Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :) You should definitely rewatch the PV. You missed Xiao XingChen being very beautiful~ Yi City will be in this season along with the Man-Eating Castle.

Rufi-sidd likes this.
  2. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    No i did see him in the pv but before that a news card came in saying it won't be wait let me find it
    D3YUkgxUIAAgbf0.png
    It’s pretty much covering the events after Sunshot, protecting the wen clan etc. We’ll get to see Jing Ling as a baby toosince it say’s JYL’s son is born. And the start of Wwx’s and Lwj’s investigation into the ghost hand (nmj)
    No yi city I assume since it says going 13 years later, LWJ and WWX’s journey to investigate the ghost has only just begun

So it means that probably we'll get the man eating castle at xinglu ridge where they will find the legs and the Chang sect's cemetery where they will find the torso and most probably xxc will appear in the flashbacks when that waiter told them the story of the Chang sect demise Cause they all appear in those flashbacks except maiden a-qing.........

Yi city arc will probably be the starting of season 3 where they find the other arm of course......

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    setsuna3025 and Kikoeru like this.
  3. Kikoeru

Kikoeru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that. I remember seeing that too, but I think the news card doesn’t tell everything. Like they’re withholding some story to surprise people.

In the first PV, the atmosphere in some scenes reminded me of Yi City. And in the second PV, there was a severed arm (although it may be a flashback since the background looked somewhat like a tree..)

I think the structure of S2 will be like this (I also don’t believe in the earlier news about 8 episodes):
    1. Continue from the present (because S1)
    2. Calming the arm (first PV showed LWJ in a dark place with the Gusu emblem glowing so I’m assuming that that’s the Mingshi) & WangXian journey [1 episode]
    3. Man-eating castle (JL falling out of the wall in second PV)
    4. Some kind of donghua only scene with JL fighting against a snake(?) that probably reminded WWX of JZX trying to impress JYL
    5. Starts flashback with Baifeng Hunt
    6. JK I can’t guess anymore. ;-;

The second PV shows JZX’s death but the thing is that the background is with red and lotuses. And qiongqi path doesn’t have lotuses.... WWX is clearly dreaming of the past to remember JZX because of JL, but not sure....

Rip. Maybe you’re right. They’re gonna end on Yi City and start it in S3..

Yumelien likes this.
  4. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So so many feels on the new PV. I absolutely love A-Yuan Radish, :aww: he cures my soul xD But on the other hand, seeing Wen Ning as a zombie with those sweet and sad eyes... it's killing me:blobsob: It's like watching someone hurt a puppy, YOU DON'T HURT A PUPPY!!!!!:blobangery:

Ah, I'm already impatient for watching Yi city animated

setsuna3025 likes this.
  5. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    There actually 3
    1. SU MOTHER F##ken SHE.
    2. JGY. Sorry im not a fan of him. I feel bad for not crying when he died. ( Kind of, not really, but still. )
    3. JGS, but his death was a bit to much I kind feel bad for him in a way. Even though he was complete trush worst than JGY.

I wonder who’s the worst trush JGS or Su She????

Not sure if i want to see his death. His death was disturbing, but yup he was one of the characters of whom i was waiting to die. ( season 3 im ready )

Also no I haven’t read Soul Land yet, ive only watched the donghua. I plain to read it soon though.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    setsuna3025 likes this.
  6. Yumelien

Yumelien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think JGS death can be shown in the donghua. Too much disturbing to be animated, I think. And I'm not really sure if I have the stomach to watch it. Alluded yes. And anyways, it won't be shown graphically.

7. Rufi-sidd

Rufi-sidd When the wolves come out to play!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about us watching tbh in this case..... It's about it even getting animated in the first place with just the sounds behind a dark ass curtain or anything at all..... it seems impossible you know the censor board would never allow such a scene to be animated ever

8. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hahah go read ahha its damn nice

Loverofanimeandmanga likes this.
  9. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I'm right there with you. They sent an email today saying it's on hold until K finishes her studies before college in August. No idea how long that will be.

I get that with the studies but I wished they would have told us two weeks ago instead of now like an after thought. Life happens but you have a following you have built to be responsible to and keep updated since we're all looking at you.

It's also right before the holy grail of smut chapter we have been waiting for the whole series. I would think they would have said something right away knowing readers want this chapter so badly and have been waiting for so long.

The anime should be coming out in July, I believe. There are 2 PV out for it. Someone said they saw it would have 20 episodes instead of the 15 like the first season but that's just rumor talk. No official release about the number of episodes.

10. Pierrot

Pierrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean we have to wait until August for the next update? That would be three months later... too long. If that's the case, I hope they have another another translator take over even if it's just for the time being.

I agree that they should be responsible for the people following the novel. I'm pretty sure there's a die hard fan out there who's going to pull his/her hair out after finding out about the hiatus (but please don't do it, you'll regret the bold patch when you get older XP)

11. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I know I'm going to get lectures for this and told I'm not respecting the translators but these are my points of view and I am allowed my opion. Let me begin.

They didn't give a time frame for the next release. All the email said was that K needs to study for her tests before she starts college in August and they don't know when chapter 118 will be released.

They know this is the big chapter everyone has been waiting for.
    It's a super long one too so I figured that's why it was taking longer. I think if she was going to take a break then she should have done this chapter first. It's kind of in them for getting the questions and upset readers for stopping where they did.

I have found (in my opinion from questions I have asked to understand the process of transitions since I'm still new to all this) that the translators on exiled rebels are rude. They get irritated really fast once they start getting questioned or negativity from their readers.

