Spoiler Strong Offence and Defence【强势攻防】BL

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Zryuu, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=2559072
    Author: 焦糖冬瓜 same author as Thrive in Catastrophe and Laws of the Other World

Synopsis:

This is actually the story of a teenager who, after the devastating and spartan-like training of his crazy cool/Gong teammate, turned into a super amazing point guard that could blow up the skies even though he may seem low-key on the surface.

Also, Nie Chuan is Rees' first love.

Nie Chuan: I've decided to promote you to becoming my best friend!
    Rees: If I can be your best friend, it just means that you have no friends.
    Nie CHuan: Hey! How could you say that! Do you know what it means to be my best friend?!
    Rees: I'm sleeping.
    Nie Chuan: It means that when I get married, my bride may not necessarily be her, but my groomsman must be...
    Rees: The groom must be me.
    Nie Chuan: What-- you want to snatch my bride away?! You're too inhumane!
    Rees: Sleep.

[​IMG]

2. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I finally jumped into a reading pit during my break from translating lol and it’s so hard to get out of it now. If you love sports mangas etc. as much I do, you’re gonna love this novel. Sports x BL!??? My life is complete.

This novel starts off with Carlo and Rees(ML) from the UDK (their university) basketball team chancing upon a mini match between MC and some…other…cannon fodder dude. Carlo was really impressed with MC’s talent and was praising him like crazy to ML, so ML went over to sorta test MC. During MC x ML’s face off, ML noticed a faded mark on MC’s wrist or something that indicated he was from the same uni, so Carlo was insistent on getting MC to join their team. Their old point guard, Connor, had just left, so they were looking for a new point guard to replace him. Uggghhh Connor is such a freaking saint. He had to leave because he got cancer, but he told his teammates that he left because he didn’t want to play basketball anymore (only ML knows the truth). In his words, he said that if his teammates knew he left because he had cancer, then they would always have a place for him in their hearts and would be unwilling to replace him with another point guard, which would be detrimental for the team. His quotes are so freaking inspirational too eg.:

"After you pass through door after door, you’ll feel like you’ve been set on fire: from your toes to your nails, from your nails to your scalp — everything will feel like it’s boiling. Nothing can bind you, and nothing can suppress you, and that’s when you’ll be presented with an infinite number of possibilities."

When he was talking to MC about being a point guard:
    "A basketball match is just like a story — it has a starting point, climax and a conclusion, and we’re the ones writing the story."

The UDK team:
    Rees (ML) - Center; the cold, detached, aloof big bro who's also MC's personal spartan coach
    Nie Chuan (MC) - Point Guard (for now, their coach is interested in grooming him into becoming a swingman); the very determined baby of the team
    Ewing - highest 3 pointer accuracy; MC's cute buddy in the team
    Carlo - the one under the basket....who catches rebounds or something I'm not sure; the cheerful, easygoing and flirtatious playboy
    Montenegro (Blake Stanley, but they all call him Black Mountain/Montenegro) - the one with Carlo under the basket; the mature, quiet and sensible daddy of the team

I love the dynamic between MC x ML lol. MC was really afraid of ML at first while ML was the only one who would be hard on him in the team (everyone else babies him), which MC appreciates (he doesn't wanna be babied lmao...). ML is secretly in love with MC (like quite early on, but idk why yet) and the way he treats him is so.......sweet, but he doesn't completely indulge MC either. ML is really good with the carrot and stick method when it comes to training MC. He keeps bribing MC with chocolates that I can't even......MC ARE YOU A DOG???? During their first morning run ML literally used a box of chocs to tempt MC to keep running by shaking the box at him whenever MC slowed down.

And they had this one convo that killed me:

MC’s like “omg what if u get kidnapped and the kidnapper asks me for money”
    ML: what would u do?
    MC: hang up
    ML: ...
    MC: it’s probably a swindler anyway!!!
    ML: what if it was real
    MC: ....I’ll give it to him if he asks for $2000. Any more and I’m out
    ML: $2000 is everything u have?
    MC: no I only get $200 a month
    ML: then how are you gonna get $2000?
    MC: I’ll go get a part time job
    ML: ... I’ll ask the kidnappers not to call you
    MC: oh thank you!!

And there's so so so so SOOOO MUCH sexual tension between MC x ML I threw my phone away a few times. There was a shower scene where MC asked ML to send some flowers that MC bought to the girl that MC likes (yes, MC is straight, and the girl MC has a crush on likes ML) and asked ML to not be too 'sharp' with his words when he talks to her..... then ML just burst into MC's shower stall all pissed and was like "When have I ever spoken sharply to you" and MC freaks out cause he's naked and goes all "OMG CAN WE TALK ABOUT THIS WHEN WE'RE OUTSIDE". But of course, ML kabedons him and forces him to answer ahahahHAHHHA

And another scene where MC was complaining to ML about Carlo and got teased in the end:
    “He said that if I win, he’ll give me a dozen condoms.”

Nie Chuan thought in his heart, once Rees knows about this, he would teach that Carlo a good lesson ba.

“Oh, but even if he did give them to you, would you know how to use them?”

