Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild - Receptionist's Desk

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by AliceShiki, Jan 28, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I can't say it became more sketchy than it already was at the very least...

Good job solving the problem... Hopefully this thing won't lead to any further problems... We'll look into it.

The reward is of 4 Guild Points for each and 25 Large Copper Coins for you to split as you see fit~

Take care now~

(( @jbturkle @MrAconter ))

MrAconter likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's as good as it could possibly get considering the circumstances, you did a good job Grendel-san~

Thanks for taking care of this whole ordeal, your reward will be of 9 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Now please rest and visit a healer, alright? You shouldn't take yet another job in this condition... Take care.

3. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "I am not sleeping this time~", Gaap replied on a more or less cheerful tone.
    "I was just didn't feel like staying straight on the chair, so I let my head down on the desk."

Thinking about what Lykke reported, the receptionist smiled and nodded to himself as he began to search for the rewards while commenting on her report.
    "Mhm, what happened must have been quite cute to watch, especially with the kids.", a chuckle escaped his mouth as he handed the rewards to Lykke.

"Good job, you get 4 Guild Points and 11 Large Copper Coins and 2 Small Copper Coins, if math didn't fail me, that's normally what you get~ see you for another quest or in the tavern."

Siostar likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back Lykke-san~

Glad to see there were no issues with this request, it's always good to see things solved without hurdles~

The reward will be of 8 Large Copper Coins and 4 Guild Points~

Take care now~

Siostar likes this.
  5. Sir Koopa6000

Sir Koopa6000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Koyan walked up to the receptionist's desk. "Hey I'm back, so here's my report."

After getting the details of the situation from Zarek, Koyan moved to the detention area where they held the robbers in question to ask about their point of view. The robbers admitted to having gone to that bakery but testified that the bakery owner wasn't there at the time of their break in, and that the door wasn't even locked. Learning of this information, Koyan decided to go check out the scene of the crime.

Making his way to the bakery, the panther beastman walked to the back door as that was where the robbers said they had broken in from. He looked at the door which was now properly locked. "Hmm, those guys didn't seem nimble enough to pick a lock, but appearances can be deceiving." He said to himself before growing out one of his sharp nails and picked open the locked door.

Walking inside the bakery, Koyan went to check the work schedule. Looking at the schedule stuck to the wall as well as the bakery owner's punch-in card. “From what I’m seeing here, it seems the time the baker started working contradicts the time the robbers would be in the bakery.” He said to himself as it showed that the baker came back from his lunch break at 12:30 pm while the robbers were caught at around 12:00 pm. With this new piece of evidence in mind, Koyan decided to investigate further to find clues on who could have done the murder. Another thing the beastman found was a note in the baker’s office saying how the assistant baker was going to be absent at work on that day but. Koyan found the note suspicious as he had found the assistant baker’s hat below the counter where the body of the bakery owner was found.

Learning about all this new evidence, Koyan returned to Zarek and told him about his findings and suggested him looking into the assistant baker.

The pastries missing from the bakery may or may not have been me.

@AliceShiki

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry to say it Therese-san, but I'll have to fail your quest, Donnie-kun definitely had no Gold Coin, and his aunt definitely did not have any way of carving anything into it.

Seriously... As if any adult would ever entrust this much money into a child's hand... *sighs* I guess the boy was happy to become rich overnight once you delivered the coin, but I can't really mark a quest as successful when you clearly failed it.

Have a good day, please try harder next time. *bows*

((At least try to make a report related to the quest itself? The entire thing you wrote had nothing to do with the quest's contents...

And no, you were not late, but I failed it nonetheless.

Also...
    The Hero is from the Modern Era, not the Dragons' Era, he was not a Dragonslayer.))

Zek likes this.
  7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... You didn't quite prove their innocence, only that they are unlikely to be the murderers... You also didn't prove the assistant is the murderer, only that they're suspicious of it...

Since the quest specifically asked to find out who committed the murder, I cannot consider it as solved.

However, you did provide information that will help in the investigation, so... I'll give you half the rewards.

You're getting 5 Large Copper Coins, 5 Small Copper Coins and 2 Guild Points for your hard work.

Please try a bit harder next time Koyan-san, alright? Take care~

Sir Koopa6000 likes this.
  8. Quaesitor

Quaesitor [Scholar]

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the report, Garret nods. "I would say that you've investigated the matter enough for the quest to count as a success. Here is your reward, 27 large copper coins, and 8 guild points."

9. Zek

Zek I write sins, not tragedies.

Reading List:
    Link
    "Thank... you." Therese painfully spoke.

OOC: The Dragonslayer is totally unrelated to the nameless Hero given in the timeline. The former is an original character that has relevance to the development of my character in some way or another, you can just think of him as one of many knights that had gained valor during the Dragon's Era. I hadn't clearly elaborated since I still hadn't gone too far with my character, sorry.

I had intended for the report to be a part of the quest, though I made the blunder of omitting the part how he got himself to that trouble in search for the coin to begin with. It was an arbitrary error since I was rushing to finish the quest, had some stuff come up. Kek.

Still, wasn't it in the quest description that the coin had special carvings in it? I guess saying it was made of gold was an unnecessary detail, next time I'll just avoid adding my own flair.

10. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ohoho, it went flawlessly for a change!" The construct laughed. "Your reward, seven large copper coins and four guild points! Take care now, yes?"

11. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hello? Is this the place where I could find Tim the Hunter?" asked a low voice. This voice was that of a man who had just entered a tavern in Flaminis.

"Finally! You have arrived!" another voice responded; it came from a blond human, most likely the requester. He was clad in worn out brown leather gear, full of cuts, scratches and dirty filth. "What took you so long to accept the quest!?"

"For starters, you did not state where you were hiding at the moment or where you were going to hide in the quest sheet. You did not even mention this to any of the receptionists, so I had to spend days to find clues about you in the first place." As mentioned before, the location of the two was some tavern in Flaminis, which was at least three days away from Nagrand when traveled by foot. The fact that some nobody managed to track down the requester within less than two weeks was already something that should be described as "lucky".

"Oh... Okay, alright, that was for me to blame. Then, could you please get rid of the Salamander as soon as possible? I would very much like to have my stable life back!"
    'Just how the Salamander wants her child back?' Zoan asked himself, but refrained from doing so. Everyone surely had their own agendas and some needed to do what is morally questionable to survive and/or maintain their luxurious life.

"Yes, we will get to that. However, seeing as I don't know how to track the Salamander down, I am afraid that you will have to act as bait for me."
    Tim did not react well about the plan, but after giving another look at the sturdy built of the nomad, he gave his consent.

--- --- ---

Zoan went solo on this quest. Not only were half of his comrades unsuited for heavy combat, but he also felt as if he needed to do this quest alone. He had given Mallory free time, some day off to rest from possibly life-threatening adventures, as reason to not bring her along. ...but even he knew that it was a weak excuse.

He had some suspicions about it, but it was actually his pride -a trait the nomad consciously avoided- that had lead him to act alone. To avoid pride was an order --no, a law given by the old tribe leader. In the recent past, approximately two generations ago, the tribe had fared well and boasted about it on many small villages. However in the end, they had invited envious and irritated people as consequence, and had to suffer banishment from those settlements.

"So Mr. Big Guy, what are you doing?"
    "I want to make a little surprise for the Salamander. You said that it always tracks you down, right?"
    "Yeah. It took the Salamander less than half a week to find me once I leave a village. You don't want to know how often I got kicked out those places because I attracted that monster." The hunter shivered at the thought alone. Meanwhile, Zoan kept doing his own thing and finished the preparations of his surprise.
    "You might want to close your nose," he said and opened two jars, each emitting foul stench once their lids were opened.

"Holy Lord Ralditorias, what are those!?"
    The adventurer ignored the hunter and poured the yellow liquid from one jar to the other, before closing it and shaking the jar.
    "I think that the Salamander will have to think twice after smelling this abomination." Tim did not say anything back; he only gave a nod to the nomad.

--- --- ---

Merely two days after Zoan blended the (literally) poisonous and concoction full of foul stench that is composed of goblin excrement and rotten lemonade, the Salamander had finally appeared. Within said time period, the two men were hunting animals and monsters, when the creature emerged during one of their hunts.

"Alright, here it comes! You take some distance while I take this lizard down at close range!"
    "Okay, okay! No problem! I'll cover you as well!"
    "Got it. Thanks!"

During the short span that is two days, the two had already bonded close enough to effectively support each other when it comes to hunting. It was truly an odd experience, but after some quarrel regarding coordination and pulling the attention of aggressive prey on the first day, the problem was fixed almost instantaneously.
    From an objective point of view, this was all thanks to Tim's ability to adapt to his partner. Zoan was someone who had often worked solo, even in his old days as a goon. It was not easy for him to suddenly change, but in the end it was easier for the experienced hunter to adapt himself after all.

"Mmn!"

Zoan swung his sword at the rushing lizard. While he could feel that he had cut the skin and flesh of the lizard, it was followed by a powerful backlash after hitting its bone. Salamanders are known for their tough fire resistant skin and their ability to breathe fire. Knowing this beforehand, Zoan was rather happy to be able to cut to the bone.

Screeching from the pain, the Salamander opened its mouth and showed essence of fire gathering within its mouth. Though the nomad could have run away at that very instant, he was instead struck amazed by the miracle that is in front of him. Then, a whistling sound accompanying an arrow pierced the wind and hit the throat through the mouth of the Salamander.
    Not missing the opportunity given by his partner, Zoan grabbed the "surprise" from his backpack and threw it into the Salamander's mouth before it closed. The lizard shut its mouth, breaking the fragile glass jar between its fangs.

The poor creature was bombarded with the disgusting mixture in its mouth, and immediately spit it out. However, the stench and taste had still lingered within its mouth and it couldn't get rid of it at all. This had bought the nomad enough time to remove his sword from the Salamander's leg, and pierce through a spot where the surface was unprotected: its throat.
    The creature struggled and writhed in pain and disgust, but after a couple arrows to the head and slashes to the neck, it had finally given up on the living during its final breaths.

"..."

Zoan had a mixed feeling of killing an "innocent" creature. However, such thoughts were quickly disregarded.
    "Hey Tim, I assume that my quest is over? The Salamander is dead and you are still alive."
    "But of course! Thank you very much! Now I can finally hunt in peace..." The hunter had then given his stamp on the quest sheet.
    "Well... Just be careful the next time you sell any Salamander eggs," Zoan said. Tim then smiled wryly and bade farewell to the adventurer.

@AliceShiki

OOC: It's funny how I have a friend IRL named Tim, who recently played as a Hunter.

12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Elaine delivers the report, her hair and eyes pure black as always.
    On the way to the Great Volcano, Elaine noticed something off. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but something was wrong about the whole journey. As to what it was exactly, she didn’t know.

Get lost while trying to find the Solitude River, failed.

Get lost on the way to Fort Alduin, failed.

Get lost trying to find the demon’s town she visited twice before, failed.

Get lost while climbing the volcano using on of the many paths to the crater…failed.

She just couldn’t get lost for some reason?! The journey took exactly the amount of time an average adventurer would have taken, without any detours at all.

Just for the sake of confirming, Elaine climbed the mountain three times, keeping track of the time spent on each climb, and confirming it with one of the demon inhabitants living at the mountain foot. The result? All three climbs took roughly the same time, and she was not late at all.

What’s going on?!

Around the fourth climb, she figured it out.

“So it was you who was playing all these little pranks on me. Tried to make me walk off into the crater, didn’t you?”

Elaine took out the box containing the orb, and questioned it, rather displeased.

“...I didn’t expect to be discovered so quickly.”

“Well, you would have went unnoticed if you had stayed quiet, but you just had to try and mess around with the surroundings. It’d be a wonder if I didn’t notice after some time.”

“Still, how are you able to find your way around when I was trying my best to turn you off course all the time?!”

“Well, that’s because I’m a directional genius! No matter how much you try to complicate the path, a few extra turns here and there doesn’t matter to me! At the end of the day, as long as I reach my destination, it doesn’t matter how far I’ve walked!”

Elaine was almost at the rim of the volcano, and she’d paused for a small break.

“Let me out! I can be of huge benefit to you!”

“Huge benefits, eh…”

Elaine stared at the orb and spoke in a very serious manner.

“So, are you a genius at building?”

“Eh? No, but I can---”

“What about cooking? Are you an expert chef?”

“No, but if you let me out---”

“Potion-making? Appraising? Fancy card tricks?”

“I can’t do any of those!”

“Baker? Expert fisherman? How about a gardener?”

“Why would I know how to do those things?!”

“Then what CAN you do?”

“I can curse my enemies horribly! Also, I can conjure skeletons, conduct rituals, and make demonic items!”

“But you can’t cook, build, clean the house, or watch the door.”

“Again, why would I know how to do those?!”

“So in other words, you’re useless.”

“Why do you look so disappointed by that?! Let me out, girl!”

“I refuse.”

“In that case, you have left me no choice! I was planning to do this sneakily, but I’ll take over your bod---?! What sort of sorcery are you up to, girl?!”

It was quite apparent that things weren’t going the way the spirit hoped for. Elaine looked mystified as she looked around, unaware of the shadowy tendrils that were trying---and failing---to grab her.

“What do you mean, what am I up to? I’m about to throw you into this ol’ pit of fiery lava, that’s what.”

“No, this is impossible! How can you resist the lure of power?! I have all sorts of powerful spells at my disposal! Possessing me will make you so much stronger, at least twice as strong as you are now! No, thrice as strong! So---”

“So what?”

Elaine scowled.

“What would I do with a power that I didn’t earn by myself? If I wanted to become stronger, the only thing I’ll do is to go out on more adventures and seek out that strength personally! If I don’t know something, I’ll learn! If I’m unable to do something, I’ll improvise! Something like this, gaining power at a price---I’ll never engage in such behaviour! It’s disgusting! So, you can take your magic powers...”

Rapidly becoming aware of it’s impending doom, the trapped spirit tried to bargain with more and more disastrous results.

“Wait, girl! I’m sure I have something with me that you’ll be interested in! A book about black magic spells! Magic that allows you to conjure undead minions! A staff that---”

“...If you’re so powerful, break out of this thing yourself! Judging by the heat from up here, I reckon you’ll have a minute upon hitting the lava before the heat turns this orb into complete ashes! Now, get lost and take your rubbish along with you!”

Elaine flung the orb forwards, sending it spiralling into the crater of the rather large volcano. She watched as the orb fell faster and faster...And then plunged in the lava with nary a splash. There was no sound, but the heat blasting from the volcano, even from the mouth where she was standing, convinced her that the lava itself was much hotter. Not much would survive being submerged in it.

“That’s how I live, bastard! Think again if you’re going to try and bribe me next time!”

There was the sound of a small explosion that caused her to backtrack a few steps, before anguished wailing could be briefly heard in the air. A dense black mist floated upwards out of the crater, before it was torn apart by the winds.

Elaine grimaced.

“...Well, I suppose there’s room for a monster to show up before this finishes. Quest would be too easy otherwise.”

Sure enough, a monster flew out of the mouth of the volcano and landed some metres away from her, looking like a complete patchwork kit. It looked somewhat like a gargoyle, except that dozens of hairline cracks were running along the skin, which definitely was not made out of stone.

“Gy…ya…ah…”

“Look at you. You can’t even talk properly now. And look at all those cracks, it must hurt like hell.”

“Uw…ooo…ah…”

“Guess we’ll have to do this after all. Hold still...Well, you aren’t exactly in the condition to move, after all. Let’s finish this cleanly.”

Before Elaine could draw her rapier, the thing lumbered and then charged at her. Swearing inaudibly, the girl ducked under the charge and came up roaring, kneeing the creature right in the face with considerable force.

*ROAR!*

As the creature tried to counter, Elaine clambered up it’s back and pressed forward, smashing it into the floor with the aid of gravity. Then, as it was getting to its feet, she drew her blade and made a fine criss-cross cut on it’s bulky body.

*Roar…!*

“So much waste. Let’s end this.”

While it was still unsteady on its feet, she proceeded to vault of the ground and nail it in the torso, driving it several steps backwards. Then she finished it with a frontal stab.

There was another explosion as wet plopping sounds rang out, and pieces of the monster rained down all over the girl, who narrowed her hollow grey eyes, and spat at the ground. Cursing, she sheathed the longsword that she was holding.

“That’s gross! You dead, you nasty fella?”

Hearing nothing in reply, Elaine leaned over to observe the bubbling lava, and seeing that nothing else was happening, she was satisfied and turned to return to the city.

Naturally, the road back to Nagrand ended up taking her a full day longer than it should have, but that’s a story for another time.
    @AliceShiki

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back Zoan-san~

You did an excellent job out there, I have no complaints and I'm sure Tim-san had none either.

As of now you're officially a D-ranked adventurer, please take this Bronze Guild Badge as reward~ *gives you a new badge*

This one has a better carving of both your name and the guild's symbol than the one we gave you hastily in the registration, I hope you enjoy that much~
    As before though, you will have to pay a fine in case the badge is lost, so please be careful with it.

Don't get full of yourself and remember to keep being careful from now on, requests get more and more dangerous as the ranks rise after all.

Good luck on your future endeavors Zoan-san, may the gods bless your path~ *bows*

Zone Q11 likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I guess the final outcome was pretty favorable overall? To think a misdirection curse ended up as a guide for you...

Makes me wonder how you endured fighting from super up close with a lava-monster, but... Oh well, glad you're safe~

The reward is of 25 Large Copper Coins and 8 Guild Points~

Take care now~

Haxagen likes this.
  15. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Aria, I'm back!"

The gourd returned on the same day he took the quest. That was rather fast.

"That's the camp?"

"Yes! Yes! Please put me down!"

A gourd stood on his materialized platform about three dozen meters off the ground, with chielf Leeroy on the verge of panicking right next to him. On the distance was a medium-sized camp, a bit too far to make up the details by sight but probably could fit about a hundred people. According to the chief it's just barely beyond Ternus territory, which means any official response will have some political ramfications. Not like the gourd cares.

Carefully carrying a screaming chief down, he left the guy to some of the villagers before taking it to the sky again.

"Arcane Armament. Arcane Armament."

Darting through the air with speed beyond even a cavalry charge, the sentries barely saw a gourd-shaped shadow before he landed inside the camp. Caught with their proverbial - some of them literal - pants down, the gourd made a buchery on the unprepared mercenaries as the arcane-imbued blade tore through men in a violet hurricane.

Nevertheless, a hundred men wasn't a group that could be killed off that quickly. Soon enough a coordinated response was pulled, mainly bowmen firing at will from all over the place. In response barriers of Hardlight rose, blocking arrows from the sides while the gourd simply held a corpse as shield and charged the closest group. He repeated the feat several times, sometimes tapping into Dart brand, dispatching more and more group of archers until the remaining broke and flee the moment he turned to look at them.

Next was some furious roar, coming from the assumed leader of the band. He charged toward the gourd only for a Hardlight platform to materialize in front of his face, the following collision concussed him badly despite the helmet. Within the next five second the gourd was upon him, slicing through the chaotic ki layer almost as easy as the rest of the mercenaries.

That was the last straw in which the whole group took flight, screaming in terror the whole time. The gourd pursued and cut them down, only needing a short moment of airtime to find any survivor - the plains offered no cover, and a simple usage of Undersight revealed whoever attempting to play possum.

All in all, it took less than thirty minutes. Most of it spent pursuing, ending with complete wipe on the glorified bandits.

"Alright, they're all dead. The camp's still there, I'll help you retake your stuff. Although if they already transported some away then you're out of luck, but I think their equipment and horses would be of some value."
    -All enemies wiped
    -Gourd educated the villagers on the topic "Looting 101 for Dummies", and "Disposing Corpses 101 for Dummies"
    -Brought back some excess equipments to pawn and/or use as overtime bonus
    @AliceShiki

16. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    Task: Damned Centaur!
    Requester: Kyogre, Chief of the White Cows Village
    Quest Rank: E-rank
    Rewards: 7 Large Copper Coins
    Description: That bastard has been wooing our women for far too long! They all want him burnt to death, and their husbands want even more!
    Take him into custody or strike him down! The guy is an outlaw anyways.

Dantia went to the place marked in the map, got in touch with the client who were explaining things so furiously to the point that Dantia couldn't make sense of most of his speeches. Things like "that damn centaur! Claiming himself as a centaur when he's not a centaur!" Or "continously wooing our villagers despite their ugly appearance!" Or even "we aren't even mad anymore by their disturbance!" But with visible veins popping on his temples, the last one wasn't too convincing.

After a few details on the target's appearance and possible sighting, Dantia finally departed with the chief. The damned centaur was reportedly "small and crumply", "annoyingly high pitch voice and broken sentences", and "amazingly stupid for a centaur". While the villagers have such a strong impression on that centaur, none of them knew where its lair was. The chief said "he usually goes to our village at around dusk to cop a feel of our women's behind, sweet talks them, and shows off his prized spear. The men had tried to shoo him and sometimes by force, but they seem to not get hurt! We have no idea why!"

On a boulder near the White Cows Village's gate, there was a single girl dancing. The dance was so beautiful yet so violent, she literally sparked flames around herself with her dance. It was her skill: Taika. She figured that she might need an extra lighting since the torches from the village walls weren't enough to make her comfortable in cases of emergency fighting. It was dusk, the time for the target to come to the village.

"Should be anytime soon," Dantia muttered, "this much baiting won't fail, I hope." Indeed, with her flashy dance that has literal flashes of light, she should be visible from quite a distance in this darkness of nightfall.

After waiting a bit more, she could heard footsteps, crack sounds from someone-or something- stepped on it. She strained her tall ears and found where it was. A small creature no taller than human kids appeared.

"Hyakakaka! Human! Woman! Finally! You see, can? I, great! You see! I great!"

'well yeah that is nothing a centaur sounds like' thought Dantia. She said nothing and continued her dance.

"Woman! Come! I marry you!" The creature said as it slowly walked towards the dancing girl. "Come, come! Uhyakakaka!"

She calmly observed the creature the villagers claimed to be a centaur but with weird features, and it did have those weird features! The skin looked crumply and loose, almost like a baggy shirt worn by kids instead. In its hand was some sort of spear looking thing. It wasn't a proper spear by orthodox definition, it was rather uniquely shaped. Two prongs of wavy blades at the tip and the handle parts have visible handrail-like guard. The color wasn't close to metallic, rather it was more like a color from nature: a bit wooden and still resembles ceramic colors. Perhaps those things made the spear a "prized" weapon, although Dantia didn't feel any sort of peculiar powers in that spear at a glance.

"Ooh, woman! Pretty! Woman, I get hard! I, you, humpyhump!" As the creature said, doing an indecent gestures towards Dantia. "Eww, no way. Gross!" Denied her.

"What! No! I great! No gross! See, spear! Great! I great! I, you, humpyhump!"

Upset by her rejection, the creature swung its spear forward before doing the humpyhump dance one more. Seeing that Dantia didn't respond to its gesture, it crept up on her once more while swinging the spear around, which Dantia took opportunity to simply knock it off its hand.

"Whaaat, that spear no great. You no great, me great! You gross, me pretty. I, you, no humpyhump!"

The girl playfully mocked the creature while it was confusedly searching for the spear. However, with her foxflames ready, this time it was Dantia's turn to approach the creature.

When she got into range, she could -with lights provided by her foxflames- see the 'crumply and loose' skin of the "centaur"

"..huh, what is... That's not a skin, that's a clothing?" Baffled by the sight of patterns embedded in the fabric, it was clear that it was a kind of outfit. She has no idea what it could indicate however, but "you, you're not a centaur!" She screamed.

Slash!

"UGYAAA!"

As the fake centaur howled in pain, the fabric was torn, revealing a weird spectacle. Dantia couldn't think or say anything else but "GOBLINS!?"

There were two goblins, one in front and one at the back holding the front goblin's hips while bowing. Certainly, with lack of light and two goblins joined together while wearing that clothes, they looked like a small centaur.

"Ack! We sorry! Give up, I!" Said the front goblin, tossed the clothes away and grabbed the second goblin's hand before running away.

"...well that's weird... But what about the clothes and spears though? No way goblins can make those things. Maybe the chief knows something?" And she collected both the spear and the clothes.

It was unfortunate that the chief and the villagers had no idea about the items, but Dantia got her first quest done and a bit of extra jerkies in her pocket. She brought the spear and clothes back with her, hoping for some extra cash.

"I want real meats... Jerkies are hard nya~"

Brought back a weird looking two-pronged wavy "spear" and one clothes that doesn't look like any human would wear. Simply doesn't make sense anyatomically. It also has some kind of patterns embedded.

"Done! My first quest! It was kinya weird but eh, completed I guess? @Lenaia please check~"

ooc: dang it's hard to write stories on a small phone

AliceShiki likes this.
  17. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's a pair of goblins? Well, not the weirdest thing I've seen around here. I'll just tell the chief to kill the bugger if they appear again."

The construct stamped the report for completion.

"All in all, congrats on your first job! Your reward, seven large coppers and four guild points. Take care, yes?"

LittleFox21 likes this.
  18. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    "Aye! I can eat now!"

AliceShiki and A5G_Reaper like this.
  19. Xalysian

Xalysian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Say, what do spirits eat? I'm going back there, do tell Maga to come read these."

Day 1 -

Valuren went back to his ‘camp’ to grab his backpack after getting the approval of a unique quest, he decided to leave behind his charred wooden blade by stabbing it down near the tall tree where he had rested. Valuren left the area to set off on his journey to the southern border of Ternus, to find the ice spirit to bring her to a safer place.

Ready, my Valuren?~”, he nodded after hearing her voices, she had woken up from her slumber and now hugging him by neck in the ‘ethereal’ form, “Time to travel to the south, go back to sleep, Veri.”, he told her that as he begin to materialize his whip weapon and embarked on the journey.

He spent the night reading old man Maga’s report about the ice spirit. It was beautiful how he managed to temporarily solve the villagers’ problem of fishes and found the ‘problem’ too during his further investigation. Valuren smiled for his fellow adventurer’s intellect, and continued smiling through the whole report…

A heavy sigh escaped out of his mouth, he had not realised it yet but all he could muster after that despaired sigh was, “If only… If only, I could help you, old man Maga… ‘uncle’ Maga.”

Day 2 -

Wakey-wakey!~~

Waking up after the lovely alarm of Veri’s voice in the next morning, it was time to move back on the tracks again. Valuren found some wild berries to restock, Veri was able to help him detect which are poisonous like she always do. He also found some wild ‘gardenia’.

“They smell wonderful, I might get addicted to smelling all various kind of flowers again - all thanks to that Weiss Managor from before.”, he mumbled to himself, before humming in a pleasant tone.

Preparation for the day is done, Valuren had refilled his waterskin after he ‘accidentally’, drank it all in one go. Time to go back on the tracks, cue the grappling montage!

During the travel, he saw something clearly resembling to something he would know, a single glimpse of a dark goblin walking the two dark wolves away to his right, thus causing him to fall down on the ground scraping his knee.

“Son of a…”, he almost cursed over the small accident.

He backtracked to check for the goblin, and found nothing. He missed it, perhaps he was just imagining it. Valuren patted on his scraped knee and went on with his journey after a short while.

The sun is slowly setting, it was about time to become dusk. Judging from the shadows, he had calculated that time was about 6 o’clock. He made a quick stop to replenish his hunger with some berries until he heard a yell nearby.

Valuren moved from a tree to another tree, and find himself a merchant carriage that currently being scavenged by a group of bandits. There were four bandits in total, two of them are searching for goods in the cart, one is watching the two do their work while the last one, possible the leader since he was wearing a different clothing, are watching the tied-up poor merchant.

“Veri, how are they?”, he asked his inner soul, Phase, as he carefully placed down his backpack.

“Like last time, weak-minded. How about this time, you…”

“I know. Time to kill.”

He dropped down behind the tree where the poor merchant were tied-up, watching carefully on the ‘leader’s’ movement before he give a signal to the merchant that he is going to help him. After hearing some ruckus from the scavenging side, the ‘leader’ turned around to look at his comrades, there Valuren make his move to interact with the poor merchant.

“Ah, y-you-?”

“Shh, I’m going to kill them, is that alright with you, sir?”, he pulled out his badge to show him his status before putting the badge back into his right jacket pocket.

“...”, the merchant gulped before answering back to his sudden question, “A-Alright… be careful, adventurer…”

Valuren disappeared back up on the tree, then he overlook the cart once again, it looked like they found some goods after all. It was time for him to begin his killing spree, starting from!

He jumped down on the ‘leader’, causing him to fall on the ground head first, without any delay he wraps his chains around the ‘leader’s’ neck and breaking it. A silent kill, yet the sounds of the neck crack are still loud in his ears.

‘Time to go loud, he walked toward the cart while dragging the dead ‘leader’.’, He thought to himself that he wanted to give those three a sense of fear that one of them had already fallen to their demise. The one that was watching them noticed him walking over to their location.

“Oi! Stop where you at! Or someone will…Leader?!”

The first bandit noticed the dragged corpse, alerting the other two from their scavenging process. Valuren swings his whip, causing the body to move around before unlatching it after it was in an angle that will hit the first bandit, the one that noticed him.

“U-gyahh!”, a clean hit but it was not enough to end him but enough to send him crashing to an empty box nearby.

“Damn it! You will pay for that!! With your own life!”, the second bandit then takes out his hatchet and charges at him.

Valuren changed his target to the bandit charging at him, he does a wide-spread swing in a vertical angle, breaking down the bandit’s jaw, “A-aagh!”

“That’s a punishment for being reckless, my dear.”, letting his dark presence slowly taking control of his speech before slamming his whip against the bandit’s head, smashing it to pieces.

“Too bad, you’re already in my range!”, yelled the third and last bandit in the air.

Valuren finds the third bandit intriguing due to his capabilities to jump higher than any average human, however, he only smirked in response.

“My, my, you’re begging to be punished. Hmph!”, he lassoed the whip toward the neck of the airborne bandit and sends him back down on the ground as rough as possible to break his neck.

“U-uurgh…”, he survived.

“Indubitably, you’re very intriguing fellow.”, Valuren chuckled after realising the bandit were still alive. He moved toward the fallen chained-tied-down bandit.

Valuren are now crouching down on the ground, the bandit are struggling to get out of chained grips.

“W-What in the hell, are you?!”, his eyes widen after watching into Valuren’s atmosphere, darkness were surrounding him.

“Nothing concerns you.”, Valuren chuckled after replying to his question. The bandit then felt something sharp entered his spine.

“A-aaa…?!”, a palm pressed against the dying man’s lips.

“Shhh…just die, is that hard for you? Do you want me to sink it deeper?”, he continued to stab the iron dagger deep into the bandit’s back, killing him.

Valuren released the bandit from his chains after seeing no more resistance coming from him, he patted on two of the bandits’ body nearby for quick loots, some small coins and that’s it, he whispered to himself as he moved toward the cart where the last bandit who were still alive but unconscious.

He grabbed the man to search for something to steal, just like before. He found nothing and decided to kill him with the hatchet from one of his bandit friends. He already mentioned that he was going to kill everyone. He goes back to the merchant to free him.

“You got blood all over your jacket, adventurer.”

Valuren writes his response in a piece of paper before giving it to the merchant, “Don’t worry about it, a single wash can remove the stains.”

“I see, you don’t talk much. Let me repay you for helping me, don’t worry about the carriage - I will send one of my horses to call for help.”

He proceeds to give him 20 Large Copper Coins, to which he flat-out refuse. He wanted to take a weapon as a reward, instead of money this time, since he got a job(adventurer) just for that matter(questing).

He asked in a sad tone, “T-Then… is there a way for me to repay you, adventurer?”, Valuren pointed at the cart with his forefinger, before telling him exactly what he wants.

“A weapon, a good sword, if you got one.”

The merchant sighed with relief, it seems that he got a weapon just for him. They walked over to the carriage where the bandits previously scavenging about, the merchant goes to find a hidden case below the wagon.

He opened the case in front of Valuren’s sights, showing a sheathed weapon inside, a steel katana. Just to his liking and his knowledge of kendo in the past.

“I will take it.”

“Have a safe journey to wherever you’re going to, adventurer.”

Valuren whipped himself back up to the trees with his new weapon at the left hip, he feels great to have some weight back over there. Time to move back on the tracks, to the south, while there is time left before dusk fully becomes night.

Day 3 -

Early dawn has come, Valuren had arrived at the village near the Southern Border of Ternus, he know that the Ice Spirit may have no longer be around, due to her running away, as stated in the old man Maga’s report.

He decided to take a ‘quick’ stroll around the beach sides, inspecting both the calm sea waves and the forests for something similar to the Ice Spirit’s description, black hair, glowing pale skin, wears a white summer dress.

After what assumed to be two hours of strolling, became four hours of strolling. There were no sights or leads to where the Ice Spirit could have been. He began to scout the area once more, this time by a top angle and position, grappling himself up to a tree. He asked Veri about anything she could see or detect in the sights of mine.

Unfortunately, nothing.

He decided to switch his searching location.

“I will find her, for the sake of old man Maga’s.”

Day 4 -

A restless searching has come to an end when he felt the cold sensation nearby inside the forests where I continue my search of the Ice Spirit.

“Holy Hell strike me down… that’s cold, just like the air conditioner back home.”, Valuren commented about the coldness on how it was close to resembling the exact coldness like a machinery back in his home world, back home where he was supposed to fall asleep in the bed.

He had found her.

A girl who fits the description from Maga’s report, are sitting down under a tree, hugging her legs and sighing. She seems down, as if she’s regretting something.

He made his first move.

“Yo.”

No response.

He sits down next to the girl and purposely exhaled a tired breath before continuing on with his words, “Sik, right?”

The girl turned to look at him and immediately jumps back to standing, she was both surprised and scared of him suddenly being there, let alone next to her side. He gave a smile to calm her down.

“Y-Yes… that’s me…”, she sits back down on the grass floor, this time, facing him. He looked at her, and cannot help but notice the atmosphere around her body, Sik is cooling down the area like it was nothing.

He took out a flower from the insides of his jacket, a pink carnation, a symbolism of a woman’s love, or a mother’s love, before giving the flower to her.

“Here, old man Maga told me to give this to you.”, Valuren lied, old man Maga had never interacted with him after that one-time party quest.

She hesitated for a moment, until she remembered what he had just said, before grabbing the flower from his hands.

“Do you know what it means?”, he asked the girl.

“No… what does it means?”

“A mother’s love, in this case… since old man Maga gives this to you - a father’s love, right?”

He could not help but smiled at her face.

“F-Father… so his name was Maga…”, she blushed faintly, her cold tears drops down from her cheeks. he can see how she was happy to receive the flower gift.

He had his hands on her face, brushing the tears away from her cheeks and goes, “I am told to come here, to bring you to somewhere safer. Where you won’t cause troubles to others nearby.”

She watched him wiping her tears away with his fingers, she mumbled something under her breath after hearing what he had said a moment ago.

“What is it, Sik?”

“Father… will he be there, to welcome me to my new home?”

‘Old man Maga, you’re breaking my heart.’, that was the thoughts inside of his mind after hearing the girl’s words.

“I will tell him where to meet you, for now…”, he rested his head against the trunk of the tree, “I needed a rest… I’ve been awake to find you, after all.”

“O-oh… s-sorry.”

“I almost forgot… before I collapse.”, Valuren proceeds to take out Maga’s report from his backpack before giving it to her, she should read what he had written about her.

“Spend your time reading until I wake up, with your ‘father’s’ report.”

“O-okay, thank you…”, she takes the report from his giving hand and watches the name of the person who wrote it with a small smile before looking back at Valuren, ”Good night, uhnnn?”

“Zzz…”

Afternoon, Valuren woke up to find Sik who have been indulging herself reading old man Maga’s report, he pat himself to get up and asks her if she’s ready to move.

“Was a good nap…”, he stretched his body while yawning with his mouth closed.

“Wanna go now, Sik-girl?”

He let his expression go wild this time, smiling brightly as usual. She turned toward him, noticing the redness of his ears but smiles along with him.

“Mhm!”

She stands up and gives him the report back, to which he take it back to his backpack. She patted his back while he was storing the report papers and after finishing, he turned to look at her.

“Yes, Sik-girl?”

“Palm, please.”

Valuren let out a quiet sigh before lending her his right hand toward her, she placed her hand on top of his palm and the next thing he know…

She can shrunk down to a size of an inchling.

“Hold still, I’m going over to your pockets.”, she said loudly as the small inchling spirit could and runs across his arm and to his jacket’s right pocket.

“I’m ready!~”

“S-Sure you are…”, Valuren was flabbergasted by the whole scene, so he was silent the whole travel of going to find her a safer place to stay, the next mission he had left for the quest. He spent the rest of the day, mostly talking to his inner soul about the whole surprised part about Sik’s sudden transformation to shrink.

Day 5 -

It’s night, the girl’s sleeping soundly and I don’t have any mood to sleep for the time being, that said.

I was inspecting the new weapon I had just obtained as a ‘reward’, it was decorated with something in ancient Japanese, something that sparked my interest a little more about Japanese cultures, which I should really pay attention during my Japanese classes back home.

I unsheathe the blade, other than the fact that I feel as ease when I’m wielding the katana around, I find myself a word in ancient Japanese in the blade of the katana. “Karma” was what written in red on the blade.

A good action or a bad action can lead to something good or bad happening to you, was it? I don’t put much into understanding the full concept of karma, but I do know for a fact that, if you do something good, you get good karma. If otherwise, well, bad karma.

I sighed as I go back to practice swinging my new weapon through the dark night.

Day 6 -

Time is about 4 o’clock in the evening, we have arrived at our first stop. There wasn’t much to say about the area, same forest, different place.

But wait, there is something new in this forest.

“Uhnnn, I can feel something bad, can we go to a different one now?”, the girl inside of his jacket’s pocket begin to speak, in a small tone.

“What’s wrong? What’s bad?”

“I don’t know…”, she hides herself into the pocket, even closing the seal shut.

Valuren continued to wonder to himself as he begin to communicate with Veri, he wanted to know her opinions about the area, whether it was safe or not.

They discussed about the matter inside of his mind, as always;

“Veri, can you sense something’s wrong about the place? I can’t.”

I can hear snakes, not just one snake, but a bunch of them.

“WHAT, did you just say!!? Could it be… a nest?”

Hm, you can be loud as well inside of your own head.

“A snake nest… I can report this up to the guild, but first… let’s find them. Then we scram.”

He continued to search for the ‘nest’, hoping to find the source of these sounds of snakes.

