Misc A fruit-flavored scratchpad for plotting (to take over the world)

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by lychee, Mar 31, 2018.

1. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds balanced! But now I gotta remake those spellcards D:

Also,

light·en·ing
    /ˈlītniNG/

noun
    a drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

yuzuki likes this.
  2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, also mention that defend (and graze?) Deal at least 1 damage to the defender regardless of the roll?

3. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Lately I've been playing One Hour One Life (to procrastinate), and honestly I feel like NUF is my favorite places to use as a random notepad. So random notepad it goes!

I think it would be cool to design a game that simulates primitive life (similar to the way that OHOL does it, but a more accurate simulation).

Just going to toss ideas here for now.

Imagine a game speed of 1 hour = 20 seconds (180X acceleration). Let's use 4 months per year and 15 days per month. This means that one in-game day is 8 minutes, an in-game month is 2 hours, and an in-game year is 8 hours. If we set max-age to 60 years, this is 20 days for a lifetime (28.8k minutes).

So how to make a real-time game compatible with real people who have real stuff in to irl?

Let's conceptualize a fantasy race of humans that hibernates. They don't need to sleep on a regular basis; just every once in a while they like to hibernate for years and years. "Hibernation" is basically the equivalent of somebody offline. Considering that most gamers would play ~4 hours per week, this is like 0.02% of real time... though I guess that's kind of troublesome because it means that most people are sleeping in the game at any given time............

Ok maybe scrap the hibernating idea.

What if instead we have a "program your character to do something on repeat" type game.

The concept would be, you log on -- set a daily routine -- then log off. However, when you are online, you can override the routine.

Would sort of need some kind of scheduler though:
    • AT TIME DO BLAH
    • AT TIME DO BLAH
    • AT TIME DO BLAH

4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be kinda weird, you'd have progressed tons between each log-in and would probably lose track of whatever you were doing...

At that point you'd constantly feel like your character is a different person whenever you log-in I think.

5. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, still pondering it :bloblove: *hugs*

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *hugs back*

7. OnceandFutureLurker

OnceandFutureLurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny::blobbunny:
    The 12 :blobbunny: Seal of Approval

lychee likes this.
  8. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay what if our fantasy species were basically tree ents or dryads?

I can have 200X time acceleration in real time, and players can hibernate by turning into trees.

But if you were to hypothetically slow it down to real time, basically everyone is walking around like tree ents in slow motion XD

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems like it could be fun, the treants would essentially be choosing which life to live among 2 possible options, that's fun~

10. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Making up some dryad biology for a potential dryad game.

Dryads.
    Dryads are tree nymphs. They have extremely long lifespans and are conventionally tied by proximity to a certain tree that they inhabit. If the tree dies, the dryad dies along with it. Dryads are known for mischievously and fiercely protecting their trees. A Dryad is born with a bond to a particular tree and they share the exceptionally long life span of the tree they are joined with.

Setting
    The general premise of this world is that the player is part of a community/family of dryads. They live in a small grove, trying to develop dryad civilization, but meanwhile they are opposed by dirtlings (read: futuristic humans) who live in smoggy steampunk cities and constantly chop down trees for industrialization.

The atmosphere of this setting is post-apocalyptic, or perhaps post-nuclear armageddon. Dirtlings are everywhere salvaging junk and leaving trash, and there are very few forests/trees. The objective of the player is defend themselves from the dirtlings and grow their own forest in a nuclear wasteland.

Themes
    • Nature! And environment!
    • Parenting and family and life
    • Civilization building and fantasy technology/magic

Biology
    A forest of dryads is initiated by an original dryad called an Pleiades. A Pleiades is always female and has the unique capacity to self-fertilize, meaning that she can fertilize her own Seedlings.

Female dryads "menstruate" by producing Seedlings (similar to how hens produce eggs), which can be planted in the ground. A male dryad must continually water and cultivate a Seedling to "fertilize" it. There is a low probability that a Seedling will grow up to turn into a dryad (termed: "awakening"). Most Seedlings will grow up to be ordinary trees.

Young dryads are sequential hermaphrodites, meaning they are born androgynous without being male or female. As they grow up, they can choose to become a male or female dryad.

Dryads have the capacity to hibernate. Hibernating causes them to return to their Tree and prevents their aging.

Dryads have a limited lifespan. They will also die if their Tree is cut down.

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking of restarting garden simulator:

Would probably call it something like "potato village" -- would be a @hiori game if I could program it

Basically the point of this game would be a rehash of the farming part of Harvest Moon. There are two objectives:
    • Don't starve
    • Collect the most luxury points (just a leaderboard)

You would start in the game with almost nothing except maybe like 300G and a set of basic farming tools. The local store sells nothing but potatoes and potato seeds (hence "potato village"). Buy a couple potato seeds and plant some potatoes. Water them and wait for them to grow. The game proceeds in real time but the growth times are at Harvest Moon speed (I think 6 days for a potato). When you harvest a potato you can eat it or sell it or turn it into seeds.

Every day you have a certain number of action points. I think 25 is a good number. Every action that you take uses up a certain number of action points.

Every day you consume hunger. You have a total of 100 HP and every day you lose 10. Eat food to recover HP. If you hit zero HP your character starves and dies.

How to get more crops? There is an "explore" action. When you explore, there's a certain probability you'll find something new. You can turn those new things into seeds and plant them.

How to get luxury points? Well, it would be boring to eat potatoes all day, so if you start eating nicer foods you gain luxury points. Later on, it would be cool to be able to cook and make meals. Always eating the same thing has a luxury point penalty. The first time you eat a new thing, you get a luxury point bonus.

Also considering a gathering and crafting system. Gather sticks, turn into a new tool, etc, etc. Maybe even hunting. Future directions though.

This is all very preliminary ideas...

iampsyx and OnceandFutureLurker like this.
  12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Testing out some commands

Game occurs on a grid (A-Z) x 10000

!register - Registers you as a player, gives you 300G, and basic tools
    !status - Gives your current status
    !lookat A5 - Look at plot A5
    !listprices - Look at prices in the market
    !buy 1 potatoseed - Buy 1 potatoseed
    !hoe A5 - Use hoe on plot A5
    !plant A5 potatoseed - plant potato seed in plot A5
    !water A5 - use watering can on plot A5
    !harvest A5 - harvest the crop on A5
    !makeseed potato - turn 1 potato into 5 potato-seeds
    !sell 5 potato - sell 5 potatoes at supermarket price
    !market 5 potato 100 - market 5 potatoes at 100G each and hope other players buy it
    !eat potato - eat a potato
    !explore - explore the area and hope you find something interesting
    !gather wood - gather X units of wood, if you've found the resource already
    !craft paper - craft a unit of paper if you have the required materials/tools for this

Traits
    • Found_Resource (explore to find new locations: e.g. Stone Quarry)
    • Has_Tool (craft some materials together to make a tool)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    iampsyx likes this.
  13. fuyuuri

fuyuuri 『 冬瓜 』『 ☀ and ☾ 』『 hibiscus 茶 tea 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thinking to use accelerated time, actually: perhaps 10 day months (30 days seasons) - basically 8 hours to a day.

Action points to recover on an hourly basis: something like +1 AP per hour?

Also thinking to have two villages - on opposite seasonal schedules - but a linked market.

Vegetable List

iampsyx likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Making it with Hiori would be sweet IMO~
    Oooooooh, accelerated time would be good as well~

lychee likes this.
  15. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Random plot I want to write down inspired by the BL I was reading.

In the year 2300, virtual reality has become prevalent all across the world. However, the phenomenon of NEETs and hikikomori’s and mental illness has only gotten worse over time. Currently, 30% of the world population is a NEET, and many of them spend all day in virtual reality.

Li Jianyu is a graduate student performing thesis work on mental illness in China. For his thesis, he plans to survey NEETs in anonymous online chat rooms to learn about what factors contribute to the stunning rate of mental illness. Because data has shown that research subjects are more likely to respond truthfully to female interviewers, he chooses a female avatar.

However, in doing so he gets roped into various sketchy parts of the Dark Net and meets a handful of unsavory individuals involved with blackmail and other things. Due to a variety of hilarious misunderstandings, various MLs of the Dark Net become infatuated with MC’s personality and start to woo him and start an enormous net war over him.

For various reasons, shady Dark Net members find out his IP address and learn what university he goes to. However, it turns out multiple Dark Net members are based there!

Moral of the story: being a catfish is super dangerous! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Working title: It’s not a good idea to be a catfish unless you’re prepared to be seafood!

iampsyx and AliceShiki like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This one is pretty nutz~

17. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    OMGGG :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: I liked your Demon Lord Pillow story concept but I love this even more! :aww::aww::aww:

lychee likes this.
  18. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m posting this one here because it’s a bit too NSFW for a public poll. This one is a BDSM-themed variant of the last poll. XD Normally I would never write about such a thing, but I already have blogs on similar topics, so...

For many years, I’ve always said I wanted to write smut. I’ve never been able to do it — it’s really weird for me — but one day I’d like to try it lol. Maybe I’ll get to it someday.

This is not a poll!

