Discussion Cute shoujo novel series with interesting plot+potential

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tsuru55, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-am-a-matchmaker-on-taobao/
    Summary: Actress MC gets the power to see the future husband/wife of people (and other details) after near getting into an accident. Ch2 she started her business and get a first client. At the end of chapter, she already start to become popular. Also she got the daily task to matchmake 1 couple per day or she will lose 1 acting skill point and win 1 she does.

Loving this matchmaking plot thingy.

One thing is strange, is the CEO she will marry the guy in the car of the accident ? He seemed a responsible guy. Is he really arrogant ?

Anyway, can't wait to see MC gets more and more popular because of her powers.

2. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Humm will need to see the progress.
    Many story where they have potential but flop as the story goes.

3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. It could easily bring me despair by having ton of drama and lots of annoying enemies just like the series Uncle and girl (forgot the title) where even the girl friend of MC misunderstand ML and think he is in love with her, even asking MC to not fall in love with him.

4. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I gave up on most modern day novels unless they include fantasy, supernatural, or litrpg themes. The exaggerated drama that most of those novels thrive on just annoy me for one reason or other. *shrug*

5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    *Repeat previous post*
    There are some horrible ones.
    Did you try this series ?
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/prestigious-family-marriage-uncle-vs-young-wife/
    You will feel like puking just like me from the amount of drama this series got. Minimun 2 guys pursuing MC and 2 girl for ML (if you include the female friend of MC). Let's not talk about how MC is stupid and fall for the reason (I send you away so the police doesn't suspect me if you die after going away of my place) that ML give her. Let's not talk about the female friend of MC that falls for ML and think he is in love with her because he always came when MC was present with her, even though MC is more beautiful then her. Heck ML even tries to imply that she shouldn't be a bad exemple to people close to her (MC) but she doesn't hear/understand it as she is in a daze about him in front of him because he saved her from being raped because she was working in a shaddy place.
    ------------------
    But yeah somehow all the romance series got a bunch of drama to make the series last longer or for trying to be interesting. I just want a sweet one but it's rare. Heck, the translator of "Uncle" translated a no-drama one before (no clue about now) that is why i gave it a try, but i was totally by that and another review that said it's was really sweet.
    I am right now re-reading Martial Arts Master, number one romance without drama CN ever.

6. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would I? I'm not a fan of heavy drama oriented novels. While I can ckind of understand your confusion on why i posted, it's nothing more then me being bored and using the forums to release said boredom.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't access your reading list so i just wanted to ask. Maybe you were also fooled like me by the reviews that said this series this series is sweet or cute.
    --------------------------------------
    Try Matchmaking there is supernatural and seems like got potential to be funny by the power of MC. Too bad translator didn't translate ch3 so we see the first client singing praises to MC.

8. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    I just barely started using the NU reading list options.and have 5 folders of favorite links on the other tablet waiting to be transferred... Frankly my nu list is just full of isekai, fantasy, litrpg novels that I've noticed as they roll by on the front page xD otoh you wont find a single novel centered around a modern day drama plot hooks, and CN novels are practically nonexistent.

9. peanutbutter_J

peanutbutter_J Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah review did really fool me sometimes too.

About the reading list feature, hum i wonder how ppl here use that. I've been in NU for 2-3 years and mostly I page bookmark it as I think it will be faster.

10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    On the page of NU. On right side, under User tools, Reading list. Global settings on the right side of the orange button on the top right corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.