Ecchi & Harem is getting old...

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by TigerCub, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Hetalica

Hetalica Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know how your feeling is. Back then I enjoyed the fanservices a lot and hunted anime with ecchi harem tags on it. It is changed now when you get older and just want something other than that.... For me, the story and the characters development are the things that I look right now.

And really... story about adventuring in other worlds is the selling point for the younger fans so can't blame them entirely though. ...

uziex91, Ziavory and Femme Fatale like this.
  2. NiQuinn

NiQuinn 『Optimistic Pragmatist』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, not my thing. Haven't watched harem in a long, long time. Even reverse harem irks me. I just avoid it altogether. Which is why, when I start an anime and find out it's harem but wasn't tagged as such, I just get so damn pissed.

Ziavory likes this.
  3. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried re reading negima, the ecchi festival of when i was younger and weird enough i read it more for the plot and less because the echhi . Wich is the opposite of when i was younger.

So maybe we have 3 stages according with age:

1. Children and teen: love echhi
    2. Young adult: echhi is not a priority plot is
    3. Adult: plot for all. Less or none echhi.
    Do you think this theory works?

uziex91 likes this.
  4. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    Fanservices from harem+ecchi+similiar shits already placed into bonus category in my book, so it doesn't bother me that much.
    But hey, there are still Shoujo mangas for me to back to.

Solracmar likes this.
  5. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because FL is flat:cookie:

SnowTime, Femme Fatale and Kiari like this.
  6. uziex91

uziex91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we should check whether they has "shounen" tag or smthing similar first, and then confirm our current age. Maybe we're just too old for those crap :blobjoy::blobneutral::sweating_profusely:

We should just find something with more mature contents, and left those ecchi-harem things for the younger generation. So that they could grow into men of culture as well

otaku31 and Solracmar like this.
  7. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think I’ve ever liked the ‘fanservice’ in mangas or anime. It just annoys me, is it a hentai or not? Make up your damn mind Japan...
    Harem is just as annoying but that’s generally because of how it’s done. Every couple of years there’ll be a story with a decent harem.

mir, otaku31 and Femme Fatale like this.
  8. koddychi

koddychi [RPG slayer] [Great Sage] [Dao of Cuteness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Two things that don't lead to our desired outcome of having more plot and less ecchi/harem:
    1. The products are centered around Japanese market, unless said market totally gets bored of this content (which is fairly difficult considering how small they are to notice the big picture (the rest of the world)) there won't be any changes;
    2. Even if said market gets bored of said content, the authors themselves must know when to stop, i mean it's been what? 10+ years since the rise of the gender? How can they not want something fresh? Look at all these cultivation / different isekai plots that are way more interesting than mere Nya~~

9. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont have a problem with Harem+ecchi but these days, i seek the rare higher class of harem+ecchi that doesnt include beta MCs that blush at the sight of a girl and crazy beaches who want to seduce said beta MC but flip out when it actually works a little.
    There's room for sexuality and lewdness but series need to own it if they want to get above the generic wishy-washy trash.

People knock on DxD but it's deeper than it looks once the story progresses.

koddychi and uziex91 like this.
  10. uziex91

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah.....quality harem+ecchi huh, those are quite rare afterall:blobsad: And those beta mc are indeed quite annoying most of the time. I mean....they don't have to be an alpha predator who'll gobble up all the girls or anything but, at least someone that's not a total wuss. If they were in H*ntai world, they would've become ntr victims already:blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

On that note, did anyone here has recommendations for Quality hent.....I mean harem+ecchi novels, manga, or anime?

11. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Hentai? cant help you.
    Quality harem+ecchi? Well, Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou is, in my opinion, one of the best harem+ecchi novels out there. It's also completely TL'd.
    Masou Gakuen HxH is also good and heavy on the ecchi, literally dancing on the hentai borderline in later volumes. also completely TL'd. Has an anime.
    Kujibiki Tokushou: Musou Hāremu ken is pretty good. the women arent just sex toys or doormats and all get good development.

edit: my mistake. HxH has the anime, not Magika. my derp is labeling the wrong one

That's all i can come up with off the top of my head. when i find more, i'll post them

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    uziex91 likes this.
  12. uziex91

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, the h*ntai part was a joke....or was it? :blobowoevil::blobpeek:
    Btw thanks, I'll check them.

Oh... Kujibiki Tokushou huh, I forgot about it. I left it when the Tl's slowed down back then. Time to read it again.

Sabruness likes this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww you grew up.
    You are not the target audience.
    Stop complaining.
    Besides the target audience is pedophiles anyway, they won't ever get tired of it

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Femme Fatale likes this.