“How could I not know how to use them?!”

Isn’t he being too big of a bully?

Nie Chuan raised his head and glared at Rees. It was only when he saw the sunken corners of Rees’ lips that he knew he had been played with again.

“If you lose again.........” Rees turned sideways and leaned into Nie Chuan’s ear, “I’ll personally send you a dozen condoms, then teach you how to use them with both my hands.”

--
    Aside from all these, the basketball action scenes in this novel are really intense too. But for someone who knows zilch about basketball, I had to do a lot of googling to understand all the technical terms in the novel lol but WORTH IT.

Cute x Comedic x cool and aloof ML who's secretly in love with a cute newbie MC x intense action scenes

3. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Avrohom likes this.
  4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Coming right up!
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @324722

5. Gossymer

Gossymer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zhen_Qing, requesting to be added to the danmei band, i mean tag wagon, pretty please :3

Hanaru likes this.
  6. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, welcome to the sect~!

Gossymer likes this.
  7. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, this seems intresinter~~

Will wait for someone to TL

xiin likes this.
  8. Helaine

Helaine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    <3 omg zryuu thanks for the spoiler~~~~

:blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

9. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds fun~ Has it been completed?

10. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it’s completed (raws version) but it’s not being translated as of now ):

11. Japorea

Japorea Resident BL Enthusiast

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds really interesting! Here's hoping it would get translated! :blobmelt:

12. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool, shall go and try my luck at reading the raws. Hope it’s not too difficult :blob_grin:

13. Hasr11

Hasr11 [Cat] [Fujoshi] [JP TL in Hiding]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sports x BL!?
    That’s my jam owo:aww::aww:

Someone pls translate this!

14. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ML always teases MC lmao and there was once when MC (accidentally) borrowed money from ML to pay for his date with some girl, and ML told him that he could pay it back in cough a lot of ways. And even told MC that all his debts could be settled with just a kiss. Then this happened a second time cause MC had to borrow money from ML again, then this scene ensured cause ML dared MC to kiss him:
    What makes you think that I won't dare to do it? Why won't I dare to?

I really want to kiss you.

If you don't get up, I really will kiss you.

Nie Chuan lowered his head and stacked up both of their dishes together, then sent them to the reclamation area. He stuffed his hands into his pockets and followed Rees.

After they got in the car, Rees started it up but Nie Chuan continued to keep his head lowered.

"What are you thinking about?" Rees indifferently turned the steering wheel and drove out of school.

"I'm thinking, do you really think that I'll just let you mess around with me every time you crack such nasty jokes? You better be careful, I might just embarrass you in public too!"

Nie Chuan couldn't be bothered to look at Rees' expression. He just tilted his head and looked out the window, even though there was no scenery outside.

"If you have that kind of capability, then I'll give you all the cash I have in my wallet. And you won't need to return a single dime to me." Rees looked at the right rearview mirror. His voice and tone made it clear that he didn't think much of Nie Chuan.

"What did you say? You better mean what you say!" Nie Chuan was suddenly infuriated.

Do you think that only you can make fun of me?

Do you really think that you're all that just because you're a male god?

Do you think that I won't have ulterior motives just because I don't look very smart?

Every night before I sleep I want to YY you! And do this and that to you!

"Yeah, I meant what I said."

Just as Rees turned around, Nie Chuan abruptly closed in and his lips touched Rees'. The tip of his tongue recklessly and clumsily swept across the gap in between Rees' lips and touched his teeth.

Rees' opened his eyes wide. Right at this moment, his hand left the steering wheel - impulsiveness broke free from the shackles of reason. He forcefully pushed the tip of his tongue back and entwined it around the moist warmth that Nie Chuan had sent into his mouth. Just as he was about to press Nie Chuan down on his shoulders, there was an old man crossing the street in front of them.

His heart was about to fly out of his cheest; Rees quickly turned around, stepped down harshly on the brakes and turned the steering wheel.

The tires emitted a sharp, screeching noise as the car came to a halt, and Nie Chuan knocked onto the glass window with a "bang" after he was pushed out of the way by Rees.
    *YY = dirty things

And the author's note at the end was HILARIOUS:
    Author: Demon King Rees, does it feel good to get kissed by Xiao Chuan?
    Rees: If there wasn't that old man who was crossing the road, I would've shaken the car straight away. (i.e. car sex lmfao)
    Nie Chuan: ...

Avrohom, AlunaGray, Kaylee and 14 others like this.
  15. lykizan

lykizan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oo this sounds so cute. i feel for the ml hahahah getting asked by his love to send flowers to a girl :notlikeblob:.

i'll sit here and pray to the translation gods that someone picks this up:blobReach:

16. foxymirage

foxymirage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been ignoring my notification cuz I don't have enough time to read everything yet... But somehow the title drew me in. Holy shiz, @xiin , it's our fav author! :aww:

17. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG i was totally going to ping you about it but i didn't know where you'd gone.. lol. WE GOT A NEW FAN FOR THE AUTHOR~~

18. TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove

TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please add me too

19. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, welcome to the sect.

20. laziest

laziest Well-Known Member