Discussion Change gender for your love?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Apr 30, 2019.

?

Would you change your gender?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    No thanks, if their view is limited to only the same gender they’re not very likely to want to date someone who basically just got a gender operation. You’d basically be forced to lie and have to live with it every day of your life or come clean and most likely ruin all chances with him/her.
    Women are generally more likely to accept it if the statistics I saw some years ago are to be believed.

I wouldn’t want to live with someone lying to me about who they are even if they do it because they think it’s the only way I’d accept them. If I wouldn’t accept them because of what they’re lying about, I definitely wouldn’t accept them when they clearly don’t trust me and willingly deceive me with something they think I wouldn’t like.

Last month I saw something similar which actually happened, it was a transvestite who started dating a guy he/she knew was disgusted by transvestites and was only into women. He/she had been dating with him for 2 years and avoided sex, can’t quite remember if he/she used religion or conservative parents or w/e as the excuse.
    This kind of transvestite truly disgusts me and quite honestly if I knew I could get away with it I’d gladly shoot them. I don’t really mind transvestites in general as long as they’re open about it when dating, if they’re the type to go to parties and make out they’d likewise have to be open about it.

nightcore34 likes this.
  2. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Err... Well, choosing to ignore all the stuff you just said... (Nobody start debating politics here or I'm shutting it down.)

They'll know you're you and that you changed your gender. They will still accept you and love you.

3. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I knew that with absolute certainty beforehand, then I’d probably do it, if not then I wouldn’t.

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, sure. I am quite interested in what it would be like to be a girl...but I don't have any particular desire towards it. So I guess currently I'd be fine with being either genders.

Now that would be different if I had a girlfriend. Cause I'd prefer a straight relationship whether I remain a man or magically turn into a woman...cause I wanna have children someday...with the person I love. I don't have anything against homosexuality, but it just can't give me the life I want. (And about being attracted to men? I'm quite indifferent about it. I'm sure becoming a woman would make hormones and pheromones kick in that would allow you to change your sexuality in some way...though I guess you said I would already be in love with the person before changing, so this probably doesn't matter.)

So I guess I'm willing to sacrifice some things...but not all.

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well put, there is a certain quote that I thought of, something like: I prefer to change the world to fit my ideals instead of changing myself for the sake of the world. (I don't remember the exact quote, and who made it)

actually, is there a (non-hentai) story like this (could be gender bent spring, potion, spell, deal with a demon, etc.)? I can think of lots of possibilities and potential for this:
    some other factors:
    you can change another person who is almost your ideal except for gender and change his/her gender so you get another person who fits your ideals.
    Your first ideal person finds out about the genderbending solution and may want to change his/her own gender.
    etc.

That said, my ideal partner is a vampire or someone else who can make me immortal, and who is okay with me donating my sperm so I can have biological children (I'm a straight male, so if I genderbend I won't be able to have children with my love) so I choose yes.
    I don't really care about my gender.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you meant they're attracted to the [same/opposite] sex. Gender is a cultural concept, while sex is distinct in science as the biological makeup of a body.

As for OP's question, I don't think switching my private parts with the opposite sex is suddenly going to jump start a romantic relationship. The spring only changes sex; it does not suddenly grant eternal beauty or the ideal body. With enough time and effort on my end, I can get my ideal person to fall in love with me, even if I don't match their ideals. That's how relationships work, I think. :hmm:

otaku31 likes this.
  7. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... If there is a spring that can change gender, I want to change it!
    I want to see and do a real life BL with my bf:aww:.
    He is super cute~ I really want to push him down :blobnosebleed:

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    I know the difference, but I just went with gender. Let's say they'd be attracted to you if you were trans, but you're just not the gender they like. Whether the pool changes sex as well or just your gender... Meh. You come out as their ideal.

No matter how you try, unless you take this pool option, they won't fall in love with you.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  9. cktulica

cktulica Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gender and sex aren't the same thing.
    you can change your sex, but you can't change your gender.
    some people are born with the wrong sex. a sex that doesn't fit the gender.
    get your terms straight!!!!

10. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    See the above reply.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  11. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    If we're only talking about gender, then it just becomes a matter of time and effort to switch to the ideal gender. Taking the easy way out is convenient, but if I'm going to fall in love with someone, I don't want to be loved for something that I didn't work for. That would make me hate myself. :blobcry:

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Switch your gender with effort? How?

13. Flufflebutter

Flufflebutter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeesh these comments here can represent why 90% of post ops regret their surgery.
    Its gonna be a hell no. You can still be friends with the person. You can still love the person without the mutilation of your genitals. All you'll be lacking is the sex which really isnt a big deal.

14. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Surgery? Hormone injections? Whatever it takes

To be honest these trans/cis/non-binary etc really confuse me. Too much grey area

15. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    Gender is how we perceive ourselves. By changing perspectives, I can learn to be who my ideal partner wants me to be. Take for instance a non-binary person. If their ideal partner loves a gender that is not non-binary, then the only option is to adhere to cisgender roles. The non-binary individual can emulate their cisgender role by dressing up in the right clothing, changing how they talk, and slowing changing their habits to fit a cisgender role. By doing these things, the ideal partner will accept the non-binary person as a marriage candidate. To not accept the non-binary person as a love interest would be contradicting their own preferences.

Cascadian Rex likes this.
  16. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I am rather firm in my masculinity. Even if I was to have found my soulmate, that doesnt necessarily mean they will end up as a lover. That being said, I doubt that I would fall in love with a Male no matter their status. So there is no reason for me to be any other gender then the one I am born with, or seek out a relationship with those whom it would require me changing my gender.

otaku31 likes this.
  17. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    This ideal person won't love you back or be staying with you otherwise, and this would be magically changing your sex (if it changes your sex) rather than through surgery.

It's about your gender. Keep your sex if you really want.

Gender rather than sex.

Isn't that called living a lie?

What about a woman who only likes women?

18. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person who has had more then a few completely lesbian friends, I find that an absurd question. I've been even told "I'd fuck ya if you were a chick" more then once. It still doesnt change I like have a dick, and how it feels when a vagina is wrapped around it, nor the pleasure I get from pleasuring a female partner with said manly parts. There currently isn't a compelling argument strong enough for me to change my sexual orientation.

19. AMissingLinguist

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe so. :hmm: But finding an ideal partner who hates the gender I have wouldn't be my ideal partner, so the question then becomes: Would you change your gender for your nearly ideal partner? To which my answer would be no. If we're not talking in absolutes anymore, then I can probably go find someone else to love.

Cascadian Rex, Moy and Moonpearl like this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I should have made the whole thing a hypothetical fairy gift, like "she'll give you pretty much the love and marriage of your dreams but the condition is changing gender"...

Oh well. :blobmelt: I wrote this whole thing trying not to fall asleep, so what can I expect?

AliceShiki and AMissingLinguist like this.