Recommendations Help to choose from the list

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sparteh, May 10, 2019.

1. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have gone through NU in order to find all novels with the potential (and preferably ruthless MC) that I haven't read yet. Need comments, ideas, help to choose from the list and why. Here is the list with my commentary:
    1. A Demon's Path - I am a fan of dark power systems like demon cultivation, but description implies total lack of it.
    2. The Charm of Soul Pets - up to date with translations, this is for pure MTL.
    3. Devouring The Heavens - same as above.
    4. Zhanxian - same as 2 above.
    5. The Inverted Dragon's Scale.
    6. Martial Peak - heard it has demons and monsters cultivation which is a big pro, but nearly 5k chapters... is a major con...
    7. The Lord's Empire - heard it turned into trash lvl sex novel with rapist MC...
    8. God and Devil's World/Epoch of Twillight - looks identical but racism and rape tags + setting combination kinda bad...
    9. Everlasting Immortal Firmament
    10. Death Sutra
    11. World Defying Dan God - I have seen that many people hated it, it is on my list purely based on the first few chapters.
    12. The Human Emperor - heard it turned into trash later.

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  3. LordNut

LordNut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. otoshi-god

otoshi-god "Alive";[False Illusionist]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Epoch of Twillight" i forgot the rape scene... its been too long... after chapter 100 or 200 everything changes in more than one way.

5. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 Listen to LordNut
    Not because of the repetition but because of the sudden change of the novel and the absurd pedo shit in it, also one of the worst harems ever

First off, the MC does NOT treat his harem like a harem at all. He treats the girls as objects. He even offers some of his girls to his best friend if he wants to. MC only cares about a little under aged girl

Second MC is a pedo

Third novels starts off good but then devolved into a fantasy setting novel instead of being an apocalypse novel with fantasy elemetns in it, like it was in the start

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. Braxx

Braxx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Devouring The Heavens is amazing, sadly no new chapters
    MC is arogant and ruthless and does not give a flying fuck about what others think of him. I like it a lot cuz at tleast he treats his harem good.

World Defying Dan God . Skip this one mate.
    Worst thing about the novel is how MC is always the underdog wherever he goes. His freinds somehow always become stronger than him. For example in the first 100ch even, he goes into training with an old dude under the sect. He teaches him a lot of stuff including dragon slayer magic (or force, forgot what the magic was) and then when the MC comes out , his friends became stronger than him .... wtf ? They were super weak when they first met and suddenly after his traning they became OP.

Also the harem is lacking. We all want to see the MC with the goddess and demoness but they are just a cock tease. And a dude already told me that their relationship will progress in the 3000ish chapters.

The Lords Empire - i dont know if i can recommend it cuz i just started reading it. But i was told that in the 500ish chapter MC gets a sexual cultivation technique and fucks a lot. Has a nice harem.
    But is very ruthless cuz he rapes the Wives, Daughters, aunts etc ... of his enemies

The Inverted Dragon's Scale - this us a hard pass mate. MC is pathetic and retarded literally

7. xmenghao

xmenghao Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GD World has its issues but is still an entertaining novel. However, I would definitely recommend it as the LAST thing you read if you choose so. I haven't read many of the novels you've listed, but from those I've read I'd say Soul Pets.

9. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of the Magus World - MC is evil, yep, evil muahahahaha. He will stop at nothing to achieve immortality, even killing millions if it is needed. The author never writes about slice of life or romance since he knows what you want, MC scheming, betraying the one who trusted him the most, massacring and wrecking shit. You know MC is a fucking madlad if he severely injures two rank 8s duking out with the goodwill of a few extremely normal girls and a fucking tree seed while slowly dying.
    City of Sin - Want a fantasy which is focused on strategy? Want a calculating MC(literally a blessing where he sees numbers and a second consciousness to calculate shit)? Want a harem where the girls are not copy pasted personalities? Read this

10. SayMrrp

SayMrrp 抱抱爆爆宝宝

Reading List:
    Link
    The Charm of Soul Pets and The Human Emperor are one of the best novels I've read. It might not suit your tastes, but they're what I really enjoy.

TCOSP starts out with a cold mood, but it quickly becomes more vibrant. The MC grows, but is still ruthless to his enemies. The characters are decently memorable and the MC's soul pets have characterization despite the number. Of course, some are favored over the others, but hey, that's life. Some faceslapping, but not overly in your face about it. The mysteries are pretty intriguing. MC's OP yet somehow the underdog due to limitations. His 'falling into madness' moments are pretty interesting (he doesn't actually go mad, but that's how I'd describe it without spoilers). TCOSP makes me feel intense hype and emotions, but, like almost every story, there are the duller training moments.

The Human Emperor might be my favorite novel. I don't think I'd get bored for hundreds of chapters. I'd say that the most flawed thing is that the MC never really fails and seems almost perfect. MC's ruthless, as war generals have to be, and can send thousands to their deaths (both his and enemies' soldiers). I'd say that there's almost never a dull moment as the story transitions to the next arc smoothly. Ah, be warned that there are very long military battles. They're really interesting, but if you only like stories focused on the MC's 1-1 personal fights, then you might get bored during the war. I don't like long wars, but Wang Chong whips out fun surprises and plot twists in them, so it's not boring. The MC's system is pretty interesting since we and him don't know much about it. There's a racist tag on the book, but I don't really think it's suitable. If the whole novel is about protecting your empire, then naturally your enemies may be portrayed badly. Honestly, hating the invaders for toppling your entire kingdom and causing your life to be completely bloody is fairly reasonable. The MC may look down on some aspects of other ethnic groups, but he does admire some of their traits.