Recommendations Kingdom/Army/Clan/Sect development

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Matteus, May 2, 2019.

1. Matteus

Matteus [潜んでいる] [Com Fome]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I really enjoy strategy novels and im trying to find some Chinese web novels with this sort of vibe, it's being really hard to find it though, xianxia in itself makes any strategy useless because why would the MC develop an army if individuals can "destroy a city with a punch" " move mountains and split the sky". Is there any Chinese web novel with a REAL strategy and empire/army/city development? I've tried some novels with "kingdom building" but it's usually bs. I'm already reading RTW btw.
    Oh and if you know some japanese novel with this style, I can give it a try as well.

2. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    LeylinIsOP likes this.
  3. Snipetress

Snipetress [Editor, Typesetter, and PR at House of Rain]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
  6. piknox

piknox Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Snipetress

Snipetress [Editor, Typesetter, and PR at House of Rain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Meloman likes this.
  8. Horirorimori

Horirorimori Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to say this again Gu Fang Bu Zi Shang
    its got what every readers need, great minds and strategies, amazing love story, and a badass female lead

and no isekai

Hitori9 likes this.
  9. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  10. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a passionate distaste for I am the Monarch, Release that Witch, Genjitsushugi, and The Human Emperor. The first two have way too fast a pace of tech development, like an impossible pace. I feel like they disrespect actual science, the authors clearly don't know what they're talking about. The third was just ... weird, not realistic at all. The Human Emperor suffers from having a system in the novel, and more importantly, power creep and a supposedly smart protagonist all because the author wanted some weird reincarnation setup.

The Grandmaster Strategist and Tales of the Reincarnated Lord are nice and Chinese. Rakuin no Monshou is a good one too, Japanese.

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  11. OddJobs

OddJobs Daoist Spendrift

Reading List:
    Link
    https://book.qidian.com/info/1429072 3710 chaps focuses mainly on conquest, good for binge reading, mc is a strategist istead of a common warrior type. a few plot holes but still acceptable. MC transmigrated to another world no special OP powers, Basically Europa Universalis 4 map blobbing chinese novel edition.

MC never lost a battle in the novel basically called "Undefeated God of War".
    It's more similar to Overlord but instead of a OP undead MC beating the shit out of everyone, the MC here conquers and massacres everyone.

12. KinkyKing

KinkyKing Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/2917/the-great-game--the-young-master/

13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    The World Online is kingdom-building
    Mechanical God Emperor is mostly ' Conquer a region, then use it to build up more forces that'll allow you to conquer tougher regions', not necessarily a lot of revisiting of what's actually going on in those regions, but he later gets a pretty prominent place in the sect, which allows him to integrate his own forces with the sect for management and massive expansions.
    King of Mercenaries & sequel is kingdom-building if you consider that he's powerful enough to defeat some nations, but realizes that doing so would only bring too much trouble down on him, so he stays a vassal noble (very few actual duties or things he has to do )
    City of Sin , both kingdom & clan-building, but saying too much is spoiling from currently translated chapters
    Monarch of Evernight , but the translated chapters aren't there yet
    Counterfeit Hero , but translations were stopped

15. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    is this released with official translation or something because i only see like 3 chapters but there are tons of reviews of people who read 300+ chapters

16. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    To my knowledge, no. I read it and way into the sequel with Google Translated raws, and i'm probably not the only one

17. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    FeelsBadMan

18. Daresan

Daresan Well-Known CN Master

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i disagree on Release that Witch. Author has researched a lot at the beginning to make the advancement sound believable. Even Witches were solely added for technological advancement. Discrediting him of that and lumping it with average to trash tier novels like I am the Monarch and genjistsu/ Nation founding bla bla is unfair on so many levels.

Halmista likes this.
  19. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost a necro, that comment is more than a year old :blob_grin: though this thread is still alive and kicking of course :blob_grin:

From what I remember he did (some) research, but I don't think the author addresses either timescale or the limits to the knowledge of one human being. The author knowing a bit more about the workings of the technology involved does not mean he has an understanding for what goes into experimenting, development of technology or how the scientific method works in practice. Time and actually having an organically grown scientific community are essential. Another thing, the social aspects, the interaction between the new technologies and the society are conveniently simplified as well.

In short, these aspects broke my immersion immensely, but if you enjoy reading it go ahead, not judging you :blobuwu:

20. aelin12

aelin12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Golden stage
    it has a bit if military strategy.