more and more I wish I did not live in reality

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Liea, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no true love. Get over such phantasies.

2. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes this happens to me as well, i read a lot so i encounter a lot of fictional worlds that seem perfect to me and they leave discontented and kinda sad that my own life is nowhere near as great. maybe stop reading for a while (crazy i know, i have a hard time stopping myself from reading) and enjoy what's good in your own life.

as for true love, it's up to your own interpretation, i believe that one day you will find someone that you will love and will love you equally. a love as perfect as the ones in the books may not be possible, but you might find a love that is perfect for you.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason they were complimenting each other in a cold hearted way is likely because they are more "battle hardened" when it comes to "romance", so instead of showing their interest like normal people they feel the need to express it in less obvious ways. Both of them are basically self-conscious/guarded. Though the same can happen for young people too. It is simply more common in the older ones.

I know, it's impressive that I am so knowledgable about these matters. Call me the love god.

And true love? You'll find that a lot if you're hot or have a "great personality". To me, it's just chemistry. You either got it or you don't.

4. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe there is maybe there is not. For me, Love is like any other emotions. They are psychological and chemical. I'm a bit of a cynical and I only believe in true benefit, not true love.

5. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds interesting, what is true benefit?

6. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a simple layman term that I conjured up to fit the theme. The main idea is that people get together to survive, for benefit. You become intimate with others because your brain knew that it's good for you. Friends who could not help others but instead keep asking for help, would, in the end, became distanced for others.

The prerequisite to becoming intimate is to have things in common, benefits or other relatable things. Relatable mean we knew each other, can cover each other's weakness and has something to share with. Most of all, relatable tend to help each other because of their relatability.

7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    The story from TKA remind about reality. They play games for living, many parents didn't like their child to become pro player even if that profession bring so much money and fame. The struggle in this pro competition is like any onther sport, it's like slice of life version of it, there's money involved, a lot of scheming and dramas. Some of those pro gamers ready to discard their future, money, reputation just for one goal, to be The Champion:blobhero:

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry, according to scientists, we are not living in reality. Does that cheer you up?

9. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end true love will always triumph over logic despite the latter will do its cruel job

10. Lukha

Lukha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I am a personal fan of romance novels in which the protagonists are extremely loyal to one another. However, in the real world, this may be a bit more complicated. This doesn't mean it isn't doable; it totally is! It just means that it takes a lot more work to stay loyal to someone and find that while the love that exists in the fantastical world of novels and fiction is not entirely untrue. We just gloss over the fact that it takes hard work and goes to the lovey-dovey parts (unless it's like a super realistic romance novel that focuses solely on the romance).

But like, basically what I'm trying to say is that love is what you make of it. Write your own romance story! Or like, I mean, the romance story of your life. :blob_coffee: