LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't disagree that the way she acted was in character, I disagree with the reasons you gave for it.
    Things like magic and monsters have an internal consistency within the novel and there's a certain level of suspension of disbelief the reader must have to enjoy a story like this.
    The author sets the rules of his world using his own imagination, but the novel must follow those rules or else everything seems pointless. What's the point of feeling scared or excited as something happens if all anything ever comes down to is a whim of the author?
    Unless a character has been driven to a specific type of insanity, the author must never take away internal consistency within a character's own thoughts. Otherwise the character isn't a character, but a plot device for the author, since we have no way to relate to them or predict what they may do.
    A devil's rationales and reasoning will definitely differ from a human's, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Devils are intelligent creatures with their own motives and ideals, there's no reason for them to not be capable of rational judgement.
    A djinn killing a human for fun is acting in accordance to his own motivations, reasonings, and conscience, grown from their past experiences and inherent qualities. It might be flawed reasoning in the eyes of a human, but it is internally consistent within that djinn, whether he knows it or not.

A djinn who loves peace is acting in accordance to his own motivations, reasoning, and conscience, grown from his own past experiences and inherent qualities. Sure, it is less likely than the first type of djinn due to them selling part of their soul to a devil, but their past experiences may overpower that. Look at Tomer, for example.

I spent way too long writing this but I couldn't stop myself once I was halfway through.
    Tl;dr- I agree the devil acted in character but disagree with the way you argued it. Internal consistency is important within a novel, especially when it comes character motivations and actions.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Yabu, Lonelycity and viprei like this.
  2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will pause from my regularly scheduled bashing of the author and/or Hajin to point out that I feel the author has done a really good job with the characterization of Yoo Yeonha. Her motivations make sense, she has realistic (in the context of the world of the novel) mental strengths and weaknesses, and you can feel for her character even if you disagree with some of her choices/decisions. Admittedly not my favorite ship for Hajin, but definitely my favorite character in the novel.

Also I kind of like what Jin Sahyuk saw with the magnifying glass. Has a nice setup for her being the big bad for Hajin not in the sense as someone to defeat, but as someone who could cause him to lose himself. Also now that Jin Sahyuk is acting less like a complete and utter psychopath, I'm enjoying her interactions with Kim Suho and look forward to seeing how she's going to troll Nayun while also fishing for information.

Now back to some regularly scheduled Hajin flaming:

Oh I don't know, maybe because you don't let her in on key and IMPORTANT pieces of information you dense <bleep> <bleep>. She's hands down your best ally and she's your go to when you need a favor when you aren't busy flirting with Boss! The dense Japanese protagonists have started looking at what you're doing so they can take notes on how to become better at being dense.

I'll refrain from commenting on the Leraje information, since I'm still busy face palming over her.

Draksil, Yabu, Kefi and 2 others like this.
  3. NeurogamiPrime

NeurogamiPrime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im telling you reality manipulation of jin sahyuck is way way too similar to Hajin's ability to be a coincidence.
    Hajin is an asshole. how dare he complain about yeonha's misunderstanding when he is standing directly infront of her and not explaining why she is wrong or at the very least giving her any reason to assume anything other than what she said. the other misunderstandings i get because he either wasn't there when it was misunderstood or was about something that was sensitive information and he could need some discretion. but this situation makes no sense. she said to his face something completely wrong and he did not correct her. they weren't even interrupted giving him the excuse of "forgetting" the conversation.

this novel feels like the only way it ends well is with a harem, but he hasn't written this novel in a way where i feel like the characters would accept a harem ending. which is weird since his previous novel was written in a way where a non harem ending made absolutely no sense, but then went a step further and had him end up with random woman we never met in the series.

Draksil and Diametric like this.
  4. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t read this novel in awhile. So what’s happened in the latest? Anything cool or neat or good?
    Cause frankly a lot of the characters in this novel are outright hateful and boring.

5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure where you exactly left off but a rough assessment from my perspective:
    Arc I: Cube - Excellent
    Arc II: Tower of Wish - Overall Solid. Some high points, some low points but overall enjoyable.
    Arc III: Orden - A Flaming mess that didn't contribute anything to the story and none of the relationships advanced in any way. Only redeeming factor was getting some good characterization of Jin Sahyuck where she went from generic ball of hate to a character with actual personality and the ability to actually use her brain...sometimes. Overall it felt like the author forgot how to write action scenes for some reason (or couldn't be bothered.)
    Arc IV: Demonization of Earth - Current Arc (TBD). Author has set up some interesting potential plot points, but likewise has thrown out a lot of the good stuff established in the first two arcs.

So most of Yoo Yeonha's hateful points are gone and/or lessened and she's become interesting. Jin Sahyuck has become an interesting character, but half her fun is watching her get punched in the face and/or trolling other characters. Evandel is still a ball of sugary cuteness. Boss has become utterly adorable as she falls victim to Hajin's schemes. Jain's still fun. The rest are probably still as boring and/or hateful as before.

