra snippets that i really enjoyed from the beginning parts of the novel:

:blobReach::blobReach: these cute suckers figure it out by ch38, when they show up to an important meeting (on opposite sides) and end up standing there popping bubble wrap to relieve stress:
    :blob_blush::blob_blush: oh~ and the part that follows after the parachute confession where they actually kiss for the first time:
    关越蓦然分开两人手指,“呼啦”一声,降落伞被拉开,天和顿时一阵失衡,抬手,从身后揽着关越的脖颈,摘下护目镜。
    Guan Yue suddenly separated their hands. With a 'Whooosh', the parachute was pulled open. Tian He suddenly lost his balance and reached up and behind him to wrap his arms around Guan Yue's neck and knocking off Guan Yue's goggles.

坠速刹那放缓,天和险些喘不出气来了。关越两手拉着控制绳,低头亲吻天和的脖颈,天和稍稍侧过头,泪水被风吹出来,打在关越的眉间,关越的目光转向天和的眉眼,继而认真、专注地亲吻了他。
    Their fall slowed down and Tianhe could no longer hold onto his anger. Guan Yue held the control rope in both hands, bowed his head and kissed Tianhe's neck. Tianhe slightly turned his head, and his tears were blown back by the wind and splattered on Guan Yue's brows. Guan Yue looked down at Tian He's forehead, and then earnestly, attentively, gave him a kiss.

唇分时,关越小声问:“刚刚你说什么来着?我感觉到你说话了。”
    When their lips parted, Guan Yue whispered, "What did you say just now? I could feel you talking."

天和:“你先告诉我,你说什么了?”
    Tianhe: "You tell me first. What did you say?"

关越注视天和的双目。
    Guan Yue's gazed met Tianhe's.

关越:“我说了这么多话,超配额了,你指哪一句?”
    Guan Yue: "I said so many words, I've already exceeded my quota. Which sentence are you referring to?"

天和:“看来你已经不记得了,那就算了。”
    Tianhe: "It seems that you don't remember. Nevermind then."

一阵风吹来,吹起天和的额发,远方瓦卡蒂普湖像一块被众神投向人间的宝石。
    A gust of wind blew sprung up and lifted up Tian He's bangs. In the distance, Lake Wakatip looked like a jewel thrown into the world by the gods.

关越:“我说,宝宝,我们重新开始吧。”
    Guan Yue: "I said, baby, let's start over again."

天和轻声答道:“然后我说,‘好的’。”
    Tianhe whispered, "And then I said, 'OK'."

湖水波光粼粼,飞鸟掠过,投向那广袤无垠的山林,阳光万丈,朗照人间。
    The lake was sparkling, and the birds flew by, throwing themselves into the vast mountains and forests. The sun was shining brightly onto the earth.

关越:“我说,你还爱我,就和我一起死。”
    Guan Yue: "I said, if you still love me, then agree to die with me, too."

天和眉毛一扬,轻轻地答道:“然后我说,好的。”
    Tian He raised its eyebrows and gently answered, "Then I said, OK."

南阿尔卑斯山在天地间耸立,盛夏阳光下,几十万年一如往昔,山永远是山,雪也永远是雪。
    The South Alps stood between heaven and earth. In the midsummer sunshine, it was the same as it had been hundreds of thousands of years ago. Mountains were always mountains, and snow was always snow.

关越:“我还说,Aquí te amo。”
    Guan Yue: "I also said, Aquí te amo."

天和低声说:“Aquí te amo,嗯,好的。”
    Tianhe whispered, "Aquí te amo, well, okay."

十分钟后。
    Ten minutes later.

“从今天起,不能再跳伞。”天和站在降落点,摘下眼镜,递给工作人员,朝关越正色道,“你已经答应过我一次了!”
    "From today on, no more parachuting." Tianhe stood at the landing point, took off his goggles, handed them to the staff, and said, "You've already promised me once before!"

关越摊手,一脸无辜,看着天和,想了想,朝他走过来。
    Guan Yue shook his hands and looked innocently at Tianhe. He thought about it, and then walked towards him.

天和稍稍退后,避开关越:“别以为我不知道你想做什么,跳伞满两百次以后,你就要玩低空跳伞,然后就要玩翼装飞行,为了杜绝你……”
    Tianhe slightly backed up and avoided Guan Yue. "Don't think I don't know what you want to do. After two hundred jumps, you'll want to try low-altitude parachute jumping, and then you'll try wing-suit flying, in order to stop you..."

关越追上来几步,到得树下,一步上前,不由分说地抱住了天和,低头吻住了他的唇。
    Guan Yue strode forward and caught up in a few steps. They were under a tree, and he stepped forward. He couldn't help but embrace Tianhe, bowing his head to kiss his lips.

