What if U.S went to war with China?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UnknownSaint171, May 9, 2019.

1. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably nothing would happen to webnovel, it's available in plenty of other countries. Dunno where it's hosted from tho so it might be down for a little while if it's from a server in USA.

2. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if that was true, the UN is beneficial by existence alone. Call me an idealist, but you've got to start somewhere.

And it's not true. It helps prevent wars, and does a lot of other stuff. I think it's got some big problems though, to name a few: influence of the large nations, a few specific countries with way too much money getting in places they don't belong, inefficiency. It's a work in progress. In this period of rapid evolution, there's a whole variety of growing pains worldwide.

Disclaimer: I don't know shit about macro economics. That aside, national debt works in weird ways. I don't think buying US debt equates buying the US. In actuality, it feels more like support than anything.

Overall you're probably right though, because China is doing exactly that but not just in the US; it's a worldwide project.

3. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    If US went to war with China, we'd have bigger concerns than what the hell would happen to Webnovel.

Also this topic...

4. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    If they go to war, I hope they stay the fuck out of my country, it's too near not to be affected and we're allied to USA.

5. Robinhood1

Robinhood1 *The Mood breaker*

Reading List:
    Link
    If they truly fought then we can have unlimited translations without needing to worry about legal issues ..

WE WILL BE BACK IN GOLDEN AGE OF TRANSLATIONS!

And some other issues here and there will pop up, which can be dealt with ... easily ...

6. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Y'know, that sounds like an excellent excuse for a war to start. At some point there will be a tipping point where China starts trying to assert its control over what it owns, and then it will spit the US, start a civil war, and we will have the a repeat of ww2 where everything starts on US soil and moves elsewhere.

LoL let's just hope that all the Chinese hardwired backdoors have been found.

7. Alb3rtoCN

Alb3rtoCN Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If China economy collapses the whole world goes with them, all the system would collapse. The debt (worlwide) is at super high levels, a war woud make it go up even more.
    This controversy just comes from the yankees inferiority complex and stupid pride and idiotic patriotism.

8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    no problem, novel piracy will become mandatory to destroy China economy.

10. Asdq

Reading List:
    Link
    In truth, all the world economy will colapse and US and China will colapse by quantitative easing, what's... printing money.

Edit: The biggest CRISIS IN THE HISTORY will happens in some years, months... idk, US and China probably will keep printing money and they will delay for a bit... but the crisis just will get bigger because this.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  11. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disclaimer: National debt is expressed in several different ways that don't always equate to what other countries do, also not an expert on this.
    The US releases bonds every now and then that serve to offset the loss of monetary value of the dollar (just one of many), and those who buy this are actually supporting the US however when the bond is due you can cash it in and get your money + some interest. China bought tons of this in bonds (and supported the US economy in several other ways too) several years ago and now they are gradually cashing in (the bonds and the rest) and getting the money back, however if they actually get the money that may cause the value of the dollar to crash (which is counter productive for them as they will be getting a weak currency), so instead of taking cash they take companies, patents, use it as a negotiating tool to get contracts to make more stuff to sell on the US, etc.

WW2 didn't start at the US nor in that continent. It started in Germany (IIRC the first "movement" was in a German radio station or something that was supposedly under attack by Polish people).

Off topic. If you want a potential economic disaster that can kick-start all of this look at the brexit, that for sure will affect the global economy.

Cream likes this.
  12. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    UN is doing a pretty damn good job to create a WWIII with all their preparations against other countries, aggroing them to prepare against preparations of UN

13. Asdq

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing when China go into war with US will take Taiwan, Korea and Japan.

14. Asdq

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, if China and US go into war we will have a WWIII and will call some contries too and again the Europe will be a great field of war.

15. Asdq

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... are you saying that UN wants a WWIII in european field to replace europeans with immigrants after war? Bad goy.

16. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL even if China goes down, the world would go into a recession, recover, and be a better place for it. I doubt the US would survive as it is, but then even that might be for the best.

17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Won't happen, modern wars are fought with economics. Well, past wars were fought with economics too, but they were through the proxy of conquering. In modern day, fighting between superpowers is nothing more than mutual destruction. So they either fight via proxies in other countries or via economic restrictions. Aka, cold wars.

That is a myth. Most of the tech made in china is simple electronics that are easy to make. Things like processors and actual advanced technology is still made in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_manufacturing_sites

There is absolutely no issue of manufacturing technology in US. Raspberry PI has shown that they were able to bring production to the UK with no issue and without increasing any costs.

The reason why most manufacturing is sent to china has little to do with actual cost and more to do with commitment. If new technology comes out, it is easier to switch suppliers than upgrade or build new factories which requires a ton of capital investment, and if you run into problems or your tech can't compete, you are pretty much screwed. But if you outsource, then you don't need to worry about being ahead of the curve, you can simply switch suppliers and make up for it with PR.

Vanidor likes this.
  18. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember the RED team is always bad and the BLUE is always good.
    See Soviets, Germans and I don't remember any other real world conflict but still blue good, red bad.

19. Asdq

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, the thing that will destroy China its the same thing that will destroy US, Europe and WORLD because they are doing the same shit and will fall together.

Edit: Summing up, remember 29 CRISIS? So, remember that we are in 2019 and the economy is many zeros bigger and this will affect all the world. YES, It's time to start with panic but before panic, just save some foods and make yourself prepared.

20. Miserys_End

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me... I ment the US involvement in the war. Sure we asked for volunteers and offered supplies but the US officially joined after Pearl Harbor.