Recommendations Cultivation+Romance, No Harem

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Fallion, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically what the title says, I’m looking for a good cultivation novel with decent romance and no harem. Male mc, 2 girls, while not optimal, is ok. Anything above that is a no.

No yaoi, shounen ai or gender bender please.

I’m generally not a fan of time travel, but if you think it’s really, really good then feel free to recommend it, would appreciate a little note that it’s time travel tho.

Thanks in advance :)

otaku31 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 likes this.
  3. Seinex

Seinex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's hard, most things are harem's these days.

Fallion likes this.
  4. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Way of Choices. The romance is slow, but once the two meet, it's a dedicated 1 + 1 relationship. Though there are other people who are interested in the ML and FL, there aren't annoying love triangles or anything like that.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ze-tian-ji/

patcan3609 and philgreek like this.
  5. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Historys Strongest Senior Brother

Romance = Subplot. Maybe Subsubplot. It's there though I promise

6. talkingwolf98

talkingwolf98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Desolate Era is what I would recommend. There isn't much that I would call romance but a huge driving force in the last half of the book is trying to revive dead wife; otherwise only one woman the MC calls his wife/woman/love/etc., lot of cultivation.

Fallion and otaku31 like this.
  7. Nahrenne

Nahrenne Sister|Daughter|Niece|Aunt|Mummy

Reading List:
    Link
    If you had been willing to have a female MC, The Good for Nothing Seventh Young Lady is really good.
    I can't really think of any good male MC ones that aren't bl, tbh...maybe The Charm of Soul Pets? The mc for that doesn't seem to be into harems, at least.

Sorry if none of this helped.
    orz

X

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  8. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh did he even have someone he loved?
    I stopped at the part where the MC of the story (You know who i'm talking about) killed his child hood friend.

9. croossed

croossed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven’t finished them yet but as far as I could tell Doulou Dalu & the seal throne (Same arthur)

Fallion likes this.
  10. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you did not go far lol, its not till like between chapter 400/500 that they get in a relationship, even then, while its a good relationship, its simply not prevalent really

Crywolf641 likes this.
  11. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for what romance it has I Shall Seal the Heavens is ok (it's more of a sub-sub plot though) and Way of Choices is good. Renegade Immortal doesn't seem like it in the first half but everything he does is driven by his love. maybe A Will Eternal, i understand that only has a small harem (2 or 3 girls, but i haven't finished reading so i'm not sure). pretty much every story by Tang Jia San Shao has a strong romance element to it.
    cultivation novels in general are pretty bad at romance since it's more focused on leveling up, chest beating, face slapping, collecting women and exterminating clans/sects/ cities that get in the MCs way.

12. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Ogagon

Ogagon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to read the ending of it just as a reminder, since I recall that the romance in the novel is pretty disappointing, something for which the author got a bit of flack from his readers, but the links seem to be broken, or more like, I can't access it on Gravity Tales page.
    It just isn't there anymore.
    Webnovel claimed it, I guess, since I see they have 9 chapters there.
    So your only option to read this novel are the-sites-whose-names-we-don't-mention-on-these-forums, of course you-shouldn't-ever-go-there-young-one.

I Shall Seal the Heavens.
    Martial kings retired life has a bit of romance, it's a fun read, though.
    World of Cultivation.
    Undefeated God of War.

Most of those romances are romances that only bloom later in the novel, so you'd need to really like the novel to get to the romance part.
    I'm a bit disappointed that I draw a blank on this topic.

valen likes this.
  14. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
  15. valen

valen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm then what about Battle to the Heavens? Granted I didn’t finish the novel, but I think at most he got two wives only? I could be wrong though.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/battle-through-the-heavens/

As for Way of Choices, I don’t remember where I read it, but the ending was pretty disappointing. The romance was light but An entire book is spent on the two of them. Then 1/3 if the following book is about the aftermath of them meeting again. Then the last book is also spent on the ML accompanying the FL on her goal. Even if they didn’t develop to marriage, I think that’s what I did like about their romance? It was equal and neither of them seemed to be about lust or physical attraction. Their romance wasn’t typical. However, romance does take a back burner. If you want a novel that is equal romance and cultivation, this isn’t it.

17. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Rebirth of the strongest monster beast (mtl) there is only one love interest, but the romance is barely existing
    But the novel is good over all. Probably the lack of romance is the only downside of it, but when compared with all the harems out there - it is definitely much better...

18. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that’s generally my problem, the few novels that somewhat fit the criteria doesn’t do so for the first 500 chapters or more.

19. Fallion

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly I couldn’t stand it after something like chapter 290-300, one of it’s major points(to me at least) was the entire fight between sects instead of the generic lone cultivator, it’s nice to spice things up sometimes. Sadly the author kind of botched that with the making the entire world revolve around the MC.

Millenia old sects and not a single one of them does anything except to fight the MC or if it’s planned by the MC.

20. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Mybe you will like this?:
    Lady Cultivator
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/lady-cultivator/

It is a serious cultivator story with romantic subplot. It is about a female protag with yin constitution, she refuse to become a human cauldron for men cultivator, so with the help of grandma in her ring, she is going to change her tragic fate, turn her weak self into a strong one, and battle through the heaven

I know it is a female protag, and you are looking for male protag, but this is one of the rare serious cultivator story with female protag. Even the storyline is almost like some male protag story

Last edited: May 1, 2019