Kefi, Lonelycity and Diametric like this.
  6. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Interesting. But by your comments this novel has evolved into a borderline harem. Ugh. Male authors and giving every single thing to the females and just the MC. Where every other male is shafted.
    How’s the original protagonist? The one who’s nice and cool and strong. And how’s the spear dude? I liked those guys. Sadly they never get fleshed out.

And if you’re wandering I stopped reading during Tower of Wish. Like halfway up the tower, well more like near the end of it.

7. Jumboshrimp98

Jumboshrimp98 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally hated the Tower of Wish for the spreading of stupid game and quest mechanics. I thought it was silly even when only Hajin had it.

Hoshiandme likes this.
  8. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty much borderline harem like you said at this point. Most of the main girls have feelings for Hajin and Hajin seems to have feelings for Boss and Nayun (whose relationship with Hajin is on the verge of being fixed at this point. ...for real this time). And of course the only one who admits to their feelings is Nayun.

The main guy (Kim Suho) defeated the Tower of Wish and is now known as the Swordsman of Wish. He's about as prevalent now as he was throughout the Tower- an important side character.

If you remember what happened in the early arc where they went back in time and Hajin got sent back like a week earlier, the same thing happened to Shin Jonghak (the spear dude), except for like 4 years. So he's supposedly pretty strong now due to a 4 year training montage. Not that we've actually seen him in action, though.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Hoshiandme likes this.
  9. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    And this was why the beginning was better. This novel’s derailing so hard and falling into the stereotypical cliches.
    I liked the beginning. Hajin was acceptable. He had his reasons that made sorta sense. And he was following the plot he knew and thought worked. And it did. The whole school arc passed by smoothly and the right way. All the girls HAD CHARACTER. They weren’t instant ships and harem memebers.

And I hate what Suho. It’s literally so sad. The guys been noted and viewed as super important and central. BUT WE MEVER SEE HIM.
    This novel is going downhill fast.

jellyfish likes this.
  10. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    *sees Kim suho*
    Hajin: my greatest creation!
    *see shin jyokha(?)*
    Hajin: my greatest creation!!
    *seas leraje*
    Hajin: my greatest creation!!!

11. PedoBear Version 2.0

PedoBear Version 2.0 「 Lvl. 69 Legendary Pantsu Hunter !」

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh I give up arguing with you...
    I don't really have that much problem either, its just that... It irks me the way someone react as if it a villain acting as a third rate villain was a surprising thing...just want to remind someone that the whole thing is just a novel and anything can be reasonable provided that the author backup his story correctly....

12. Tzu Sun

Tzu Sun Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hate when we always have an escalation of the ennemies in the novel, especially when they're coming from nowhere. At this point i'm pretty prepared to have the Omni Evil Demoniac King and to have Hajin cooperate with other devils.

Anon2.0 likes this.
  13. Diametric

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this something we saw happen or was it off screen? Because I totally don't remember it.

This also implies that there was something going on between them.

Am I going senile? I feel like Hajin here, I don't remember even a single instance of them ever meeting

Edit: I just did a search for chapters that contain "Jin seyeon" and "yeonha" and I only found 3 chapters (57, 238, 252) where both their names are present, in none of which they are in the same scene.
    So are we just supposed to assume this is "Yeonha being Yeonha" and making connections off screen?

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  14. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    Who else like Kim Suho?
    I actually really like Kim Suho. I know he’s the nice guy. But you can’t deny has actual personality and character.
    I wished they actually focused on him. I’d honestly prefer watching him over Hajin. It’s so pathetic.

15. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    That was sarcastic, right?

16. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Not in the least. Hoshiandme's anti-Hajin comments are literally everywhere. They just don't like him in the least, but still read TNE...

17. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol
    It’s a guy....
    Hoshi I mean

18. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    >.>
    I didn't want to assume, so I just went with "they"

Lonelycity likes this.
  19. Hoshiandme

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I really do like Suho. I find him interesting and adorable lol. Him and the branch lmao. Best ship.

My my. I’m famous? Thanks~~
    And yes anti-Hajin. And hey! I didn’t hate him in the beginning. I just hate him now.
    It’s obvious the original story is gone and the worlds going off to shit and needs saving. Yet he decides to do it all by himself because of his own arrogance. Arrogance that only he can do it. Arrogance that he doesn’t need others. It was alright in the beginning, when most of the conflicts were like mini bosses and small time offenders. But now it’s gone global. Yet he doesn’t even ask for help, or IDK. CLUE THEM IN ON THE DANGER OF THE WORLD. He constantly believes no one is going to believe him, when he hasn’t actually tried.
    Gods I hate that pussy bitch. No wonder his real book failed so hard in real life. He’s a pathetic trope cliche asshole. Not original in the slightest.
    And plus, I am a male.

Wow. YOU KNOW ME! Lol. Though I’m a proud and loud fudanshi hahaha~~

Well thanks lol.
    I am male :D.
    Though, I’ve been told I’m somewhat feminine? I only tend to speak in a proper and a polite manner, and if that is classified as feminine I’m a bit surprised. I just do it as a part of decorum and to keep up manners.

20. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand Hajin has become a less interesting and appealing character as the story progresses, but isn't Suho a generic goody-two-shoes MC that Hajin came up with since he's an awful writer?