天和:“!!!”
    Tianhe: "!!!"

那突如其来的吻充满了陌生感,天和恍惚已经有好久没接吻过了,被关越吻上来的时候,大脑中刹那一片空白。
    The sudden kiss was full of strangeness. Tianhe had not kissed in a long time, and when Guan Yue kissed him, his brain was completely blank.

天和紧张得心跳差点停了,就像关越第一次吻他时,满脸通红,想推开关越,关越却更用力地开始亲吻他。关越的嘴唇很软,亲吻的习惯动作和从前完全一模一样,就像从未与天和分开过。
    Tianhe was so nervous that his heart almost stopped. It was just like when Guan Yue kissed him for the first time - his face turned red, and he wanted to push Guan Yue way, but Guan Yue simply kissed him harder. Guan Yue's lips were very soft, and the way he kissed was exactly the same as before, as though they had never been separated before.

陌生感忽然消退,天和几次挣不脱,索性停下动作,闭着双眼,怔怔站着,感受关越唇舌火热的温度,那正是他所熟悉的,无数个日日夜夜,无论是清晨分开前蜻蜓点水的一吻,还是深夜里放肆而疯狂的纠缠,仿佛要将彼此的灵魂融在一处。
    The strangeness suddenly subsided. After trying and being unable to break free several times, Tianhe simply stopped moving, closed his eyes and stood there in a trance. He could feel the warmth of Guan Yue's lips and tongue, and it was exactly as he remembered, so familiar. Countless days and nights of kissing, regardless of whether it was a dragonfly peck before they left in the morning, or a prelude to a wild and crazy entanglement late at night. It seemed to melt their souls together.

天和两手放在关越肩上,关越则将搂着他的腰的右手上撩,顺着他的背脊一路抚上去,这个动作顿时唤醒了天和过往无数次的记忆,令他伸手,揽住了关越的脖颈,回应他的吻。
    Tianhe placed his hands on Guan Yue's shoulder. Guan Yue's right arm that was wrapped around his waist slid up and stroked along his back, and this action immediately brought up memories in Tianhe of the countless times they had done this in the past. It made him reach out to grab Guan Yue's neck as he responded to the kiss.

and various fanarts:
    [​IMG]
    from left to right: Guan Yue, Wen Tianhe, Prometheus (the AI that doesn't actually get a body), Tang Kai, Jiang Xijiao

[​IMG]
    MC with his code. The cat he's cuddling is something him and ML got together~ MC says it acts a lot like ML, in a daze all the time.

[​IMG]
    ML with their parrot. The parrot is also something they bought together on a trip. It flew away once, and MC was really heartbroken, but ML said that it would definitely come back because it represented their love (ch20). :aww:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  5. Kleep

Kleep Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds freakin lovely.

6. lazyredragon

lazyredragon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!!!!!!

7. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah ah ah!!! I wanna read but afraid that it would be too angsty :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
    More spoiler pls~

Heungbo likes this.
  8. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How are all these fanarts so god damn beautiful.

Aksjhxhd I WANNA READ IT

looks for more fanart in the meantime

Blood A, xiin, Heungbo and 1 other person like this.
  9. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    basically... what I remember of the whole story~ didn't put anything in spoiler tags so read at your own risk :blobowoevil_horns:

First Half of the Story
    - as he's going through everything and selling things off, an AI suddenly shows up that uses ML (Guan Yue)'s voice and calls him on his phone. ML gets freaked out and drops the phone off the balcony (into a pot of soup in a vendor's stall hahaha)~ and this is where it all starts.
    - the AI, Pro, tells him to approach ML for funding... he finally does so, and various things happen but eventually ML manages to convince his company to act as a guarantor for his company. the key reason why MC refused to go bankrupt was because:
    1- the company was what he had left of his family's legacy
    2- he needed money to keep paying for the servers abroad that hosted Pro
    - once the approval goes through, MC starts working in ML's office. they give him a corner where (conveniently) ML can see him through the window but MC's still kinda isolated by himself. He starts working on upgrading and fixing Pro's code
    - Pro can do many things. He can hack, can predict stock trends (to a 47% accuracy or something) and basically serve as an all-round AI, MC chooses to hide the fact that Pro is actually sentient, and instead works on the stock trend prediction part in order to secure his company's future
    - During this period, Pro asks a lot about MC & ML's past relationship and slowly learns about emotions and living and love~
    - you get to watch/read as MC & ML slowly get closer again, how ML treats MC differently from everyone else, and how big of a soft spot MC has for ML
    - eventually the bankruptcy/locked assets are unlocked and MC is once again in charge of his own company. at this point, ML proposes to get back together with MC at a restaurant they frequent often~ but tells MC not to rush into things
    - at the same time, MC asks ML to be his CEO since he wants to focus on coding, not on running the company and he knows he's not very good at it
    - ML had also just quit his old job at an investment company, so in his new position as CEO of MC's company and founder of his newly established one, he gets an office building for them to start up in together~
    - Key people from ML's old team join, as do some of the good people from MC's own team. The side couple and some other rich people also join in to make an all-star team for the new company. Jiang Zijiao, as a rich brat, joins as the coffee boy (richest coffee boy ever :blobpopcorn_cool:) and Tong Kai joins as the legal consultant

