Spoiler The Wicked Queen / 궁 에는 개꽃 이 산다

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by moname, Oct 4, 2018.

1. moname

moname Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone,

I found this manhwa in Vietnamese & Chinese, and learned that it is based on a novel named "궁 에는 개꽃 이 산다". The beautiful art drew me in, but the story has been giving me a mix of vexed and heart-wrenching feelings. Would anyone by chance have read this novel, and can give me some insights about the story (particularly the ending)?
    Thanks!

2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
  3. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you give link to manhwa?

Archanae likes this.
  4. moname

moname Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason I cannot put the direct link on my post (it appears that I need at least 5 posts to do)

General info: google mangaupdate with "The wicked queen"

Original webtoon: google kakao with 궁 에는 개꽃 이 산다

Chinese translation: google for kuaikanmanhua with 恶女皇后

bigredqueen and Archanae like this.
  5. lacerem

lacerem Because... I'm Batman

Reading List:
    Link
    I come here to see if anybody knows the novel version of this exist or not, but here the raw link to a free website for the manhwa.
    https://m.tohomh.com/envhuanghou
    Do you know what will happen to her?
    For those of you don't know a quick summary. I don't know the language but pictures are mostly self explanatory.
    MC is the wicked queen, she is married to a prince at 12 (ML was 17) who never ever touched her. price is in love with her but he is a wimp, who can't understand MC at all. MC was a tomboy growing up and caused ML to had some injuries and he is still holding grudges. there's also a second ML which is far better than the stupid ML, loves her dearly. MC grove up with no parental love or any love at all. when ever MC is unhappy she hurt herself or others around her.
    once she followed ML outside and was assaulted by a drunk person in a restaurant. instead of helping ML went outside. MC saved herself and cried for a day.
    he shows interest to other women to make MC unhappy. he never even showed her sympathy or tried to understand her actions. and if I'm not wrong he went and get married again.

syofiaa, Foxloverxp, willows and 22 others like this.
  6. lacerem

Reading List:
    Link
    It is been so long I remember this one. I just checked some other sited and there is a gossip that the Wicked Queen was killed in the fire at the end. Can anyone confirm this? Although I do not like the direction the current manhwa is going {author is pushing the MC with the "!"$%^&* king}, I still do not want MC to die

7. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 here! I also want to know what will be the ending. Tho I don't know chinese/korean but the art of the manhwa is beautiful. So if someone here read the novel and can give us some spoilers, pretty please...:aww:

8. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know the grovel part....like it better be a good groveling cause i'm about to commit a murder

chiri.ru, Archanae and rock.doll like this.
  9. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1 is out!

https://mangadex.org/title/36820/the-wicked-queen

I doubt it. You can read a review here that says the comic and novel are "fun" which means there's no such tragic ending - http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=2004870&logNo=221310021974

samira01 likes this.
  10. Kapa08

Kapa08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I search on some websites and yeah... it seems that que MC died or that was the intention of the author but at the end the publisher added an epilogue where her dead is unclear (an open ending?). This manhwa/novel is drama/tragedy :( at least that what i see reading the chinese translation

11. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 me too
    Sound like ML thinks she likes another man and is hurting her. I also think he is a wimp for a king. The only time he showed kindness is toward the other woman. MC is poor because she is desperate for his love and also in the beginning she had hope because he showed her attention even when she had her own weird way asking him for his attention.

Did MC mother die? Why was her parents relationship so bad ?
    Did ML marry another woman and also touch those women ? Harem ?
    Did ML regret everything ? How he treated her or finding out he was in the wrong ?(Please for long spoilers).
    Any redemption on his part ? What about the other woman ?
    What is the end ? Is it a BE for MC ? What happened with the ML and the other woman in the end ?

I can't understand anything from the manhwa raw.

Foxloverxp, willows, chiri.ru and 7 others like this.
  12. moname

moname Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I know (Chines->Vietnamese translating community for this comic), the current manhwa artist decided to change the plot (under the pressure of readers). So, we may expect better outcome for MC (I so wish that ML will repent or go through as much agony as MC >_<)

13. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel, what happened to the MC. Could someone give a long summary and also tell the relationship between MC and ML and the OW. How did ML hurt MC ? Did he regret it ?

Archanae likes this.
  14. lacerem

Reading List:
    Link
    It is my first time using the photo MTL and these is what I understand so far.
    Please seel free to correct me or add anything that I do not know.
    The Chinese webtoon scans will be on a break untill Jun.

There are lots of parts that I do not understand but from what I read, femperor is the ML. he fell for MC as a child and the second ML fell for her too. in their wedding night, when the femperor was going to the bridal chamber he saw the SML looking at the direction longingly and assumed MC and SML were in love and angered and left the MC alone in their first night and ever-since. The second woman was I assume a princess from some country that was held in the femperor's country. she fell in love when MC and femperor was still children. She pursued the femperor and attract his attention that made MC angry and she slapped her, then femperor got angry and slapped MC. MC was send to to first her room, then to the cold place and then to her family. Femperor married the other woman and took the empress title from MC. I already write about the MC's personality, she has severe abondonment issues due to neglect and her mother. her mother cannot even stand her (I still do not know why she died though). Things happened I do not fully understand MC decided to live out side with a servant, her mental status was in ruins and she is just getting together. Then the femperor decided to open his feyes, he now wants MC back. MC do not and he says "you are mine when you are alive and you are mine even as a gost." MC is having none of it.
    The places I do not understand 1. who is the servant next to her. 2. why her father neglected her, although he clearly loves her so much (he went to femperor and said her doughter is dead, so femperor should forget her). 3. who is the servant of the other woman (he is clearly in love with the MC).

15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we sure this isnt a CN novel. It really sounds like one

16. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    So, another one of very screwed up relationships which could have been avoided if they actually talk to each other? Was excited for this but now it's like not really wanting to read now.

17. Tt123

Tt123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Pleaseee I really wanna know more spoiler. Is MC really died at the end? And did ML ever regret everything? Is he really in love with the other woman? And at the end is he still married with the other woman? So when he ask MC to come back he also still keep the other woman as empress? That’s so cruel i hope he suffer like MC did. Sorry for asking so many question.

chiri.ru, Archanae and Asha7 like this.
  18. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why I prefer MC to be cruel as li wei yang from princess wei yang because she would have chained femperor, skined him alive, and let him rot all he wants....but noooo, in korean novel he will only have a slap in the hand, a "but I love you" speech, and him heroically saving her from rogues and here you go with the redemption part...THAT IS NOT SATISFYING

19. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does it have to be one extreme or the other. Personally I cant root for psychotic MCs. Only a matter if time till they turn on innocents

20. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers? How the novel ended? Did FL really died in a fire? What about the emperor and all this 2nd ML and 3rd ML?

chiri.ru and Archanae like this.