Adventurers Guild Adventurer's Guild Receptionist Table

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by shad12ow, Jul 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    @shad12ow

After completing the special quest assigned to me, I went to the Tavern to rest and eat. While I was eating, I overheard some talk about new quests and new monsters to defeat. When I heard the word "giant", I could not contain myself...I want a mask of a giant! I hurriedly finish my food and scurried off to the guild. Looking at the quest board, I chose 6 quests - 5 extermination quests and 1 cleaning quest.

I walked up to the guild receptionist on duty and said, "Shadow, these are the quests I'll be doing today. I'll be slaying 3 Ice Golems, 3 Fire Golems, 1 Cloud Giant, and 1 Tyrant Ent. In addition, I'll be killing 5 rainbow slimes and collecting their gel or slime water as I like to call it. Finally, I'll be going to the junkyard to clean for metals."

Shadow looked over my quests before approving, "Ok, granted."

Taking the quest list, I walked out of the guild door.

I walked to the big junkyard that's east of the guild. Cleaning for metals eh? Shouldn't be difficult, just tiring. Once I reached the junkyard, I pulled out my bottle of Rhino Blood Wine. Taking a few shots, I immediately feel an increase in strength and vitality. Feeling refreshed, I began to work. Metal pieces after metal pieces were picked...broken weapons, farming tools, metal trinkets...even Shadow's broken irreparable spiders.

After picking more than half a ton of metal parts, I prepared to leave. Suddenly, I heard a loud crash from behind. I turned around and see a large iron golem rising from a pile of metal. Where did this golem come from? Golems are created by powerful mages and tinkers and used to guard a specific place. However, this junkyard is fairly recent...so who created this golem? And why guard the junkyard?

[​IMG]

Not prepared to fight, I immediately ran. Luckily, the iron golem is fairly slow so I was able to escape successfully. Got to report this to the guild.

Continuing east, I ventured towards to East Mountains. After an hour of trekking, I reach the mountain where the rumors of a sealed elemental was being held. At the foot of the mountain, I see a couple of Ice Golems mindlessly wandering about as if to guard the mountain from intruders.

Luckily, these Ice Golems also have cores shining brightly at the center of their bodies. I grabbed my Ghost Mask and transformed into a ghost. Time to go into stealth mode. I turned invisible and flew towards the nearest Ice Golem. With a swipe of my arm, I phased my arm into the Ice Golem and quickly phase out the magic core. Without the magic core's energy, the Ice Golem couldn't keep its stable form and collapsed into pieces of ice. The other Ice Golems looked around, their guards raised but because they could not sense my presence, they weren't able to do anything about it.

Smiling at these easy pickings, I continued attacking. Soon, another four more Ice Golems were plucked of their magic cores. Though I only needed to kill three Ice Golems, however, I needed five ice magic cores in order to make an ice-type mask. Afterwards, I decided to go to the volcano in the north to take on some fire golems.

On my way to the volcano in the north, I caught a glimpse of a giant plant-like stalk that reached the clouds. Curious, I wandered over. What is this? Could this be the pathway to the Land of the Clouds? Where the Cloud Giants live? I took out a shot of Rhino Blood Wine and downed it. Then, I looked at the giant stalk and started climbing. After an hour of climbing and refilling my stamina and strength, I arrived at the end of the giant stalk. It was an amazing sight. Land floating above the clouds...just like the Sky Island that the Tengus lived in. I wandered around the land until I see a giant castle with houses in the distant.

So they lived like civilized beings as well eh? Then, how will I be able to kill them? After, aren't giants just large versions of humans? I kept walking forward because I wanted to witness a giant. As I got closer, I see a huge fire pit and a huge pot. It seems like the giants are preparing a feast of some sort. However, when I looked at the contents of the pot, I grimaced...it was humans. Angry, I made up my mind and will attack at nightfall. I endured myself as I watched them feast on the humans. Finally, night came and the giants went to their individual homes to sleep. It is time to take action. I slowly crept to the guard house. I entered through a crack in the door. Looking around, I was fortunate to find only one Cloud Giant inside. The giant was currently counting his money...or rather his share of the money that was taken from the humans he ate today.

I grabbed my Ghost Mask and flew up behind the giant. As soon as I reverted back, I grabbed my Skinning knife and descended towards the giant's neck. With a stab, the knife went through. The giant howled in pain and he turned his head sharply. As he turned, the momentum carried me and the knife around his neck. Because of this, I was able to nearly indirectly behead the giant. With such a big wound on his neck and blood constantly flowing out, the giant collapsed as he tried to apply pressure to his neck. Before the giant died, I lunged at his face and removed it. With this extra wound, the giant finally died. Take in the huge giant face, I preserved it and stored it in my storage ring.

The screams of the giant woke up the neighboring giants. They all rushed over to the guard house to see what's wrong. Some were banging on the door and others were looking through the windows. When, they saw the dead giant, they immediately started to ram the door open. Realizing that I do not have much time left before being seen, I quickly looted the place...taking the coins (100 in total) and an ancient fancy looking book. Next, I put on my Ghost Mask again and disappeared.

When the door finally opened and a few brave giants rushed in, I took advantage of the chaos to slip away. Running to the giant stalk, I jumped. Fluttering down, I had to drink a shot of Rhino Blood Wine to replenish the stamina I used up while running. Once I reached the ground, I walked west towards the volcano.

Finally arriving at the volcano, I began to survey the surroundings. Walking around, I catch a glimpse of what seems to be a small newly formed lava pool. Next to the lava pool are some Fire Golems listlessly standing there. Is there something in the lava pool? Or is the lava itself something worth making golems guard over? I was about to make a mask out of the ice magic cores and then attack the Fire Golems with ice blasts. However, fearing that the ice attacks may affect the lava pool, I decided to continue using my Ghost Mask and defeat the Fire Golems like I did with the Ice Golems.

