Discussion Womanizing Mage: rambling, how I almost ruined it for myself and what I like about the novel

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Braxx, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is just me rambling about the novel. It wont have any structure, so its going to be all over the place.

So like a few days ago I started reading Womanizing Mage. In my opinion, its very good and I love it.
    I was reading a few chapters a day. Every day I was looking forward to reading more of it.

I was rly into it, savouring every chapter. I could picture everything: how characters looked, places, battles etc ...Untill yesterday.
    I got overhyped with it. So I read without stoping. From around chapter 50-60 to chapter 151 in a day.
    Huge, HUGE mistake. I had to force myself to stop reading it. I almost ruined it for myself, because I could no longer picture stuff in the novel. I could not picture how characters looked, how places looked, fights etc .... I was not savouring the chapters. It was like, I was just reading between the lines. Very strange.

I was just too hyped to see what happen next. And there came a point in the novel where some of the harem members had to separate for some time. One harem member was sick and would spent 2 years in an Ice palace, another harem member leave to see her dying master, another staying behind, another going with her mother to ease her burden because of their clan..... even at the point I was chapter 151 the princess that was raped by the MC in chapter 1 had finally opened up to him and was no longer cold towards him. She was falling for him and then suddenly she has to go away for 3 months to train ..... WTF ?????????/

So all this made me rush forward and read more and more.
    So I decided to stop reading the novel for a few days and reading either from the start or around when they get out of Lost City(thats like around chapter 60-70 ? cant remember). Up to the lost city arc, I remember everything vividly but then everything becomes like a puzzle, where i dont have all the pieces for it.
    I could picture a harem member's body but no her face, how she looks like. Or the other way around, I could picture how she looks like but not her body. Some fights I could not picture the move or anything. Sometime I couldnt picture places properly etc ...
    So im just going to restart it and savour every chapter.

But man , I rly love the novel. At the start the MC is too fking perverted but as the novel goes on her becomes less perverted but more smooth.... and a bit shameless.

True that some harem members fall for him out of nowhere for no reason but the romance after that is very good. And sometime a woman wont fall for him so easily and would give him a hard time, which caught me off guard a few times.

I rly like how things turn out with the princess the MC raped in chapter 2. She just went crazy when she met him later, trying to kill him and when she realized tha she could not kill him she tryed to kill herself and with a OP spell. And that failed too. She wanted to marry him then, which was very strange, cuz she knew he had other women too. MC is very str8foward and tells the women all the time that he has more wives. But later in the academy she was cold to him, but slowly was warming up to him. And finally at chapter 150/151 she fell for him. She was acting spoiled and bashful and was having that panic red face cuz she knew they would have sex. Because in previous chapters she was she was ready for him to fk her but had a lifeless look and such , so the MC did nothing. And now she has to go away for 3 months to train.....

I rly hate these seraprations man. When the MC and a harem meber get together the romance is amazing. Simple sweet and harmonious. And then suddenly they have to go away for some time ....
    Chapter 97 was gut wrenching to read. Youyou (best girl) had to go because her master was dying. So even tho the MC and Youyou had sex and sweet talking each other before she left, it was painful to read. This chapter even made me read faster ahead.

Other than those separations, the novel in my opinion is amazing.
    I wont bungie through chapters like this ever again tho, huge mistake. One that I wont repeat

Sabruness likes this.
  2. AnonymousX

AnonymousX [Deleted]

Reading List:
    Link
    While there are seperations in this novel, I still count this novel as one where the MC has some (if not most) of his women alongside him through most part of the story, especially compared to some novels where they seperate for like majority of the novels. Also, while they seperate, they also get back together pretty soon which is also a plus.

Overall, I got to say that this one of my favourite novels and am really hoping the ending is alteast half-decent.

Sabruness and Braxx like this.
  3. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this is my first novel. I found this site a few days ago and have been lurking and reading many threads and it seems that many novels have a disgusting amount of long separations xD

Womanizing Mage feels so fast tho. Its like an arc is 10-15 chapters long. I kinda like how fast pased it is but I sometimes hate it too.
    But I have to reread it tho. Im just asking myself, do i read it from the start ? or from Lost City arc ?
    But I will probably read it from the start and take my time.

4. AnonymousX

AnonymousX [Deleted]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say read it from the start. Since it is fast paced as you said it goes through quickly, haha. Plus I find that when I first read it I seemed to have skimmed over a few minor details, so that should help too.

If you want I can look through my list and suggest a few without too long seperations (though there won't be many and you might've read them already)

Sabruness and Braxx like this.
  5. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks. What can you recommend. I have been searching for a harem novel with no long separations on the side. And the only one I found was Very Pure and Ambiguous: The Prequel. From the threads here, they all seem to share that opinion.
    The other novel that im looking into that is a harem with no long separations is Online Game: Evil Dragon Against the Heavan .
    Thats about all I could find.

6. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Grasping Evil — I won't say it has no separations, but they're not too contrived at least, and the novel was so entertaining I didn't notice them.

PS: I read it on lnmtl because I'm too impatient to wait for translations and it was a great binge read

Braxx likes this.
  7. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow sounds nice. But lnmtl is not possible for me. I just checked it and I cant read it at all. Cant make out whats happening or whats being said and to whom its being said.
    It seems to have 166 chapters but they all have part 1 and 2 ... does that mean it has 332 chapters translated out of 1243(ongoing) chapters ?
    I will keep an eye out for it. Thanks

8. AnonymousX

AnonymousX [Deleted]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the ones I could think of are;

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou (WN) - Once they join they are with him most of the time
    Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World - Once joined, they are always with him
    I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World - You can give it a try too, he's away from his women, but because of the premises it doesn't fell like too long seperation since he often switches planes.

Also, Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World but I've only read a bit of it and there are 1000x of chapters to the translated but got told most of his women are within his dimension.

Braxx likes this.
  9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR what i like, sexy times.

10. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a weird choice of novel to put all that enthusiasm too, but hey, I've read worse things. Just enjoy the feeling of exploration as you get to know more and more novels, all different kinds of worlds. And then when you get tired of them, for me it took 3 years, you can try exploring the world of manga or other types of media too.

Braxx likes this.
  11. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I remembered my first time reading novels around 11 years back by reading your post. Hopefully you'll find better novels than the one you are reading right now but I know for a fact that the first novels become one of a kind even if they are bad according to others. Have fun exploring thousands of novels here.

Braxx likes this.
  12. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as Womanizing Mage is my first novel, I doubt i will ever admit that another novel is better even if thats the case.

kuu0haku likes this.
  13. All mighty Asian

All mighty Asian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All hail harem

Braxx likes this.