Recommendations SI/OC/AU Fanfiction

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by karnanovel, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Endless Path (abbrev. EPIC) is a Danmachi fanfic on Webnovels while Endless Journey: Infinite Realms (EJIR) is an original more widely known on ScribbleHub though also on WN.

Different things. Yeah, sigh...

I also really hate it when series get dropped. I also don't like it when stories end, cause I don't like endings.:blobsob:

karnanovel likes this.
  2. erikvio

erikvio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Purple Days by baurus
    • Game of Thrones
    Joffrey finds himself trapped in a time loop after his wedding. He wakes up just before the group from Kings Landing visits the north. It's a long and epic quest of growth, self discovery, and action. The story is finally reaching its endgame. Shockingly, it made me a fan of Joffrey. Beginning's a bit rough from what I remember. It's truly epic. Almost complete

Harry Potter and the Natural 20 by sir poley
    • Harry Potter; Dungeons and Dragons
    Milo, a character from a world governed by Dungeons and Dragons rules, finds himself in the world of Harry Potter. He's basically an alien, and his entire worldview and magic system is based on regimented and wacky logic, which baffles everyone at Hogwarts. You don't need to know DnD stuff to read it, I've never played it.

Six Pomegranate Seeds by seselt
    • Harry Potter
    Everything went to shit during the battle at Hogwarts, and Hermione grasps a chance to go back in the past to right some wrongs. She can't go back as Hermione, though, due to time shenanigans. So she returns as Cathal Rosier, and attends Hogwarts dealing with excruciating loss no one else can know about, isolation from all her friends/family, pressure of Voldemort, Slytherin house politics, etc. It's heart breaking, inspiring, and beautiful. Complete
    • The author has another work with a similar premise that is also really good. Nihil est ab...something
    How to Win friends and influence people by olivieblake
    • Harry Potter
    It's dramione and nottpott plus a whole bunch of other pairings, set after the canon cast have grown up. The author made the wizarding world incredibly seedy and grimy, and the characters stumble across an international conspiracy concerning immortality. Complete

Detective Pony by sonnetstuck
    • Homestuck
    You can read it without knowing the first thing about Homestuck. There was a one-off joke during the comic where Dirk (horse obsessed, incredibly intelligent, self-hating, aloof, philosophical) gifts his friend a book for her birthday. The book was a parody "rewrite" of Jeanne Betancourt's Pony Pal series for children (which noone's ever read lmao). He crosses out a bunch of names/words from the book, inputs his own, and creates a completely ridiculous story that gets surprisingly intense. The comic only had a few pages, but someone went out of their way to write the entirety of it. It's completely absurdist, delves deeply into philosophy and the self, and is 100% Dirk Strider. There are pages of annotations at the end for references to particular philosophical texts and theories that you can check out if you were actually interested. Complete

Harry Potter and the Invincible TechnoMage by Clell65619
    • Harry Potter, Marvel Comics
    A crossover fic where Iron Man adopted Harry early on from the Dursleys. It's an entertaining romp through the Hogwarts years. Noone in the wizarding world really understands how wild and OP the muggle world is these days with superheroes and cataclysmic events occuring everywhere, and Harry grew up right in the heart of it. Basically, think about Harry in this fic as a kid who grew up in NYC during the Industrial Revolution, and then goes to attend school in late Imperial China (after it closed off its borders) that tries to tell him how much better they. Sure, they once were amazing, but they've stagnated, and Harry's just there trying to blend the knowledge from both sides.

I limited this list to the fandoms you explicitly stated in the OP, or ones you don't need knowledge of canon to read.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    karnanovel likes this.
  3. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    mate.

words cannot describe the fall of your taste in fanfiction to read.

noodlehammer has far too much fap material in his fiction either ways. its like reading a less sexed up version of ascension book one bloodlines.

harry potter kingdom building fics are vastly overrated.

return and third path are both horrible for various different reasons.

from what i remember of return doflamingo reincarnates as naruto and virgo as lee? and they then go on to show the world how manly and kick ass they are. pass.

and third path to the future is essentially like the spider where mc goes around fucking everything that breathes and has holes.

dragon ball dc is various levels of suck and i never really managed to bring myself to read past chapter 2 so :/

4. karnanovel

karnanovel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate, thank you. I like your description of Harry Potter and the invincible Technomage things, it's like one of those OP dimension jumper where the mc go to a victorian type of realm just to drop a nuke and say fuck you to people in there.

I'm definitely gonna check those things that you recommend especially that Harry potter & marvel because i want to see some wizard got smacked with iron gloves

5. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Return is basically the same thing as Second Wind so you're full of it. Author of Ascension is an total amateur, I dropped that shit as soon as he basically described Lily as D-cup breasts which is in the first half of chapter one, on the other hand Noodlehammer is an excellent fanfic author if you simply skips lemons as I already said. I have nothing left to say to you except that you're full of it and don't have all the facts.

6. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    woah woah woah...

did you just put return and second wind in the same sentence and expect to get away with it?

its official bruv.

all the bad fics have gotten to you and ruined your taste in good fanfiction.

may your dead taste in good literature rest in peace.

7. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop it you two. Keep your opinions to yourself and don't try to convince the world yours preferences are the only good ones in universe.
    We got enough of those ppl in journalism already.

8. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    So many fanfictions, so many that dropped, so few that hype me to read :cry:

9. m4gnus

m4gnus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hell ye... Thanks for the recommendation! I'm seriously intrested with all of those fanfictions that you put the link on, especially re:zero and sekirei one

11. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Well here what i think about God Slaying Blade works.
    I only read about 12 chapters and i see that the fanfic Shirou was useless AF. Illya does more things and action than him. Hell all i read is about Godou and it confused me which one is the MC of the fanfiction. He start with Shirou as an MC and make him a side character in the next ones

12. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
  13. devang shrivas

devang shrivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recommend me something like "With the ring " .

14. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't, I only know of Young Justice coz of crossovers and barely know anything about Green Lantern so I didn't read it.

15. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    devang shrivas likes this.
  16. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    Why some of japanese fanfiction seems like the MC got suplex when he was born and got their cranium cracked

17. karnanovel

Reading List:
    Link
    BTW thanks for your recommendation, i like almost half of your favorite storys and put it on my list!

Jojo775 likes this.
  18. devang shrivas

devang shrivas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. ElDaniWar

ElDaniWar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  20. TheAnkerzz123

TheAnkerzz123 New Member

Reading List: