Recommendations weak to strong that does not rely on luck

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Nolkeg, May 1, 2019.

1. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want a weak to strong kind of story in which mc get stronger with his own ability(mostly)
    example
    -Reverend Insanity
    -Warlock of the Magus World
    -soveriegn of judgement
    -mother of learning
    Mc can be lucky once in a while but he will not get his core power from luck. Examples of such stories That has lucky mc who heavily rely on luck and I don't like.
    -Coiling Dragon.
    -novel extra.
    -I Alone Level Up.
    -over geared

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Martial Arts Master but the romance is more important then the action part.
    The romance is to die for, number 1 CN, really too fluffy you puke rainbows, no drama at all against main couple.

4. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    Devils cage

5. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Tate no yuusha :3

6. Poseidon99

Poseidon99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    That's kind of a super broad area you just asked for on top of the fact that the stories you linked are overall fairly all over the place.
    When A Mage Revolts - This one to me is similar to Warlock but also not since the AI is not that helpful and it takes a fairly long while for the MC to become OP.
    The Amber Sword - The MC get's transported into the game he was playing and into an NPC body and goes on to grow stronger.
    Everyone Else is a Reteunee - This one has the MC work really hard for a looong time, but he becomes really strong early on in the story.
    Lord of the Mysteries - A different take on cultivation set in the industrial age of Europe, I strongly recommend this one.
    The Novel's Extra - The author of a story is transported into the story as a side character, he then goes from being pretty much the weakest of all to be one of the strongest much later on. He spends all his "privilege" into the luck stat which makes him grow stronger faster because of the luck stat boosting effects, for instance getting an ability that boosts 20% dmg, lucky effect it now boosts 30%. It is a really good read so I recommend this one as well.
    Stellar Transformation - If you liked Coiling Dragon this one is pretty much the same but only focuses on cultivation compared to CD that has mages and fighters.
    World of Cultivation - This is one I like a lot cause of the MC, he's super greedy :D

Except for those I could probably add a bunch but yeah to lazy xD

MissZer0q likes this.
  8. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Weak to strong that doesn't rely on luck then listing novel's extra. I dunno what chapter you are in that novel but you'll be very very very disappointed if you go further because the MC there is getting all his shit because he has somekind of a skill that maxes out his luck.

I can suggest two works by the author of Martial Arts Master:
    -Lord of Mysteries
    -Throne of Magical Arcana

Also:
    Monarch of Evernight
    Godsfall Chronicles

9. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry guys, I might not be clear in the first place but the second list is what I don't like.

11. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me about the romance and harem of Tales of Herding Gods ?
    From reviews they mention everything except the romance and harem. And from those reviews , im rly interested in this novel and want to try it.

12. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read through the list of recommendations, my first thought was "At least half of these ignored what the poster (you) was asking for!".

My suggestion is Molting the Mortal Coil, on RRL. It's a slow story where the MC has currently built up a certain level of power that can't be called remarkable for his age, but is more versatile than most other Cultivators. The story is currently only 175 chapters, and has progressed slowly down the power scale for world building and realistic character development. I won't say that there isn't any lucky encounters or situations, just that they don't give a sudden increase in power and abilities, and they only start after a period of misfortune and reasonable developmental stalling due to actual reasonable reasons (not the MC being willing to stall, but reasonable circumstances prevented him from getting stronger).

While I do believe that I would come up with others over the course of a week, at the moment that's the only one I can suggest here.

That said, I just realized, if you're willing to pay money, Andrew Rowe writes good books that usually fit this request, I can personally guarantee the Arcane Ascension Series fits, and he writes blog posts that likely have suggestions that may fit your request. I haven't read his War of Broken Mirrors series, yet, and the first book in the Weapons and Wielders series has a MC who is Strong From The Start, so it doesn't fit the request.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  13. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks everyone. Andrew Rowe's works look very interesting. I personally like paperback novel better since most webnovel are full of plothole and inconsistense because of the nature of how they are written.

14. ASadDorito

ASadDorito Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Mage??? MC is actually cursed with bad luck there ;)

16. Poseidon99

Poseidon99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is definitely a harem of sorts, its not a traditional one though. Its hard for me to describe it without spoilers but its not like harems where every girl is smitten with the mc at first glance or just keeps throwing herself at him. The romance is quite good and on the lighter side and quite hilarious . You have to realize that the Mc is about 15-16 years old by ch 660 so the romance may pickup later in the story. If you like reading stories with good plots which don't force the romance aspect then it will be a good read for you.

Braxx likes this.
  17. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link