I understand that can be annoying and disheartening at times, but sometimes I don't think they handle it well and take things too personally and end up punishing their readers. They have said things like: the chapters will be released later now or only 1 chapter now when they did 2 a week in response to readers complaints or questioning.

Like I said above, my opinions, not facts. I appreciate what they are doing so don't get me wrong.

Here's the email:
    "As some of you know, GDC will be going on a temporary break from releases while the translator, K, gets through her end of the year exams. Since she’s trying to get the best possible scores before she goes off to college in August, she needs this break to study. I hope you all understand and wish her luck.

I do not know when ch 119 will be out, but we are not dropping out on the last 8 chapters of the series. So please stop sending emails asking if we have dropped GDC.

Thanks, Addis"

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  12. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Song Lan fierce corpse :blob_teary:

He seriously deserves better than this :blobsneeze:(but on the bright side, he looks handsome (even as a fierce corpse!! :aww::cookie:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, a friendly note about these translations, I hope people don't pressure K or EXR because translation is a very long and hard process, you may not know it if you never have tried translating something. Also, they are doing each one of us (fans) a favour. So, while I do understand fans can be impatient, but it doesn't hurt to be patient and give K(or any translators) the time to do other things as well, K also have a life of her own out there and she needs to study. If she / EXR has confirmed they are not dropping the remaining 8 chapters, then just be patient, because we will get those chapters once K is free again.

If fans is really impatient, I found the translation to GateCrashing (Part 1) Translated by Pizzicato on Tumblr (this is only Part 1 though). For Part 2, let's just wait for EXR since Pizzicato said there won't be Part 2 due to personal reasons, which I understand. Anyways here's the link to read it for those who haven't read it yet to get a glimpse of what that Extra is about: https://pizziccato.tumblr.com/post/184016492886/gatecrashing-part-1

Other Extra's can be found on @Fiorisi Directory Post here (under Novel section)

P.S: I also know that Chiaki (@Instragram) is translating this novel, so you can check her instagram as well for those who is impatient (but mind you, she's also currently on hiatus due to personal reasons), otherwise, just wait patiently for EXR. I don't think it will take up until August for the next chapter (but this is just my guess).

14. Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, at least you're not going to get any lectures from me. ;)

I think if Exile Rebel want people to stop emailing them about the updates, they need to, well, update. It's as simple as that. I'm totally fine with another translator doing the job as long as I get to read the novel.

If there's a set schedule, and they keep the updates to that schedule, readers will complain less, and that leads to people working on the project having an easier time as well.

I'm also pretty new to the novel translation world, but I think it's good to have multiple people working on the same project so in case one quit, another can continue the job. Plus, it'll also get the project done at a faster pace. Not sure how easy it'll be for that to happen, but if you break one chapter down into say, two or three parts, and have different translators working on each part, it'll be pretty fast. I did have some experience translating manga, and doing a whole chapter by myself can get pretty tiring. I also did a short stint in interpretation, and by the end of the hour, my brain pretty much needed a crutch if there were a lot of technical terms to interpret. One time, I had a partner who helped took over the 2nd half of the interpretation, and I was soooo glad. :blobmelt:

Moral of the story is, for any translators or groups reading this, the first thing is not to let down the readers (within reason), and you can get the job done in a shorter amount of time if you have multiple people working on it. I don't particularly want to compare it to an assembly line, but efficient flow is part of managing a good translation team.

15. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for that.

I learned from another person when I was trying to understand translating that I guess when one is translating a novel and some other party does the same, they get touchy about it like it's their territory.

I asked exiled rebels once why it's takes longer for FOD to be released compared to others and they rudely explained there was only one translator and something about her knowing how to translate FOD because it's Chinese characters were different from other Chinese novels and more complicated. She was the best for the job it seems.

There are several others who have translated this but chapters 118 and 124 get skipped for some reason. There was a girl on Instagram putting out chapters super fast but she also stopped at 117. She gave no indication she was dropping it but it's been maybe 2 months now when she was putting out 2+ chapters a week.

Ugh, I just want chapter 118.

16. Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the links!

I think the bigger issue is that they didn't give a date on when the translation is going to resume, so people might be waiting for it everyday and that's quite anxiety inducing. If they say it'll resume on June 15th, then at least people won't start to wondering about the update from today until June 15.

Yeah, translation can be like manual labor sometimes.

Sauling likes this.
  17. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Song Lan sorta looks like Lan Zhan in the first, Jiang Cheng in second and Nie Ming Jue in the third idk... my heart's bleeding, one from pain, and the other from bless of such artistry :blobflag: I'm not too sure if I can handle what's to come. A-Qing and XXC :blobsleepless: *soul leaves from body*

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  18. Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, when you are working on chapter 2 of a novel and another group is doing the same thing, it's like your work is wasted.

There are a lot of terms that are specific to FOD just like there are a lot of terms specific to Harry Potter, and different translator groups have different ways of translating them over to English. That's mostly what Exile Rebels mean.

Not sure why those chapters get skipped, but I hope they'll either get translated soon for the fans' sake. Maybe they're too hot and sexy for the translators to handle lol.

19. wicketginger

Reading List:
    Link

Chapter 118 is just smut and it's great. I read a sort of cleaned up MTL version so I got the gist. That's why I want a translated version so bad so I can really sink my teeth into it.

20. Pierrot

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, and here I was feeling really bad for you being a FOD fan who can't get their fix lol. Although I guess getting a taste of it but not being able to eat the whole cake is also pretty agonizing. Don't know if the manhua is completely translated, but maybe you can check that out instead.