Recommendations All About Tactics

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by InnocentBystander, May 3, 2019.

1. InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i'm the mood for mind games. And so here I'm asking for novels in which MC outmaneuvers or outsmart his opponents, basically I'm looking for a MC that solves his problems with tactics/tricks/schemes instead of brute force. BTW sorry I don't a novel to give you a reference of what i'm looking for.

2. Hikicarl

Hikicarl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tactics used for dumb foes or smart foes?

Lonelycity likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Somehow i can easily guess he would want for both. Having something is better then nothing.

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Grandmaster Strategist

boilhats likes this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I would recommend 'Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e' but there are more novels with darker settings and schemes, so it would be helpful if you can specify more details about what you want(like perhaps, with/without romance, rutless/kind MC, etc..)

6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/transcending-the-nine-heavens/
    MC becomes for a while the "prime minister" of a country that should normally lose the war and win.
    Quite funny sometimes.
    Once he was kidnapped only to fake his identity and not show it is him the kidnapper is looking for, and successfully make him fight another enemy faction (of MC).
    Successfully poison 2 different group of people.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  7. InnocentBystander

InnocentBystander Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If i had say the type of MC i like it would more a ruthless type because they destroy their enemies in a satisfying way. As for romance i'll prefer if it had some romance but even if it doesn't i'll still read it.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will recommend these(in MC is smart and cunning relying entirely on strategy and in some he(and or she) use also strength), either way you will get what you want (a good thinking) :blob_grin::
    Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e
    No Game No Life
    Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
    The Legend of Sun Knight
    The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich
    Altina the Sword Princess
    Nejimaki Seirei Senki – Tenkyou no Alderamin
    Reverend Insanity (no romance)

9. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    I second this! It is really good. So glad this novel come back to ww :blob_pompom:

I also recommend :
    - Overlord (It's JN that has anime adaptation. Nigel-sama already translate it to the latest volume:aww:)
    - Reverend Insanity (MC start off weak, so he has to do a lot of underhanded mean. And even after he get stronger, he still do that too, and even more ruthless:blobowoevil_horns:)
    - The Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich (At first, MC start off like a standard comedic MC, but story start to reveal the hidden truth, and we start to see MC scheme too. He is a great mad schemer:blobpopcorn_cool:)
    - The Legend of Sun Knight (Legend said that the sun knight, the leader of the holy knight is a holy sun like existence, but the truth is far from that :blobthinkingsmirk:)
    - Kingdom’s Bloodline (MC is weak, and still a child, so with the people around him that love to scheme him to dead, he has to use his head a lot. So that he won't die)

I think that's all... I hope it can help you

10. boilhats

boilhats Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forty Millenniums of Cultivation in the later chapters (500+) has many mind games and battles of wits. Also MC is ruthless and there is romance but more as a subplot so that should suit your taste.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  11. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link