To people who don't get fat.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Walter vi Britannia, May 2, 2019.

1. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know do you think your parents would allow to remove your fat with a surgery?

2. Donutmindme

Donutmindme [dounut][Zodiac:Golden snake][PROcrastinator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I began eating more vegetables and less meat. I never eat meat much anyways. Also I’m a picky eater...

But can eat small small like PB&J and a glass of milk I’m full and I don’t anything for the next 5hrs or so.

3. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m the same as well. Well, not the 24hrs part. That’s impossible for me, but I can go pretty long with out food and be fine.

Anyways I’m too thin. My sis was tying my waste band and she commented that my wast is small and that I need to eat more. I’ve been trying to gain weight but I can’t seem to gain much. You’d think it’d be that easy to gain weight.

Harfang and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, 1. they want me to gain more weight. And 2. sounds expensive and pointless. They'll just tell me to exercise or diet if I every reach that point.

...why do you ask? Are you considering it?

5. Donutmindme

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s what my family tells me. Eat more. That’s all though. They do expect me to exercise but that’s all too trouble some.

Walter vi Britannia likes this.
  6. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    No i am too thin but i know someone who did and I know it's difficult to just ignore what people tell you about your looks but i was actually a little fat (2-3 kg too much) and my family told me a lot that i am too fat. Since then food never tasted the same and i got gradually thin (i also got a job where i needed to lift heavy stuff)

7. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm one of those people and I eat terribly. I have a whole pizza literally every day and live off of bread otherwise. The only exercise I do is walking to and from university (which won't be happening anymore).
    I have never put on weight from this diet, but my body hates me. I have no strength, I tire easily, and I don't doubt that I'm a short while away from diabetes or worse. I'm not underweight but it's highly recommended I put on weight and now.

My sister was the same way, but she put on weight after she moved in with her fiancé and he insisted on cooking them both proper meals. Her theory is that the food she was eating was so bad, she wasn't even absorbing the nutrients from it.

I've personally hit a point so low that I don't crave junk food anymore; I crave fruits and vegetables.

I wouldn't go dismissing all your junk-food-addicted friends, though. Some studies suggest that sugar is a genuinely addictive substance. It's definitely very hard to stop eating junk food if you're used to it, as well; I've tried going cold turkey for a weekend before, and it felt unbearably wrong for my body.

... And now, after writing all that, I want to wake up and exercise tomorrow.

(P.S. If anyone wants to try and switch away from junk food, there was a study that found that healthy food becomes desirable if you describe it the way most adverts describe junk food. Apparently the way healthy food tries to emphasise its health benefits is a mistake - getting people to eat things is all about language.
    You could also try watching some fun food channels on Youtube to get you interested in a variety of food. I recommend SortedFood, if you haven't already heard of them: they're a team of two chefs and three "normals" who do food-making battles and reviews of pretentious ingredients and useless kitchen gadgets, among other things.)

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Donutmindme likes this.
  8. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    Also its easier to eat healthy food if it's super tasty. lol
    Just a good cook is enough. I'm from a country of spices, so everything savory here is on another level with at least a dozen spices put in the mix. We've got a spice for everything.

Also, it's much much more appetizing if it looks good. I sometimes make an effort to make the dishes I try my hand on to look beautifully presented. Whether its just boiler egg or just broth. I make it look beautiful somehow, and it increases the taste for me so much even though just mixing it all up and having it allone color would've given the same result and made it easier to eat.

tak, Moonpearl and Donutmindme like this.
  9. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg true, I eat sweet, junk foods, snacks
    but I don't get fat, no matter many food I eat. I am 80 pound, never have I gain weight, only lose. Doctors told me eat much, and mom worried about me and my weight. Its stresses me lot. How I wish I was 100 pound so I can dance with happiness.

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    80 pounds? According to google that's like 36kg...
    Are you kidding me? How old are you...no, how tall are you?
    Unless you're like 10 or a midget, that's totally wrong. If you're anything taller than 5 foot, you definitely need to gain some weight.
    I remember being surprised at someone being somewhere around that weight...when I was in 6th grade. And she was the tiniest girl in our class.

11. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    I am 22 year and 5ft. I look younger than my younger sister, she weight lot (96) than me but we are same height. My older sisters and nieces is too fat. I envy them while older sister envy me for not getting fat.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have something like that...past a certain point, I don’t get fatter. I’m pleasantly and happy as mildly chubby, but no matter how much I eat, I don’t get fatter. It’s genetic. My whole family is like that. We just don’t get hungry past a certain point.:p

13. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a doctor so I don't know if that's something borderline dangerous to your health, but it definitely sounds like you're underweight. Anorexia is probably worse than being a little fat. You can't do anything about your height, but you should probably pay attention to your health. My oldest cousin almost died during the birth of her firstborn because of it. (Her family was given a choice between saving her or the child...luckily, both survived. She was quite pissed that everyone chose her life, it was a funny scene how she threw a tantrum because of it.)

Donutmindme and Alina Moktan like this.
  14. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole thread is just bait.
    I will sue.
    I want to learn how to always be a 8 no matter how much junk I eat.
    You are just bragging about your genes and your mum being a nutritionist/dietician.
    Screw you!
    You gave me false hope
    I will sue!
    :blobsob:

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  15. Walter vi Britannia

Reading List:
    Link
    How am I bragging about my genes if I literally just said I only eat healthy food which keeps me from getting fat, the type of food you'd probably not prefer.
    And I don't know how you interpreted this, but having a nutritionist mom is not all bliss, it means she doesn't let you endorse and you are forced to only eat stuff that are healthy for you. The only thing to brag about it how good of a cook my mom is that she makes everything taste alright; and this is the first time I'm mentioning this and bragging about it, so I don't know what you are talking about before this.

Also, the title is "To people who don't get fat." It literally means this thread is a thread made for just those people, it means I'm asking a question to them. How is this bait?

How every single point you made is basically the opposite of what this thread is about is making me afraid that this is just going to end up in a r/whooosh moment for me.

Wujigege likes this.
  16. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people do have very fast metabolism and can stay thin even without exercising and eating tons of unhealthy stuff (I'm like that tbh... >.>).

Your metabolism tends to get slower as you age though, so this doesn't save anyone forever (As in, I'm gaining weight and I need to diet even though I'm eating the same stuff I ate all my life... >.>).

17. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    i do eat junk food and minimarket sweets, but mostly i eat my mother's cooking.
    I like fried foods, but if i eat too much i get diarrhea.
    I prefer vegetable soup over bbq.
    I eat snacks when i stay up late because coffee doesn't make me awake. Coffee make me sleepy or more diarrhea.
    Whenever i go out to meet friends i ordered junk food. Because junk food is served faster and i am a slow eater.
    I don't exercise. I am just lazy, no "but" or "because" for this one
    I like ordering milkshakes or drink with ice cream (calories!!) but I don't like carbonated drinks. Also the drink with ice cream is juice + ice cream.
    My bmi is 19.6. I wear loose clothes so i look thin. Edit: i have no muscle. Those weight is mostly fat.
    Bolded is what my friends know.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    He was just joking, don't worry about it.

Something like that happens to Ai-chan's mother's side of the family. Nobody blood-related to Ai-chan's grandfather and grandmother from mom's side of the family can get fat. While the can't be considered thin, they can't be considered overweight. Even the dudes can't get fat. They can be a bit plump and maybe have potbellies, but they aren't obese. Ai-chan has never seen anyone from mom's side of the family being obese.

There are two dudes from dad's side of the family who are somewhat obese though.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  19. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha I'm one of those that is naturally thin, though of course unless I eat a shit ton. But yes generally I can eat quite a lot and it takes me a while to get full/ feeling satisfied compared to people around me. I'm also naturally lean and gain muscles easily. Though like Ai-chan said you eat a lot, shit a lot, sweat a lot which also makes you smell. You can't layer too many clothes so outfits must be thinner or looser. And harder to feel satisfied when eating. I'm also don't enjoy junk food as much, I only eat few pieces of chips. French fries, burgers, pizza,soda I still eat but not as often.

20. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    This is relatively common... Most humans can do this especially if they are stressed by a tough situation.

Donutmindme likes this.