Discussion White Lotus Syndrome is real...?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Saphychan, May 5, 2019.

?

Do White Lotuses Exist?

1. Just Jealous

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. White Lotus

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. White Lotus? More like Black Lotus!

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  4. Green Tea

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  5. Never Seen a More Real Fake

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Throw the Whole Person Away!

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. Saphychan

Saphychan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My niece recently celebrated her 10th birthday and my sister kept a party for her for the first time considering she was old enough to actually remember the occasion; but that's beside the point.

When I was younger, a cousin of mine lived with us for a period of time due to family issues. She and my sister (mentioned above) are the same age, went to the same primary and high schools, my parents bought them all the same things... they were pretty much sisters, people even think so to this day. Our family treated her like one of our own.

For my niece's birthday, my cousin came along with her second child whose only a toddler. She was just as bright and cheery as I remembered her; laughing and telling jokes, bringing up old memories that made the task that is catering for and looking after almost thirty children less tiring however,the next morning while we were cleaning up, her 13 year old daughter who lives with us told my sister and I something that made me feel pretty disturbed. Apparently, over the years, my cousin has been constantly comparing herself to and competing with my sister.

Growing up, my sister wasn't the prettiest girl but she had great interpersonal skills and she was always surrounded by friends, not to mention our parents would open our home every weekend for all the kids in the neighborhood to come by; my mom would cook a large amount of food and we'd play until sunset.

As we grew older, our parents gradually stepped back and allowed us to take control of those weekend get-togethers and as the hosts, my elder siblings quickly developed good people skills. (something I wish I had. :blobsad:)

Before the age of 15 when she came to live with us, my cousin lived closed up in her own home and was suppressed under her mother and stepfather, hardly going out to make friends and even at school she was introverted, we all knew that; yet she's been constantly telling her daughter that my sister was an attention seeker who did outrageous things to make friends and was the reason she didn't have friends at school.

My sister is a creative soul. When she was little, she hated her name 'Daphne' because it means 'laurel tree' and she preferred to be called by her nickname 'Diamond'. My dad gave her that name for several reasons:
    1) she was his first daughter
    2) her birth was risky and both she and my mom almost died, he treasured her greatly.

In school, my sister, who didn't like her name, always used to say she'd change her name to 'Diamond' when she got older, but those was just the words of a child. However, apparently my cousin, whose nickname was 'Hammer G' which referred to her compact thighs despite being skinny at the time and the first letter of her name (Giselle) started calling herself 'Jewel' to match up to my sister and recently added it as her second middle name but only because her mother refused to let her make it her first name.

On that same note of mentioning my sister's creativity, she's taken courses in hair and make up, cake making and most recently nail art.

My niece's birthday was unicorn themed. We didn't hire a planner and with her 'go big or go home' mentality, my sister pulled out all the stops for the party which apparently made my cousin, who recently threw a birthday party for her second child seethe.

At the party, I realized that my cousin's eldest daughter wasn't having a good time but when i asked her about it she said that she was fine. I was busy helping my sister run around so I didn't think about it too much but the next morning, I found out that it was because my cousin had pulled the girl close to complain, preventing her from enjoying herself and she was too afraid to say anything (corporal punishment is still legal in my country, kids get beaten a lot).

My cousin was harping on that she was no worse than my sister and even had the potential to be better than her but during the time she lived with us my parents sent my sister to art classes and ignored her which caused her artistic talents to remain undeveloped.

My sister could bake a layered cake with a 3D unicorn image for her daughter, so what, she could do it too if she tried.
    My sister could braid her daughter's hair for her birthday, do her nails and make up but she could do it better if it were her.

My sister never pursued art as a study during her school days as my cousin claimed. Although she was naturally talented and her teacher recommended it, to my sister art was only a hobby however, after meeting a guy who swept her off her feet and getting pregnant early she was able to fall back on her talent as a means to make money.

We were raised to be independent, maybe a little too much so as we sometimes find it awkward, hard even to depend on each other. My sister didn't like the idea of having to rely on our parents to raise her child so she firmly dropped out of school. Thankfully her boyfriend (currently her husband) wasn't a flake and he supported her. By taking short courses and through self-study and youtube-ing she's gradually improved her skills and is building up her own business.

According to the 13 year old, my cousin pretty much complained and talked bad about my sister and my parents whenever she had the chance, yet whenever she came into the kitchen to get something during the party or bumped into one of use during the afternoon, there was always a smile on her face and a laugh on her tongue.

Its easy to say that she's just jealous of my sister, and she obviously is, but taking into account various other things that happened over the years, perhaps my cousin needs a mental evaluation?

She tends to take things out of context and twist facts to suit her logic. She takes offence easily and cries at the drop of a hat; people disagreeing with her automatically translates to people going against her.

She's turning thirty in December and still has a habit of keeping a diary which her daughter found and read on one occasion when she went to visit which lead her to say this to my sister; "Auntie Diamond, my mommy wants to be you so bad. The woman is crazy."

