LCD True Martial World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Evilnemesis7, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't Mars actually self-insert his persona in every MC he created? :hmm:

2. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No idea, if he does he either doesn't like himself that much or takes "self depreciating humor" to an extreme

3. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about YC from ATG? You should see how people are cursing him on discord XD
    The problem is that YC is basically the opposite of other Mars MCs. The only thing that they all carry is that they all are lolicons.

Seriously speaking, no matter how bad atg is or how much hate YC receives, it is still way better than TMW in all aspects. For example, at least plot doesn't get dropped randomly permanently.

4. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree with your statement, from the MC aspect YY is far more superior than YC

I don't want an MC that shout everywhere that he need to control his own fate while actually got ping-ponged by plot and women's thigh

5. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    All I have to say about that is at least YY is actually *self motivated* in doing things and actively looking for ways to strengthen himself and progress instead of YC who has to either be dragged into something by someone else or told where to go and what to do since he lacks any driving force himself except to get laid, and even then he usually waits for Mars to drop that into his lap.

6. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You must not be part of the LNMTL ATG comment section. People there love to make excuses for Mars' horrible writing. Especially when it comes to YC. It's seriously jarring when you realize how dumb Mars makes YC just to advance plot, or the constant everybody knowing things that he should know and not telling him.

7. darksaint124

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Mars only reuses the same plot in every novel he writes. So much so that people could predict what would happen before we even got to that volume. Mars is NOT the paragon of literature. He writes the same story over and over again and only changes the setting, sometimes. He is also super infatuated with his MCs committing suicide out of sheer stupidity.

anirudgoud likes this.
  8. anirudgoud

anirudgoud Novel Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Mars simply recycles the plot. You can go check out his previous works. Even the arcs feel the same. Don't know why but Mars likes to keep MC 'dead' in the novel again and again.

The characters, settings they are all recycled from the mix of his previous works. Little Fairy herself is also a recycled character along with getting pregnant and gone missing, being in danger ...blah.blah..blah.

MC would always have obsession with one loli. Shura's Wrath-his sister. YC-Jasmine. Both the times, they went to DIE for the loli they love after the loli 'died'. And they almost died, only to be saved the dumb plot armor.

The final villain would always be a female. A beautiful one, definitely a virgin and guess what? She ends up under his crotch at the end. This is the so called plot. Mars has it planned long, long ago.

ATG doesn't give you anything new from the usual Xianxia except it is a perverted OP fantasy about conquering girls without working your ass off and facing no tensions.

It is not read for the plot but for the experience. Because everyone knows no one in the harem will die, all the women introduced as 'beautiful' will join the harem, and Nothing will really go wrong.

9. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen that chat on occasion, but tend to avoid it because of how insane it gets there. I'm not really sure how much of the excuses are genuine and how much are just adding crap to the pile

10. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said that YC is a good MC. Nor that Mars is a good author. Honestly, I don't even like him. What Mars does well though is sometimes writing not bad fighting scenes. I am not sure where translations are, but Asura's salvation was quite well described (not that circumstances were not stupid...).

As for comparing YY with YC, from what I have read at least YC had something that could be called personality. I am not saying that his personality is good, but merely that it exists. Yes, Mars works are carbon copies of itself. Yes, they are full of stupid things. However, compared to TMW, in ATG things are at least not ditched completely. How well are they kept is a different thing. You can hate harems, but most of harem members in ATG has more personality than entire cast of TMW together...

11. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Not even those of us in this forsaken land would dare go to that chat. The best that comes from there is when they let us know that mars did a wechat and the worst is everything else

12. Fluffy Jellyfish

Reading List:
    Link
    I still remember someone said and defend his argument about YC being the best MC in Xianxia

It still send shivers down my spine remembering it :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

13. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, for a moment I thought you were describing IET.

14. darksaint124

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, let's talk about Asura's Salvation for a second. This is ATGs version of the suicide technique. In EDAtH it was Dragon Soul Blast, but YC runs around spamming Dragon Soul Roar so Mars switched it up, just not very well. One of the things that I never understood about AtG is the EG's inheritance. He was born with elemental control and created the techniques, but YC has the techniques innately, but the elemental control he has to search for items. That's how early the novel fell apart for me. It's obvious that these are holdovers from his fake VR novels, but he keeps using these suicide techniques even though there is no logic behind them in world if you pick at it even a little. Let's be honest, both novels were better when we were on the first world. Ascending made both novels utter garbage.
    The thing with YY is he's an {Insert Internet troll} character and not supposed to be anything else. YC on the other hand loses IQ points the stronger he gets and is generally aimless. The worst kind of MC to get crazy OP inheritance. Both novels also suffer from the, no one can jump ranks except the MC trope, which is very annoying and shows a very clear lack of talent.

