Recurring dreams

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Tsukkin, May 8, 2019.

1. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    *sigh* in my 22years of living in this world, i never had any problems with dreams whatsoever. But the thing is, for the past few weeks i've been dreaming very similar dreams several times. Idk how that happened, i didn't even think about it before going to sleep.

It's always about this family trip we had this year, always at night, at the same street, and there's always this hotel and a boy with the same name and similar face as my elementary school friend (first i'm not even that close with him, second we never had contact for years, it's practically a stranger now). The dreams were not always the same, but there's always something so wrong about that. Like there's a small problem i couldn't remember at the hotel lobby, or something happened with my family member, and the creepiest one is the "elevator horror scene".

So i wanna ask ya'll, have u ever experienced something like this? If yes, how did u stop it?

2. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prolly stress, just relax yourself, take a hot bath, a hot shower, etc. Whatever relaxes you

otaku31 likes this.
  3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess before sleeping you unconsciously remembering him or doing other (stress or problem related from him) and trigger it
    usually, every dream will be forgotten after wake up

otaku31 likes this.
  4. tak

tak ignorant but well-meant

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but there's someone on SH who dreamed about the same world for 5 years... His SHF name is @lazyredragon but idk if it's the same person in NUF

Tsukkin likes this.
  5. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to hv recurring nightmares about RL incidents which I would mostly classify as "bad memories".

Past events which had made me feel anxious/uncomfortable/uneasy/disturbed/scared would keep repeating in my dreams, except this time, they would always end far more horrifyingly. I was pretty stressed out at that time, so I suspect that strain to be the one triggering those nightmares.

Tsukkin likes this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mentioned it. 2 weeks ago, I dreamt of a nightmare that I used to dream as a kid... It's the same exact damn dream...

I was on a swing, looking toward a mountain. Fascinated, I climbed the mountain halfway through only to be kidnapped by those who were on the mountain. They chained me up and threw me down the mountain. Then I woke up....

Tsukkin and Deleted member 41274 like this.
  7. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    How was it to dream childhood nightmares again :D

8. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your mind is running out of ideas for good dreams.

...I can't complain because I usually dream only when I've read a really good book that made me feel an empty void inside me after finishing it. And those dreams are about the book itself. My creativity is running a bit low too.

9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    It didn't bother me that much as a kid and it didn't bother me now except for the fact that why I even dream this in the first place???

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Some say there is a deeper psychological meaning to the dreams like fear and how your life is currently. I used to have nightmares too when a kid but when I dream it again it is interesting

SoulZer0 likes this.
  11. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    My suggestion for tackling nightmares or unwanted dreams that reoccure is simple.

Once I wake up from the dream, I quickly go back to sleep as I'm usually half awake, and in that half awake state i activate god mode and shred everything apart.

Dreams by nature are a state of mind, be destroying its foundation in my psychology, I never go back

12. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I googled, trying to find out what it meant. So far what I get is I am trying to achieve a goal but then I was trapped in a situation I tried to avoid and went back down.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  13. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    ah. I remember when I was in kindergarten I always had the dream that I went home but found out that my family did not live there then I thought my life was a lie.
    I don't remember how it went off tho

Tsukkin likes this.
  14. Legendary_Exor

Legendary_Exor {Even this Turtle knows NTR is evil]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Had one where someone kept trying to break into our house through the backdoor.

Tsukkin likes this.
  15. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    the you in the reality the dream is occurring in is probably dying and is recalling moments in life that meant something desu

once that person dies the dreams will stop desu

16. Waffles2.0

Waffles2.0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried focusing on where the wrongness is coming from? (by this I mean direction) and focusing on everything in that direction.

It could mean that their was something you wanted to do with that childhood friend but couldn't do it so it has you repeating the boy because he reminds you of your childhood friend.

Or maybe you can't remember what your childhood mate looked like exactly when he was younger? so your mind is trying to work it out from the boy's face but it just never looks right so the wrongness feeling appears

Just a couple ideas

17. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Done that, really. I tried not to think of anything before sleep, but those dreams keep coming *sigh*

Yeah except for these dreams, i usually forgot my dreams after wake up

Guess my creativity is a bit wild lol

G-god mode?? What in the world is that?

Σ( ° △ °|||)︴that's actually kinda creepy desu...

No it just felt wrong, i mean the dream itself. Like i realized that that was a dream when i'm dreaming,something that can't be happening bcs this situation is already happening irl. And yeah in my dreams my fam did something that they wouldn't do irl, or something that impossible to happen irl, i can't really remember it but it just felt wrong.
    You see when i dream, it's like playing automatic version of the sims but it's in auto mode so you can't choose the action yourself and can only watch your characters do things.

18. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    when the dreams stop pray for the soul desu

19. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    It means exactly what it means. You are the master of your own dreams, the only reason one feels helplessly bound in a dream is because we don't retain awareness during a dream. The moment we retain awareness, you can have full control of the dream...

So, go crazy and blow everything up and tear it to shreds. Once you destroy the mental restrain, the dream will stop reoccurring.

20. GoldenGoddess

GoldenGoddess ^.^

Reading List:
    Link
    The only recurring dream I have is falling from the sky.