Sssss…

“!!”, he was frozen, a snake is hissing so close to his ears! He have to get away, as fast as possible!

“Hii!!”

Sssss!!

‘Great, that scared Sik, I forgot that she was here for a second!’, was all he could think about before glancing over to the snake hanging down from his left side. He needed to strike, in this range, the snake will able to bite me from that angle. He had his left hand on the katana hanging on his left hip.

...Click.

He had killed it, it was in an instant. The snake’s body were halved in two as a part of it falls on the ground while the rest are still clinging to the branch. he turned to look at the katana he’s holding so tight with his left grip.

Then, he heard more hissing, this time, from the front of him.

Could it be?

They were in a snake forest?

Are the snakes coming around from the forest because there was a cooler atmosphere?!

Time to leave, with haste!

Second stop…

Away from the dangers of the snakes and possibly the other possible stops with potential dangers and society nearby, they are finally saved, far enough from the original location Valuren had first found Sik, the Ice Spirit.

Sik comes out of the jacket’s pocket and demands him to carefully drop her down on the grass floor, in order for her to grows back to her normal size.

“Ahh!~”, she stretches herself as if she had not returned back to normal last night. She looks around to her new surroundings, smelling the fresh air and being hit by the sunlights from above.

“I feel calmness, no more scary feelings nearby.”

He nodded, encountering a snake for the first time in this world of Edhellen had left him somewhat scarred from it.

“I can feel there’s a river nearby… no, a pond is nearby.”

“A pond… a river?”, he continued, “Not that I didn’t realise it, but… just in case!”

He immediately latched himself up to a tree, lifting himself to the top of the tallest tree he could find in the area. He began to scout the area for the sights of the small quiet village from before.

“Phew… we’re not causing them any troubles”, ‘Her usual cooling range are about 10 meters, according to the first time we met.’, was what he thought right after mumbling for a second.

Pretty far from Moon Village, the always-small-and-quiet village.

“According to the memory map, Moon Village are south from here, while I see a giant lake to the east from here. It’s very far away from here, but it looked eerie just the sights of that lake.”, he mumbled to himself before jumping back down to tell Sik what he had scouted, using his writing papers.

He decided to add his own words after that, “Even though we’re pretty far from the quiet village behind, we should wait until night time, who knows…”, he continued after taking a quick breath, “Since they are nocturnal beings, some of them might’ve come here to hunt-?“

“Mhm-mhm.”, she shakes her head, “This is good enough, I will go over to the pond nearby, can you come with me?”

“S-Sure, but it’s getting late now.”

“It’s fine~!”

After a quiet walk toward the pond, they were greeted with the sights of the river gently streaming down. There were no signs of living beings in the river.

“Yeah…! This is good enough~.”

She walked to the pond, crouching down near the riverbank, she then turned her head to look at him, “Say, how deep is this river?”

Valuren let out a quiet sigh as he walked toward the girl, rubbing her head as a quick opportunity.

“I can jump down to test it for you, as long as you didn’t freeze me up.”, he jokingly said.

“Mrmphf! I won’t freeze it, maybe!”

“Maybe? Oh well…”, he stepped into the pond and falls into it. He immediately rise up from the waters and looked at her with a shivering expression, “Cold! Waist deep!”

“Hahahaha!~”

The girl laughed as pure and innocent as she is, while he had already accustomed himself with the cold temperature.

“Sik-girl… you…”

They played splashing game until the end of today.

Day 7 -

He had confirmed his suspicion that there were no dangers last night, and the moon rabbit hunters never came to this area, he could see why not though, there were no purposes to come here in the first place. No animals to hunt, nothing that could be used for alchemy purposes.

Unless, calling a weed a herb, that could work.

A man is standing on the top of the trees, scouting his surroundings.

“Not a single sight of living humanoid beings around eye-range, nothing hostile at all. Just like what I expected, from the scouting on the ground.”

“And, I should return back to the guild - report about the mission.”

“T-Thank you again for your help… oh! I never asked for your name, what’s it?”

“Valuren.”, he answered her with a kind tone.”

“Then, thank you - Luren.”

“Luren… you say?”, hearing that hits him home, his older sister used to call him by that.

“Don’t call me that, Sik-girl.”

“Hm? Why?”, she tilted her head to the side.

“Just don’t call me Luren, please.”

“O-Okay…”, she paused for a moment to wonder to herself why Valuren did not want her to call him that. She continued after thinking for a bit.

“Before you leave... Can I get a piece of paper and something to write with?”

“Sure.”

He returned to the guild on the next day.
    -Valuren got a slight cold fever.
    -Obtained a steel katana as a reward, more likely a forced reward.
    -Travel takes up to eight days in total.
    -Found a snake ‘forest’, or was it a snake ‘nest’, location - kinda close to Moon Village, slightly south of the village, yet far from the quiet village.
    -Sik is happy with her new place, northeast of Moon Village, at the ‘mouth’ of the river in Ternus’ map.
    -Confirmed no hostility or disturbance to others, no sights of possible villages nearby.
    ”Father! Luren helped giving me a pink carnation flower that you wanted to gift to me, thank you, I loved it. Also, Luren shown me some cool air tricks and! There was a black fire in his heart, I think… Why do Luren looks like he dislikes me calling him Luren, father? Father, I’m sorry that I ran away back then… will father come here and play with me? I’ll be waiting!”

@AliceShiki
    ((Valuren are now sick along with me!~ :blobhero::blobhero::blobsalt: Should I tag Skarmie?))

20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    You're getting more and more efficient, aren't you?

What else can I say? Good job out there, the reward will be of 81 Large Copper Coins and 16 guild points.

Take care now~

A5G_Reaper likes this.