15. darksaint124

Reading List:
    Link
    IET doesn't do suicide.:blobsmilehappyeyes:

16. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    There are 2 possibilities: A - I failed to describe it, B - you didn't bother to read my comment. I think I did say that it was well described, not that it was smart. YC is indeed getting dumber as time goes on and suicide was just completely moronic. HOWEVER, no matter how dumb it was, it still perfectly matched already defined YC's character. You should have seen ATG discord at that time. Everyone cursed how dumb it was, but majority agreed, that there was no other move or YC would not be YC anymore.
    Though I agree that in the beginning both novels were much better. Honestly, I can't pinpoint when ATG begun to go down (though the major part was during god realm arcs), but in my eyes, TMW begun to lose it after tower/trial thing.
    However, I don't agree with YY being {insert internet troll} character. It is much more of trashy writing than anything else and that troll thing is just an excuse.

17. darksaint124

Reading List:
    Link
    While you were worrying about how dumb the suicide was I already knew it was to happen. We had narrowed it down to two arcs. Either the XQ wedding or the Star God Ritual. This is what I mean. Mars just reuses plots. It's not that he wouldn't be YC, it's he wouldn't be a Mars MC without throwing his life away in the most useless way imaginable, and if you've ever read a Mars novel it's as predictable as the MC having elemental control or a dragon soul. It's not original to this novel, and it truly doesn't make it exclusive to YC. He is a Mars MC and all Mars MCs do it.

anirudgoud likes this.
  18. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't just you who knew it, literally everyone knew it was going to happen since the first time it was hinted that Jasmine was in trouble and she said that he will die for a woman. Same goes about MGR wedding arc. People knew it that it was gonna happen the first time they heard about related backstory. But don't imply that only Mars is predictable. Yes, all of his novels are copy paste of themselves, BUT nearly all CNs are copy paste of each other and reuses the same plot. There are only a few more unique ones. It is true that the quality of his novels is declining rapidly, but nowhere near as fast as MW and TMW.
    However, if we only count cultivation focused novels, than you should be able to predict what will happens after the first chapter of any novel arc. For example, tournament - everyone will underestimate MC, but he will somehow win; trial/mini realm arc - MC will end up lucky and get the most OPed thing; heroine is in danger - MC will try to protect her no matter how dumb it is. That is just how CN works. Heck, if we talk about power systems, there is more than 90% of probability that MC is a spear, sword, lightning or fire user.

19. darksaint124

Reading List:
    Link
    I have seen MCs lose tournament arcs. The problem with an MC like YC is that even when he should lose a tournament he bulls his way ahead exposing himself. While it is true that there is a lot of repetition in CNs it is especially noticeable in a Mars novel because even techniques themselves are recycled. TMW is not a copy/paste of MW. It is noticeably of a lower quality than MW. I have enough posts in this thread showing my lack of enjoyment of TMW and YY as an MC, but he is nowhere near as bad as YC, an aimless guy that never looks before he leaps and makes every decision with his second head.

20. anirudgoud

anirudgoud Novel Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Not all the authors do copy-paste. And I didn't find anyone else who is as predictable as Mars. Mars directly recycles his plots, characters, history, final villains' goal. It is just too much.
    While the other CN have similarities and might be predictable, they are no where near Mars. Even FengLing TengXia, who uses the same reincarnation, silk pants and underestimated young master troupes and arcs in almost all his works shows great diversities in writing. If anything, the difference in characters itself stands out.

And if you are talking about the quality of MW and TMW, they are miles apart. MW may or may not be to your liking but it is better planned, better thought of and better written than TMW. The quality of TMW is bad but that is only after the fall of it at midpoint of the story. Till then, even with all the things which seemed predictable, TMW was not a bad read.

LM, YY are way better MC's than YC. At least they have some self-esteem and motivation to get stronger unlike YC who became a wimp once he saw someone way stronger than himself. LM faced the similar situation with a much better mindset, he struggled, he fought. But YC, nah~ He just lost all his guts and became a shrimp and a bitch who lost his brains and common sense which would have told him that meeting Jasmine with his current strength is anything but stupid, and ultimately died, only to be 'reborn' by the Plot armor and get a stupid power up just because the arc needs one.

While YC might have more of what people call 'Personality', it is more like a manifestation of 'Perverted Fantasy' coming to life. Honestly, his personality isn't impressive and is just there for the sake of it.

SaintZoro and darksaint124 like this.