Shortest (ever) Summary of the Second Half
    - After they've set up their company, they learn that ML's old company will probably try and make trouble for them
    - They push them off for now, but it doesn't mean it's dealt with. ML & MC have a huge fight about moving Prometheus' servers and transferring all his data into the country where they can control it, because otherwise this is a huge weak spot that the other company can use to attack them
    - ML & MC end up having a huge fight, MC finally tells ML that Pro isn't just a program, he's an AI that he's scared to move
    - Prometheus decides that MC shouldn't rely on him so much and that it's time now that MC is back on track... and locks MC out/effectively shuts off all contact
    - (He actually goes and initiates contact with ML instead, but MC doesn't know at first and is just really sad that Pro is gone)
    - This is where ML & MC's new companies go off on their team building fun trip to New Zealand and they get back together again :bloblove:
    - They also find MC's second brother - the one who ran away and left the mess to MC - in NZ, and he gets punched in the face for all that he did
    - Things happen and they manage to deal with the other company and Pro returns.. (someone should probably provide a better summary)
    - ML & MC finally decide to announce Prometheus' existence to the world. Just before they're about to announce him, Pro & MC have a private talk, MC asks Pro to delete his hacker module... Pro complies
    - They make a presentation, and all the experts effectively perform the Turing test .. Pro passes and becomes everyone's pocket AI
    - Right after the presentation, MC goes off stage and looks for ML.. in the 'Future Exhibition', there is ML on his knee, proposing to MC with a digital ring
    // the end :blobsneeze:

(in the extras there's a scene about their actual wedding, and then ML actually forgets his memories on the wedding night and it's all fluffy shenanigans about what happens after that)
    :blobparty:

Some info about Prometheus
    - Pro's original abilities were good but some things were hilariously slow:
    - But eventually gets better after MC's tweaks, he can now crack the system in 200 years~ :blobrofl:
    - Pro was created by MC's dad and ML's uncle, but MC's oldest brother also worked on him
    - Pro was given an order that he needed to wait 'for the right time to emerge' (since society might not be ready for an AI of his level) but he was also told that he needed to come out and help MC if it was ever needed~

Mini Relationship Angst
    - ML did have to promise his parents that he would 'settle down with a girl' in order to get their support in order to prop up MC's company when it was going bankrupt.
    - BUT ML never planned to really go through with this. he meets up with the girl a few times but it appears that the girl also has someone she loves (a new friend that MC made during this time, what a coincidence...)
    - one time, he borrows their cat from MC before meeting with her and rubs cat fur all over himself just to make things difficult. and when they meet:
    :blobangel:
    - FORTUNATELY, ML's grandfather had actually known all along that MC & ML were in love. he gives them his blessing before he passes away, and the whole 'must marry a girl' thing is never mentioned again~

Lots of little author-thinks-rich-people-live-like-this tidbits scattered in the novel that are sometimes hilarious and sometimes just weird:

10. psychobee

psychobee #SilentReader#

Reading List:
    Link
    This looks so good, the pictures especially <3 <3 <3
    Thanks for spoiling us~

crystalirishz and Heungbo like this.
  11. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

12. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That says...
    "Baby"
    "Would you please marry me?"
    "Yes,(too blurry)"

Is that right?

Dragon_Reader and xiin like this.
  13. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, that blackmailing to get back together.... (°△°|||)

Poor_Hero, xiin and midnight reader like this.
  14. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Great fanart, and interesting storyline. Any spoiler about how the side-couple get together? :blobmelt:

15. totoroteddy

totoroteddy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow this story looks really good to read. anyone have a raw link

16. Ninjagal

Ninjagal Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Promise is goood. Art is yummy
    And it's related to A.I.
    I hope someone TLs it

crystalirishz likes this.
  17. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh.... continuing from above

Tian He tries to figure out a way to get funding to save Pro, who is dependant on the servers that they are renting overseas (and those will be shut down since company is winding up). Pro, who professes himself to be a Guan Yue expert, persuades Tian He to approach Guan Yue.

Tian He: Even if I die, I’m not going to beg Guan Yue

Next day, 5pm at Guan Yue’s company:

Tian He approaches the reception looking for Guan Yue LOL. But Guan Yue is apparently on replacement leave and currently at the gym. Tian He waits for a while and then bumps into Guan Yue on the way out, and follows him back to his office where they talk.