When she still lived with us in the past my mom once found my cousin's diary between the mattresses and the content showed that my cousin twisted the truth of countless events and inverted black and white to a degree that it was worrying.

So, do you think my cousin is just an extremely envious, jealous and jaded person, or do white lotuses exist?

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  2. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    yup, it's a green tea....:sushi_tea:

3. Luruxi

Luruxi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tl;dr?

ongoingwhy likes this.
  4. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a white lotus is technically a pure person (basically a goody-goody). this cousin sounds more like a green tea b*tch. nice on the surface and twisted underneath

5. rosyprimrose

rosyprimrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone has good and bad. No one is perfectly pure without any fault. Anyone who acts like that is pretentious and false. Can't stand those hypocrites

6. Sourceofchaos

Sourceofchaos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay l don't know this green tea or white lotus thing but l do know that your cousin was like yang in Taiji where the middle is black while the outside is white.
    l worry about her daughter thought if her mother was like that, because to me that was some kind of mental illness and maybe someday that cousin of your can be so jealous that she started a crime or even turn psychopath.

7. ajhearne

ajhearne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just heavily disturbed that someone lives their live like that I believe that she needs therapy but if she found out that her daughter told you that I would worry about her hopefully it's just that I've read to many disturbing novels and am over reacting on a side note would you please put descriptions of each of the options for those of us that are less knowledgeable about what "white lotus" "black lotus" and "green tea bitch" mean yes the person above me has explained but how many people will scroll through the rest of the posts

8. Royalsoukoku

Royalsoukoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to be that when I was younger, obviously not as bad as depicted in novels so yea I guess they do exist lol

9. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering there are about 8 billion people in the world, yeah. Green Teas exist, and White lotuses too.

10. mumfie

mumfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my opinion, it can be that she simply looked up to her at one point, as you said, your sister had great skills when it came to people, and if she had no malice,then it would be obvious she would be nice toward you're cousin, because it's no reason not to... consequently making her want to be like her... i mean, who don't want to be nice? approachable with no glaring faults in you're personal conduct?
    BUT if her own circumstance do not allow her those traits that resonance with the heart(even if she got them outwardly), it would only serve as a reminder of her own inverted image of her own self.. thus becoming corrupt poison if truly accepted as fact by herself, so as a defensive mechanism, it's subconsciously needed to deflect, and pile upon blame of her own shortcomings for her own survival, or else, some fucking nasty consequence can follow for those around.. in other words, DANGEROUS

11. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Green tea bitches are more vocal about their opinions and attitude.
    Seeing as how the cousin is still maintaining a false image of gentleness, it’s obvious to see she’s a fake white lotus who is completely black underneath.
    She’s a fake white lotus clear and center.
    You can tell by how confused and concerned OP sounded. She never thought her cousin could be so black hearted because she was always smiling and gentle.
    This is the blackest lotus ever, even taking her anger on her children. Yet hiding it and keeping it a secret.
    A green tea bitch would be constantly complaining and condescending everyone just to make so she’ll look better.
    A white lotus hides it all underneath.

12. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes they do exist to some degree, no one is actually pure after all but whether this person has it or not is hard to say, if it’s that’s serious get a psychologist or something, we don’t know that person in real life after all, I hope all goes well

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  13. mumfie

mumfie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the emotion jealousy have taken away UNCOUNTABLE lives since the age man by jealous driven actions.. this emotion twists everything towards ruin if goes unchecked..because greed and jealously goes hand in had "if I can't have it, so can't YOU".. this is where the danger lies towards the human life

14. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude.... your cousin's one step away from cutting off your sisters face and calling herself "Diamond".

15. Meloonseed

Meloonseed sobble

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, acting a white lotus, but is a green tea.

16. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm but the biggest issue I see with this is that she’s writing “lies” in her own diary. That’s actually scary. Mentally ill type of scary. Coz when you smile to A’s face but tell B nasty things about A behind her back- well you are just a biatch then, but at least her poison is out of her own system. But in a diary she keeps stuff that’s pent up- ie it has to explode out at some point...

17. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think green tea bitches are essentially fake white lotuses, who are black-hearted inside. She may be "constantly complaining and condescending everyone" on the inside, but she does not necessarily need to show it on the outside.
    White lotuses are pure and innocent girls, but recently, the term has come to be used sarcastically, and its meaning has started to become blurred with that of green tea bitches.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  18. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit what's a white lotus? A metaphor?

Or the secret society of old men who like to play go in avatar the last Airbender?

Random lurker and kenar like this.
  19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    reading this thread........
    the only thing I can say
    reality way stranger than fiction

oh also there really good reason why elder said don't trust other easyly

anyway do pure heart cat exist? Yes
    do two face supe4 bitch exist? yes and way way more evil than fiction character I pray u never across one

is that cousin bitch or pure?
    gimme more detail
    Oh wait nvm don't wanna know more deatil cuz sound bothersome

20. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, i though i read a short novel just now.. interesting enough to be one though