more and more I wish I did not live in reality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Liea, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Liea

Liea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okey, this is how it is.
    I have watch alot, and I mean ALOT:sweating_profusely: of videos that has fokus about the logical aspect of our reason for love and how the man and woman are complementing each other in a cold hearted way. That has made me lose hope for true love and it has come to the point I get sad when reading novels because it feels more and more like pure fantasy.:blob_teary:
    So I am asking you people to please restore at least some of my hope so I can read again without feeling sad!:blobhero:

bbctheory84 likes this.
  2. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome to adulthood

Jojo775 and GDLiZy like this.
  3. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Love can be logical at times. It can also be illogical. It sometimes happens for no reason but then again you can also artificially induce the feeling.
    Love doesn't make a relationship work. Relationships are much more complicated and usually doesn't work out like in the novels.

4. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Men and women get together due to a biological instinct to mate and pass on our genes. As well as the pleasure of sex.

People tend to forget that Humans are animals just like any other albeit far more intelligient.

5. Liea

Liea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good damnit this was not what I was asking for!:blob_teary:

Yeah I know but I just need something to make me stop feeling so sad as fast as I am reading a novel.:blobcry:

6. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    well it is a fantasy if you read it in novel

7. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you been in love? Your answer borders on scientific analysis of human *mating*..lol How about finding a soulmate to satisfy your other desires? Someone to laugh with..share..the good..the bad..your life..Humans because we are intelligent crave so much more than just sex and procreation( personally Im not in a hurry to procreate) haha..
    I do believe in true love but I haven't found it yet..I almost thought I had it..but fate said no..:(

otaku31, Meloman, Sasha and 2 others like this.
  8. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember life is stranger than fiction kids. *It isn't

9. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fiction reflects reality. Well, not always but what u call "fantasy romance" does hv some basis IRL. So, it's not like u can't find true love in life; just that it may not be as easy/timely a process as depicted in novels. :blob_patpat:

Meloman and Liea like this.
  10. LordRikudo

LordRikudo 【Master of YEET】

Reading List:
    Link
    A good person is for another good person. You have to reach the minimum level to unlock the 'true love' character. So, just keep making yourself better. One day, you'll unlock your 'true love'.

otaku31 and Meloman like this.
  11. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Love in reality is quite a bit more complicated than love in fiction. Plus in reality you don't get plot armor.

Emmyy likes this.
  12. Liea

Liea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am just happy if I get to know it exist.:blobmelt:

LordRikudo likes this.
  13. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Love doesn't sometimes come naturally, you can artificially make one as well. We stat in a world where life isn't all about sunshine and rainbows. At least y'all have far more advantage than me in the living terms. I don't have even time to search for love and make my dream a reality as I'm facing off the problems of potential Debt and political war that might end my life here.

Though not everything can be easy, you can still find something meaningful in life if you continue to search for it by yourself and not others. There was once a guy who had nothing to lose and I brought him to a beautiful mountain which he met and got married to a girl he met there.

Look, life isn't easy but doesn't make it any harder than before. Just try to enjoy the little things and maybe that little thing would be the sole reason for living.

14. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't think about it that much when you only have 3 mth. to live or die sooner. :blob_coffee:

15. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling I’ve met my soulmate once. It was on a morning rush hour train journey to another town from where I live.

I wasn’t in a time in my life when I was looking for love/relationship at that time.
    It was really random. I just glanced at this guy with a blue tie and it was like a “coup de foudre” as French call it, like love at first sight.

The funny thing is he actually smiled at me too.
    And once the train doors opened we went our separate ways.

Not even exchanging a word.
    I know when this is read from a third person’s POV one can say “hey it’s jusy a smile” etc, but I swear I’ve never felt like that about anyone before, not the hottest tv actor, not my ex, not my childhood crushes.

It was a short and random meeting but I knew that he was special. Even if we never met again.

So cheer up, soulmates do exist.

otaku31 and Liea like this.
  16. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try watching the movie The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. You'll get an idea why some people still believe in true love.

17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    The answer is simple, were are no longer among the living. What you're experiencing is the purgatory you must suffer before moving on to the next realm of existence. All those that are in control are there to make your time here as miserable as possible without breaking your soul.

Or you could just be having a bad day/week/month/year. Hope it gets better for ya.

18. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    True love exists but you have to be super sure that's what you want and then find someone that wants the same too. Love is about acceptance and reciprocating feelings.....and because feelings can be ephemeral, you have to work sometimes to keep the growing. It's not just something that appears and stays, it's something you grow and feed....like a plant or a pet. Or let go and find another love.....or have a few consenting adults that love eachother.... *lols* I'm digressing....but it's all true. \o/

IvyParker and otaku31 like this.
  19. IvyParker

IvyParker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 3 laws of attraction and only one rule of love.

1. Biological instinct... Aka love at first site. A scent in the air, their appearance, their demeanor, all of it flips a switch in your body that longs for that stranger as a mate. Many solid and beautiful relationships begin this way, but so do disasters. It is found in our monkey brain, which switches on lust but often blinds us to faults. It often doesn't endure, but it is the spark that gets a more permanent fire to burn.
    2. Complementary attraction, aka opposites attract. They are strong or weak in ways that are opposite to you, and you thereby form a team or codependency. Examples can be found in couples with a domineering partner and a doormat partner. Or a short person and tall person getting together... Even a spender and a saver pairing up to trade carefree vibes with responsibility.
    3. Recognition attraction, aka nurture patterns. Does your SO remind you of your parents, the ideal caregiver, or even yourself? We are raised to associate certain actions, appearances, or patterns as love, which is why kids from abusive homes often marry abusive spouses. They recognize and respond to the pattern.

All of these attractions have a bright and dark side. Even all together, they can be the appearance of love, but lack the sustaining power. But if you feel attraction, you are on the way to love.

The one rule of love is this: Love is a cyclical series of actions. That means love is an effort to appreciate and reciprocate affection, respect, friendship, and all the other building blocks of an enduring relationship. It has to cycle between you both, it has to be put into action, not just words. Love will die if it isn't fed, watered, or allowed to grow. Attraction is automatic, but love takes effort to maintain and foster.

Do I believe in true love? Yes, but it only exists for those extraordinary people who build deeper bonds through unstinting and unselfish reciprocation. If you are that kind of person, you will find love and be loved.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  20. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    I have been in love but it was onesided. She had too much going on and decided to keep me at an emotional distance no matter what I tried.

Relationship lasted for 2 years.