Recommendations Anime like king's avatar

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Fairlady1996, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished watched king's avatar and i f*cking love it so much!!! I had watch sword art online but this is the best game anime i ever watched..

Recommend me anime with the
    • Protagonist like king's avatar : mature and cool , not a teenager like in sword art online
    • Gaming game like king's avatar : very powerful and hidden his power at first
    • Must had many action and fight battle!!!
    I cant wait for king's avatar season 2,,, so while im free, give me good anime,,

2. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    close anime I can think of is Log Horizon and Overlord besides those none comes to mind

3. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Some say log horizon is more about the strategizing and planning and not many battle like in sao and king's avatar,,, so i been hesitating for awhile

4. vinerkz

vinerkz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure about your 2nd requirement there about the gaming game part. If you are looking for gaming as in esports competetive genre, the kings avatar was the first animation the doesn't focus only about the life inside the mmorpg or fantasy but covers the players within the esports setting. But if you are looking for just the gaming elements with pvp and pve, you could try Log Horizon. MC is not a teenage boy, he is a strategist like lord grim but not the kind who goes on the frontlines. Kinda like SAO for having lived inside the game unlike TKA with esports setting but have plenty fight scenes.

5. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hand shakers, it will also leave you dizzy after watching it.

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  6. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Accel World (Ranking Battle) normal esport VR Game without "Log Out Remover"

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  7. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Then i will watch it,, oh, the game part was like mmorpg where there a person control the avatar but there really a few anime that deserve the best so maybe will watch log horizon for this time :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

8. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    I never heard the anime though,, will search it

9. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard it a few time,, i though it some anime with abilities from the cover picture,, so that is a game genre, will check it out

10. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    Danmachi - Amazing Anime with Fantasy/Dungeons and an amazing fight :D

Classroom of the Elite - My favourite School Anime with an really "mature/badass" Lead, the ending gave me goosebumps and it was even my first LN I started because of the Ending and btw. Its Psychological

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  11. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only animes that remotely fit your requirement are Log Horizon and Overlord.... I think. Though apart fron that, unfortunately I don't think TKA's getting a second season, but I might be wrong too we shall see..! By the way you sounds like you hadn't watched the spin-off yet?

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  12. readerread

readerread Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also suggest log horizon and overlord

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  13. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Be aware that Danmachi has a lot of big b@@b legal loli jokes, and the MC of Classroom MAY be a psychopath.

But yep, both are good. Especially if you like your MC to break tropes...

Well, Bell is really the naive dudley doright...but Hestia is...nutters, and fun.:p

Fairlady1996 and Sayne like this.
  14. vinerkz

vinerkz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    since others also recommend animes that doesn't satisfy all the requirements, i might as well add No Game No Life and The God of High School. NGNL is also close to Log Horizon for having a schemer and not teen age MC. Every arc of the story is satisfying as if every 3 episode of it was enough to be 1 season in terms of content, unlike other anime there isn't much filler on it. The downside not having much battle scenes that you like. On the other hand we have TGoHS that has overwhelming number of fights since it was a tournament based fighting before it covers the story of everyone. Battles were fully detailed and much more advance than The Kings Avatar, it also has game elements but not really a game, sadly it doesn't have an animation and i haven't heard of any korean animation that goes as a series. Good thing is that the manga is on full color(webtoon), reading it is almost like watching an anime and you would definitely appreciate the battle more since you could look into the tiniest detail during battle. MC is teenage since they are still in their high school but they look more like young adults, but age wise the MC was not really a teenager boy, you will figure it out if you read it.

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  15. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How is this Overlord even appeared here?

16. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    Done that too
    Of course i watch that!! So good! The second season will aired on jul 2019!! And had 24 episode ..much more satisfying to watch,and i bet with so much battle

17. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    I see the cover picture only and woah, danmachi seemed like got a lot of ecchi mean her boob are much bigger than average girl,even i am jealous of it :blob_grin::blob_grin: ,,,is this anime full of boobies :facepalm:, i dont like too much ecchi

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  18. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    No game no life is about a sibling right ,one girl and boy and i must asked this one,,it not a stupid incest right?? ,
    Mahouka koukou no rettousei is a very good and full of battle anime however the incest so much a big turn off, and i've been avoided the sibling anime protagonist,,
    TkoH so much episode :blobfearful::blobfearful:, will try watch one episode

19. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First time hearing that, but good news nonetheless. For me though I'm waiting for Arifureta also in July 2019.

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  20. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    And i i dropped log horizon after 1 episode, not my cup of tea,, the mc was more to planning and strategizing,,he like to analyze and they all about grouping ,, looked like i just have to focus on one punch man season 2 :blob_coffee:, no much good anime lately