[​IMG]

After transforming into a ghost, I turned invisible. Quietly flying over to the nearest Fire Golem, I phased my arm into the golem and phased its magic core out of its body. Like other golems, without the energy of the magic core, the Fire Golem was unable to maintain a stable shape and collapsed into rocks and lava. As for the rest of the five golems, I attacked using the same method. After finishing my attacks and collecting the fire magic cores, I looked at the lava pool.

[​IMG]

Approaching the lava pool, I realized that this pool was not a lava pool. The fluid/liquid in the pool was too thin to be considered lava. Realizing that there may be something special in the depths of the pool, I jumped in. Good thing I am still in ghost form or else I may have burned to death from the very hot pool of liquid substance. Descending deeper into the pool, I see a melon-sized, pearl-like substance. I waved my hand and stored the pearl-like substance into my storage ring. The pool began to change colors and cool down...becoming a regular pond in a matter of minutes. Deactivating my domain, I ascended and flew out of the pond. Turning back into my human form, I continued to my next destination. As for the pearl? Well, that's another story.

As I made my way west towards the forest, I met with fellow adventurers who had bumped into a couple of rainbow slimes. These slimes, from what I heard, are resistant to all magic as well as physical attacks. Thinking of this, it seems I cannot attack them like I did with normal slimes in a few quests back. Guess I will have to continue using my Ghost Mask.

As I hiked deeper into the forest, I was finally able to see some rainbow slimes in the distance. Wearing my Ghost Mask, I flew towards the slimes and phased their cores out. As soon as their cores were removed, they collapsed and became slime water or as what the guild calls it - slime gel, which was stored in a jar. Each jar held 5 rainbow slimes worth of gel. After collecting 3 jars and 15 rainbow slime cores, I walked southwards towards the center of the West Forest.

As I walked deeper into the West Forest, I noticed a group of Treants rushing towards me. Raising my Skinning knife, I prepared to fight. However, the Treants rushed passed me...ignoring me. If they're not attacking me, then what's making them run? I grabbed hold of a young Treant and asked it in the Language of the Trees. "What are you running from?"

[​IMG] what i think treants look like

The young Treant was surprised by my words for a bit before responding, "There's a huge Tyrant Ent. Its taking up all the resources of the land. We can't nourish ourselves because of the lack of food, water, and sunlight. So, we're moving."

Seeing the young Treant join up with the others, I proceeded towards the Tyrant Ent. Seems like my target is here. Now how should I defeat this monster? With fire maybe.... As I approached the Ent, I was astonished at the size of that thing. It seemed too big and its roots/feet were deeply embedded into the ground causing it to unable to move.

[​IMG] what i think ents look like

"I know you are out there," the Ent replied in Common Human Language, "I had sensed you as soon as you entered my forest."

"Hmph! This is not your forest. It belongs to everyone." I pointed, "Stop taking all the resources and share with the other treants. If not, I'll have to burn you to death."

"Haha, just try it!" The Ent roared as it swung its arms at me.

I rolled out of the way and equipped a red hobgoblin mask. Turning into a red hobgoblin, I can start using basic fire attacks. Throwing a fireball, it landed on the Ent.

"Hmph! That tickles."

Seems like I need more magic power. Building up my magic, I unleashed a huge fireball at the Ent, however, it only burned off some bark. Having used up all my magic, I ran out of choices. Taking off my mask, I tried thinking of another solution. Oh! That pearl-like substance I found in the lava pool! I quickly grabbed it out and threw it at the Ent.

*PSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHSSHSHS!!*...followed by....*GGGAAAAHAHAHAAAAGHGHGAHH!!!* The Tyrant Ent burned to death and the entire 5 meter radius was burned black. As I retrieved the pearl, I noticed a black ball emitting some serious dark energy. This must've been the monster's core. Retrieving the core into my storage ring, I left the forest and headed back to the guild.

Upon arriving at the guild, I submitted my reports and handed over the items.

2. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    aca are you also a receptionist?

3. Acarnina

Acarnina  

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, just the person who blackmailed the Gm into changing the rules.

I think it's close.

4. LordOfPies

LordOfPies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol okay we need to find a receptionist. the paperowk is backing up

5. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    We have plenty just everyone tagging shad12ow

6. Orphellia

Orphellia Origin Of Unknowns | Creation's Teacher & Mother

Reading List:
    Link
    There is too much work
    T_T

Just when I just finish decimating those hindrances too

7. Nope34

Nope34 {Nope Garden's Master~}{Flower and Water Guardian}

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont forget to eat even when u busy
    *Cheering

8. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    Just where did the others go~

*pouts*

9. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    They're out catching Pokemon

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  10. Nope34

Reading List:
    Link
    Im here ._.
    But im no receptionist

11. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it the same as being in a party?

12. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.......
    Looks they will need a "lecture", later~
    *Smiles*

*Stares*
    jiiiiiiiiiiiii~

13. Nope34

Reading List:
    Link
    Why u feel so cold here?

14. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably different? The employer pay a fixed amount to the mercenary. In return, mercenary fight like in a party but doesn't get any share in loot or reward.

Not much difference, but it's there.

15. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... Let me think of something up...

16. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    *Stares*
    jiiiiiiiiiiiii~

17. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    *Stares*
    jiiiiiiiiiiiii~

18. Ldyrdy

Ldyrdy Snowfallsdown

Reading List:
    Link
    U don't even do anything..

19. Nope34

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you need from me T,T

20. Orphellia

Reading List:
    Link
    Well on the surface only

Since you are busy being the guildmaster, I have to go and handle things on the underground, you know~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.