The story starts with you standing outside of your commanding officer’s door. They’re in bed with someone right now, and you can hear them having sex from behind the closed door.

This is troubling you because you can’t decide whether to go in or not to interrupt them. On one end, you believe it’s important for your CO to pursue his side life and his feelings, and having relationships with ordinary women is a part of human male behavior... but in the other end, your CO has a responsibility for you as part of his job.

Your CO has been neglecting you for a couple days, and the past week or so you are getting less maintenance than ideal. Your lack of maintenance is making you less stable — you can feel this — which could potentially go on to jeopardize your mission.

+ + +​

You are an Leviathon-class Incendiary Semi-Autonomous Special Ordinance Device (LISASOD) (Codename: Lisa), which is basically a fancy way of saying you’re a suicide bomb.

Your true form is a demon (which is completely uncontrollable and not “you”), and it is suppressed by an artificial personality (“you”).

Your mission is to train to infiltrate an enemy country, and then wait for your artificial personality to naturally degrade (it’s inherently unstable), at which point you’ll transform into a giant flaming demon that will cause utter destruction.

Your personality is completely artificial and you are aware of this. The Doctor constructed you entirely from scratch, and you are only three months old.

Due to the intentional instability of your personality, you require regular maintenance to prevent yourself from detonating. The details of the maintenance are highly classified, but generally speaking it is a form of psychological “conditioning” to strengthen your artificial personality matrix. The conditioning emphasizes absolute obedience, loyalty, and subservience to your commanding officer. It also emphasizes that you are not an individual with free will, but rather a device that is to be owned or used.

Basically, it’s BDSM.

You have been assigned to a commanding officer who is responsible for ensuring that you get maintenance.

+ + +​

It’s been a few days since you’ve last had any kind of maintenance, and you can really feel it.

Your head kind of hurts a little and you feel jitterish. You get cold sweat randomly and toss and turn at night restlessly. It’s basically a kind of withdrawal symptom, and you desperately feel like you need maintenance.

You can tell your personality is off because you’ve snapped at a few people angrily and pissed off a couple soldiers, which is very odd because normally you’re normally a very polite, meek, and gentle individual.

You never disobey orders, but the past few days you’ve been getting a compulsive urge to just not listen to what you’re told to do.

You feel yourself developing a sense of independence, which is scary because if this continues, you might not want to go back to being Special Ordinance Device — and you might try to resist maintenance in the future — but the ultimate outcome will be that you explode as a bomb if you don’t get maintenance.

+ + +​

Feeling cornered, you knock on your Commanding Officer’s door even though he’s in the middle of having sex with a woman.

He looks annoyed at you...

...But should you ask him to give you maintenance since he’s been neglecting you?

1. What would you do?

2. How would you feel if your personality was completely artificial and designed by someone else?

3. Could you ever accept being sub-human? What if you were an android or a robot? Could you ever accept your lack of human rights?

4. Suppose that your personality has been programmed to be naturally masochistic. How would you feel, knowing that those feelings aren’t a genuine part of you?

5. Would you be willing to accept your artificial personality, even if it’s twisted? Or would you rather die and transform into a demon?

19. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Plotting in progress (will update as I come up with ideas).

The ML of this story is a demon lord, and the story opens with him being on the brink of being defeated. Seeing that there is no hope for the rest of demonkind, he decides to release all of his servants from the contract that binds them to him — telling them that they should go free and live their life freely. Meanwhile, the demon lord activated a reverse summoning ritual to escape (transmigrate) to another world.

MC of this story (yes it is BL) is a former servant of the demon lord. However, he is already “Stockholm’d” from the beginning of the story, and he has very ambivalent feelings about being released from his contract. The MC is conscious of the fact that his feelings are Stockholm, and there’s no real rational reason why he should feel attached to the demon lord — so dealing with the baggage of Stockholm is a major opening theme of the story.

MC (as well as the demon lord’s other servants) are acquitted by the human kingdom for their connection with the demon lord because the contract was forced and they were taken against their will. The hero’s party immediately drafts MC-kun (and other former servants) into the effort to chase the Demon Lord across different worlds.

...However MC-kun is unsure about where his true allegiances lie.

Will he betray the heroes and return to the side of his former master? How will he reconcile the strange feelings that he doesn’t know how to explain?

20. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Story with old lady as protagonist with OP powers. Heavily themed towards mystic qualities.

Name: Ursula

Main cheat power is the ability to acquire the “memory” of things after spending an incredible amount of time with it. She primarily does this with inanimate objects like rocks.

Story starts with Ursula on a walk, but deciding to just keep walking. She walks over a bridge, but she keeps walking. Night falls and then she realizes that the night sky is different.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020