After the usual how are yous, to which Guan Yue replies that he plans on getting married soon to the Ukraine supermodel he was ignoring on chat (me: rolls eyes) but hasn’t proposed yet. Tian He said something like why not a man iirc and Guan Yue said ‘you know I like women.’ And Tian He said ‘you once said I was the only man you had feelings for. Now and forever.’ (Sorry this bit is a bit blurry in my memory now). Guan Yue asks for Tian He’s help in thinking up a plan for proposing (haha this gonna bite you in the butt soon). Also asks for help choosing a suitable ring since apparently some of Tian He’s relatives are in the jewellery business. Tian He says he can just use this one *shoves gold ring at him*, Guan Yue says he can keep it, he’ll buy a new one, it’s nothing special anyway. Tian He: Wasn’t this your grandfather’s.

Anyways... after that not at all petty and bitter jabbing at each other, Tian He actually gets around to broaching the subject about investing in his company. Guan Yue flatly refuses because there’s no way they’re going to be able to make a turnaround or repay their commitments and not at all because he’s still hurt and bitter about their breakup three(?) years ago ok

So Tian He leaves and there’s this flashback to the time right after they broke up. Guan Yue had flown back to China and get Tian He and drag him to Tibet where they were supposed to climb Everest (can’t remember if to base camp or like, actually climb Everest but latter seems unlikely). So there they are in Lhasa, where they go to visit a monastery, and this poem 十诫诗 is being recited:
    https://baike.baidu.com/item/最好不相见/10810950
    (If interested, the link has translations and it’s frickin sad, my heart :blobsob:)

And then Tian He gets really bad altitude sickness and Guan Yue is worried, saying:
    “We’ll do it next time, be good and go back first”
    “How will there be a next time? There won’t be one”
    “This is the last time”

And then Guan Yue sends of Tian He at the airport. As Tian He is going through the security check, he asks “Do you still love me?”

“A little bit. But when I think that after I die, I won’t be able to be buried in the Guan family tomb, I think rather than drag things out, let’s just end it here. We’ll both just bear with it for a while.”

AND THEN, a few months later Tian He who couldn’t hold back his curiousity anymore, checked Guan Yue’s facebook. Guan Yue had gone on to climb to base camp by himself. He posted some photos and the accompanying sentences:

我曾以为雪山几十万年如一日,总在那里,山永远是山,雪也永远是雪。但许多东西哪怕看上去从未有所改变,灵魂里早已有了天翻地覆的不同。

I used to think that for the snow mountains, ten thousand years was like a day, they’ll always be there. Mountains will always be mountains, and snow will always be snow. But for many things, even if it looks the same, the soul within has already changed. (Sorry about the butchered translation, my chinese isn’t good ok)

但曾相见便相知,相见何如不见时。安得与君相诀绝,免教生死作相思。

Albeit, ever to meet is to know! If ever is as such, better not to meet.

Alas! Howcould I part with you eternally, thus not in the gyre of endless lovesickness? (Stolen from baidu)

:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: Tian He, Guan Yue loves you okay. He still loves you.

TH and buddy JZJ go and have dinner at one of TH’s relatives’ upscale restaurants (his entire family is rich and owns many businesses. And they supposedly ‘superior’ (watch me roll my eyes) because their lineage can be traced back to ministers in ancient china and are thus an old and noble family as compared to the nouveau rich.

Pro says that it’s a good idea to come here because GY’s probability of showing up here is only 0.7%.....

.... and then GY shows up with the Ukrainian supermodel. They’re discussing business (but lady is into him)

TH who spots them, and is absolutely not jealous decides that now is a GREAT TIME to help out with GY’s proposal to the lady (kinda serves you right GY) and takes off the gold ring, hiding it in the dish that is about to be served to the two of them (head waiter is also enlisted in the plot). Then he shines a spotlight on the table, and gets ZJZ and the assistant chef together to play Marriage of Figaro and generally cause a big ruckus (all the guests are cheering “marry him”, lady has stood up and is waiting expectantly for him to kneel and propose, and GY is super embarassed). Pro takes pity on GY and causes a blackout, during which GY disappears.

Afterwards, TH walks home in the rain and is intercepted by GY who holds up an umbrella for him.
    GY sends him home, but it’s to his villa that TH has moved out of and has to reverse out and take him to his new place.

GY still remembers the way even though it’s been a long time since they’ve lived in that neighbourhood. TH says thank you and gets off.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  18. shir00

shir00 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know if there are sex scenes in this novel? like explicit ones

crystalirishz likes this.
  19. Lady Zette

Lady Zette New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has a manhua already!