Spoiler I am a chef in the modern era

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by cray0909, Apr 21, 2019.

1. cray0909

cray0909 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m still reading this and currently have it on hold, but what would you like to know?

3. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is the ML? How do they meet? etc.

4. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooo finally a spoiler for this. :aww: *camps* :cookie:
    What happens to old man Yang’s unreliable son and daughter-in-law?

mmem and xiin like this.
  5. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML is Shen Fu. You can read where they met in the already translated chapter 8.
    The son ends up divorcing his wife after his son (the grandson) went into debt from constantly gambling and "borrowing" money from his "friend" (basically the friend tricked him into debt). So he sold away all he could in order to help pay off the debt then basically cut ties with them but couldn't bring himself to face his father after everything that happened (they tried to convince him that his dad (grandfather) was making a profit at the restaurant and should pay the debt off for the grandson instead of letting his illegitimate child (they assume that's MC's real identity when it's not) gets everything the grandfather was originally suppose to give to them, then later they told this to the debt collector in order for them to take the grandfather instead of the grandson).

The daughter-in-law basically goes crazy after her son ran away when they couldn't pay off his debts (the debt collectors wanted to sell his organs) and was basically overworking herself and selling all her things in order to save him, but in the end, the son gets arrested for illegally gambling.

alexfilia, Shunraiki, mmem and 10 others like this.
  6. Amble Dream

Amble Dream A Dream that Lost Its Identity

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything went down a smooth hill from the family incident

Btw, mtl is readable for this one

7. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Intressting. I just started reading this. I first thought the grandson was the ml.

8. Lisstr

Lisstr Fujoshi ☆ Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats the MLs background?

9. kieshi

kieshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's MC's modern time background? He is transmigrated into future, right? Is he really an orphan?

10. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is 2nd son of a very wealthy family, he kinda ran away after confessing that he's gay (his family first opposed but later easily agree after ML's grandpa met MC) the funny thing is that awkward relationship between grandpa and ML, after ML refused to go home and marry a woman grandpa thought a lot and finally agree to allow ML marry MC (though at that time MC wasnt aware that ML likes him, ML only said to his fam that he has someone he likes), and later grandpa called ML "go home and marry (MC)", ML thought grandpa still wants to make him marry a woman, such misunderstanding tho lol... ML is stubborn so grandpa has to personally visit him haha (cmiiw i kinda forgot, read this a long time ago). Not much drama with ML's fam, later ML's bro married a man too hahaha
    But until now i still dont understand why he got beaten up in the first place, mtl sucks

MC's modern time bg is an orphan, i guess parents died long ago so he's alone, not much described in the book. And yes, from ancient time to future modern time

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    alexfilia, mmem, Ease and 9 others like this.
  11. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang, I had hoped for him to have some uber secret background or something or at least have the family he never had. :blobsad:

12. cray0909

Reading List:
    Link
    My blood pressure is currently on the rise due to the daughter-in-law and the son. Lol.
    what happens to old man Yang? From the latest chapter, he was in so much pain and fainted. Will he be okay? Will the son finally know that his wife has been ignoring his father's calls? Argh. That son is really unreliable and the wife, makes me want to strangle her. haha.

Thank you for the spoilers! I had been searching and waiting for some spoilers, but I couldn't anymore yesterday so I decided to finally make a thread.

TomiNdumplings likes this.
  13. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what exactly happened to mc past life
    Did his bame get cleared up

14. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tsukkin iirc, this is from mtl, but it was because ML confessed he was gay that he was beaten... it wasn’t really a big issue to the family but it was so sudden that ML’s grandpa got shocked and reacted prematurely of beating him up. But since grandpa really loves and dotes on ML the most, he regretted it immediately but due to being being stubborn, misunderstanding happened.

@cray0909 yang grandpa will be fine... the scum grandson and daughter-in-law was really irritating even in mtl... if my understanding is right, the phone call issue was never discovered, this was just the catalyst that made Yang grandpa changed his mind to stop indulging on his scum grandson. And just like Tsukkin said, it would be at the end of that debt issue that the son will finally be fed up with his wife.

@morticia_addams there was only snippets of mc’s past life from his reminiscing, so there were nothing about what happened after his execution

ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ" hope this helps...

alexfilia, mmem, Ease and 6 others like this.
  15. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was under the impression that the ML had ties to the underworld because of how he was good at cutting stuff *cough*people*cough* up XD and how his aura is kinda scary when he gets pissed. The standard rich kid background is a little... disappointing :ROFLMAO:

Do they later explain why he’s good with knives? Some sort of hobby or profession?

16. mesoara

mesoara Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he was like a policeman or and undercover who got beaten up. :facepalm:

17. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    True...it's very questionable tho lol~
    At first i thought he was some underworld boss or something

mmem, Sansama and xiin like this.
  18. cray0909

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers! I read the latest translation today and Grandpa is fine. :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:
    With all the secrecy and the foreshadowing, I really thought ML is some kind of underground boss.lol.

mmem likes this.
  19. saltearth

saltearth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will LSY (MC) will find someone or the descendants of someone he had known in his past life eg. Song Yan's descendants? or disciples of his past Master?

20. azinine

azinine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow! I finally found this. I first thought it was weird that there was no spoiler thread for this novel when EXR already have 20+ chapters going. :aww::aww::aww:

Thank u for the spoilers! Can anyone spoil other details like aside from Granpa Yang's family drama and ML's coming out any other plots within the story? Like MC becoming super internet famous? The restaurant expanding and we finally see MC serving some of the dishes he have learned from his previous life?

I've always thought MC came from a whole different world than the modern era by the way he explained Da Ya (if i remember his country/kingdom correctly). :blobsmilehappyeyes::cookie:

Update: So I just read a comment in one of the threads that they adopted 2 kids. :blobicecreamlove: Looks like this is really more of a family-oriented novel. :cookie:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019