Recommendations Manly novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by fling8, Apr 30, 2019.

1. fling8

fling8 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys. I'm tired of this sea of female leads and effeminate, sissy men. I don't know why, but for some reason people don't make that many novels that focuses on manly things like brotherhood, honor, etc. I can find some in manga, though.

I'm looking for manly novels with manly main characters. very few to no female characters (major or minor). if there are any women, they will contribute nearly nothing to the story. not to mention no bullshit "beautiful female leads". It would be nice if there was no romance in the novels, but I guess I wouldn't mind too much if it's in them. I just don't want a novel that focuses so much on the romance that it belittles the manly elements. If there is any romance, it should have little weight in the novel.

Novels like "Praise the Orc!" are pretty good. I'm looking for novels with the same amount of testosterone or more.

Anyone have any suggestions?

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Invisible Dragon fits your requirements.

3. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
  5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh that would too manly of a novel for this guy:blob_grin:

6. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sage Monarch (Mc wants revenge, not much romance in it, except for beginning to expalain the cause of the revenge...)
    The Legend of Sun Knight (Basically what you need? well, more or less)

8. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, you will like this :
    1. The Great Storyteller (It is Korean Novel with Male protag and No harem. There is no romance too, but MC is so cool and the way the author story telling is really good that there is no reader that complaining about the lack of romance)
    2. Reverend Insanity (MC is not a typical brainless even thou he is a Reincarnator type of MC. He is smart, he scheme, and he is cruel. At first, he is weak, but no one can bully him even thou he is weak. The author use his golden finger in a very unique way. His autumn cicada can return time, and that skill is really usefull when your friend betray you ;). No romance, because he is too busy to be strong.)
    3. History No 1 Founder (MC is a teacher, and his student is the big 3 OP MC from other novel such as Perfect World, Bettle Through The Heaven, and Renegade Immortal. There is other MC too, but I never read their novel, so I dont know the title :blobsweat_2:)
    4. Omnicient Reader's Viewpoint (MC's world turn into the same situation as his fav novel. There is Reincarnator, regressor, and returne. He is the reader, and as the reader, he has more privalage than those 3 R. Beware! There is so many fujoshi in this novel. Man said that this novel is really cool, no cliche. But the fujoshi's imagination ruin this novel reading experience. If you don't mind about the fujoshi reader lurking in this novel, then go read this. Don't bother about it,, people can imagine whatever they want to :blob_sunglasses:)
    5. Kingdom's Bloodline (MC is a transmigrator in an unknown world. He doesn't has a cheat to see the future, and he is in a child weak body. He has 3 identity, a beggar, a crown prince, and a calamity. In this novel, we together with MC experience this novel's world. Author didn't exaggerate MC power. This world is a dog eat dog world, and in this novel, there is a lot of betrayal. MC even being betrayed by his own father, and his Loli that we all ship him with :blobunamused:. So don't worry, no romance here)
    6 God of Money (MC get his 2nd chance in his life, turn back into the time when bitcoin didn't exist. Using his knowladge, and his memory, he easly make money and become the god of money. He can control the economy and become one of the most richest man. The face slapping and his coolness is the reason why reader love this novel. But no romance, and that is a shame. But you are looking for no romance, so I think this is the one for you. This novel is already complate, so you can read it without hanging on the cliff :blob_grin:)

I think that's all. I hope you like my recommendation :blobhighfive:

9. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
  10. chloroform

chloroform Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    boilhats likes this.
  11. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't most of these novels fit your request?

12. pookiepie

pookiepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this? thread full of trolls? Although there are some good novels, there are about 0 that fits the request.
    The one that should fit your request even more then Praise the Orc is Conquest. Synopsis is stupid just read the novel. Also a tip, if links on NU are dead just google conquest novel and read it at aggregator site.
    The Faraway Paladin is partially what you want. First book is growing up, later books he is adult, it also focuses more on honor and stuff not as much being a bad-ass MF.