Discussion Seeking the Flying Sword Path just ended.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by dweenator, May 1, 2019.

1. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like there should be a part 2.

In the novel, the known apex cultivation realm is Heavenly Dao Realm and the MC is just a level below that.

Also there were hints in the novel where there is possibly a realm beyond that(arcs in the chaos/spatial tide). And ofcourse, the chaos/spatial tide, also alot of heavenly dao realm characters and cultivators from other realms in the chaos/spatial tide.

Anyways, there were alot of things in the story to conclude that there will be a part 2, it's just that i don't know if the mc will still be an mc of the part 2 or if it will be on the point of view of another mc.

Now let me preface by saying that i don't know the chronological order of the stories written by IET and if they are connected to each other. I think i've read somewhere that IET said Desoalte Era exists on its own universe/standalone.

I know for a fact that Coiling Dragon is connected to Stellar Transformations as i have read both. I also know that Swallowed Star is connected to Lord Xue Ying because i read some spoilers of LXY but i don't know if the 4 are connected.

By process of elimination, there only remains Nine Cauldrons. And in the Nine Cauldrons, the cultivation system seems more like wuxia in a sense that it focuses more on martial arts. At the ending of Seeking the Flying Sword Path, the three realms changed due to the burden(heavenly dao realm existences) and the damage from breaking of mt buzhou(which is the foundation of the three realms).

With that in mind, it would be possible that the two are connected with StFSP occuring before Nine Cauldrons. So Nine Cauldrons would be a pseudo part 2 of sorts. Where the small worlds would be the mortal world before the MC of Nine Cauldrons died before reincarnating to the current world(which should be the great world in StFSP).

There's also this novel listed as a novel of IET with a description of:

The first part is finished, and the second part is starting. Two worlds of immortals and demons, and the boundless universe. This decides the tone of the second part!

In the second part, winds rise, storms surge, enormous might, Immortal Cores, Spiritual Beasts, Holy Land of Cultivation, a realm of despair in the world…there is everything possible! Immortal Emperors, Demonic Gods… There are countless experts!

Thoughts?

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank God! Now that that shit has ended, I can finally look forward to IET writing something (hopefully) decent. :blobparty:

P.S. Sorry. Meant no offense to StFSP fans. :sushi_sorry:

strayCat0 and Wujigege like this.
  3. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't try to make connections that don't exist.

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    My sides hurt lol
    Haha

otaku31 likes this.
  5. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats why i posted this thread.

Like wtf? if you have nothing to offer just dont post. Why attack this thread?

What's the point of this forum if people can't post discussions.

6. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit surprised. Its just looked like the end of the current volume.

Also wow both novels translated by CK ended together. I'll miss them.

7. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, that's why it's a given that there is a part 2.

Just that i'm not sure if the MC is qin yun again or not.

Nine cauldrons could be a continuation of sorts, i haven't read it again since the premium wall in webnovel but so far some things fit like the changes in cultivation to that of martial arts from immortal cultivation. Then again there is that other novel with a vague part 2 description in novelupdates.

or it could be an entirely new novel.

8. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess Qin Yun's story is over.

"IET feels that the story of the Three Realms is very complete. It is meant to be the story of Sword Immortal Qin's growth, a sword immortal that abhors evil. It is also a story of the first Itinerant Immortal to gain eternal life in the Three Realms." Qin Yun has become the strongest cultivator in the 3 realms so the only place he has left to go is outside the 3 realms. But Qin Yun's character is rooted in the idea of good and evil, of following the heavenly Dao. I guess IET felt like exploring this story from a different perspective other than Qin Yun would be good instead of continuing to have Qin Yun as the MC. Maybe the part 2 will have a fiendish cultivator as the MC. Highly unlikely given IET's personality but maybe.

9. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    I skimmed that part, i guess i shouldv read it more seriously.

I guess we'll just have to wait for more translated chapters for Nine cauldrons and the other novel to see if there are any connections.

Or it could possibly be another Desolate Era(standalone).

I feel like the over-arching story of CD with the hong meng universe is a dead end since it already has 3 universe controllers, it wouldn't make sense for IET to make more MC for that only to end up inferior to the earlier mcs of Coiling Dragon,Stellar Transformations.

10. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually feel a bit sad, the chaos has so much potential to it i hope next stuff from him can actually be inthe same setting but with characters exploring the chaos,it would be even interesting if MC was a already a heavenly dao realm or something going to the Chaos, i just think that the end didnt feel much xianxia to me,maybe its because all of the ones iread the mc have become absolute in the places he can go unless he is somewhat chained to a place

11. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    It will probably be another mc from another universe/realm, since it was introduced that there were other places like the three realms.

While i was reading that chapter, i thought it odd how long it was.

You should read spiritual attainment of ming he.

It's a good novel in my opinion, although the translation can be a bit crappy but it's at a level where you can read it.

Sad thing is that it's stopped translation at webnovel, though that was months ago(last year) so idk if the translation continued.

The story is about an mc who reincarnated sort of onto the three realms as patriarch blood sea.

Last time i read it, it was already beyond the three realms. It was like a battlefield of sorts of epochs.

EDIT: i just went on novelupdates to check on it and it said it was dropped in country of origin.

nevertheless, you can still read the story up to the latest chapter translated since it already went beyond the three realms.

12. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's becuase people believes that mc should be strongest in their universe . I for a change welcome this. There should be proper closure to story.
    The reason for not being the strongest is listed in ending of coiling dragon and steller transformations believing they all exist in same multiverse.

13. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    For this particular case, it wasn't per se about the mc being the strongest novelwise(although he is the strongest in the 3 realms, he isn't novelwise as there are people above his realm and it was hinted that there was more beyond the known realms).

It was more on the fact that there were things introduced into the novels that arent explored.

Even in the three realms, things weren't really resolved. It just ended with qin yun killing a few fiend cultivators, fiends still exists so thats one plotline not finished.

Most importantly, the chaos. It was explored when qin yun adventured into the chaos and it was sort of like an introduction to the chaos and its various other realms with its various strong cultivators.

To me it just felt like IET just abruptly ended it that way and justified it.

pkhyber likes this.
  14. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I actually have not read it. Was really boring and IET stories are repetitive and follow same atmosphere . As for being not the strongest and other unreveald stuff same was the case with swallowed star(as I have heard).
    IET is also not known for great endings.

15. dweenator

Reading List:
    Link
    iet may not be the best author for CN novels.

but he was the first cn author i read about(coiling dragon) and to me, he is like a veteran.

so even if he has crappy endings, at the very least, i expect any novel i read from him will be resolved/finished.

Unlike mad snail who just kind of dropped TDG.

also the reason why i don't read 'original' works since they're mostly amateur in a sense that they dont do it full time so the likelihood of dropping them is very high. almost 80% of works i read in royalroadl are unfinished.

16. EnuoFH

EnuoFH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know about this kind of ending being crappy on xianxia, since the ending will pretty much be the MC becoming the strongest or something it only depends on what happens overall, IET its definetly not the best and people may think he is overrated but he is sure still better than a lot of other authors out there

17. CKtalon_TMW

CKtalon_TMW Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is as his master said, there's no such thing as perfection in this world. Even when they were around, the fiends still existed. Just because the Heavenly Dao realm existences leave, it doesn't mean that everything will end up perfectly. That's real life and is actually a more realistic take.

The reason why the MC doesn't become the strongest person in the universe/multiverse is because this is a (classical) xianxia, not a xuanhuan. Xianxia's goal is about becoming immortal, and that goal was met (after he survived his tribulations and truly gained eternal life). The final chapter just wrapped things up, etc.

18. Snipetress

Snipetress [Editor, Typesetter, and PR at House of Rain]

Reading List:
    Link
    It ended? :O Time to go binge read it. It's truly been too long!

19. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read almost all of IET novels out there, coiling dragon, stellar transformation, desolate era, Lord xue ying. And every novel has a unique story, i don't know about you, but i never bored read IET novels, especially Lord xue ying . I think Lord xue ying is IET best novel. If you talk about boring, for me, Tang jia San Sao novels are really boring, except for douluo dalu 2. Douluo dalu 1,3 is really boring.

20. Verathragna

Verathragna Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope there wil be a continuation of qin yun's story, otherwise this will be the worst ending hes has ever writen, there are just so many loose threads, and not the good ones.

Last edited: May 17, 2019