Japanese Sugar Apple Fairytale

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by SilverCyanide, Mar 2, 2018.

1. SilverCyanide

SilverCyanide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The previous person who said they had raws. They might not have seen your reply to this thread.

2. Rakumon

Rakumon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't personally asked them yet but I think the previous translation site has left some raws available. I'm currently translating a few novels, so if no other better translator picks this novel up in the short term, I'm considering to continue the translation (although I'm quite skeptical about my translation quality haha)

3. QAnh

QAnh New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

I hope this novel will get translated again...

Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Kususarin

Kususarin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope someone would pick it up...

5. Kususarin

Kususarin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Sugar apple fairytale \ シュガーアップル・フェアリーテイル ( complete at 17 volumes)
    Raw Link: http://icarusbride.blogspot.de/2014/02/random-update.html
    NU Link : https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sugar-apple-fairytale/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This novel is absolutely one of the best in there execution of the storyline. The romance is really sweet , not frustratingly slow neither overwhelmingly fast ,its perfect. This is actually one of the first light novels I have read and I've grown really attached to it ( and I feel that other people would feel the same way if they gave this one a go at reading it ).Unlike the present novels in which cliques are commen and repeated storylines( not saying all of them are bad ) Sugar apple fairy tale follows a original storyline.( What I mean is the plot is unique and refreshing ) .The last translation update was in the year 2016 and now it's 2019 . I really wanted to read it but since the translation stops at volume 2 and I don't understand Japanese I couldn't read any further .I really wish to know how it ends and hope someone would pick this one up since its been such a long time any I think it is a pity that such a beautiful jewel has to be buried and not be dug up.
    Description: In the Kingdom of Highland, a country where fairies are slaves of the humans, Ann Halford, a Candy Craftswoman, decides to purchase one in order to arrive the once-yearly Candy Fair to achieve the title of Silver Sugar Master.

( the plot differs in each volume .This is the plot of the first volume From what I know after volume 2 each volume has a cliffhanger which is then continued in the next volume which makes it more interesting )

I really hope someone will pick this up. Sorry for sounding so desperate...the thing is though shameful it may sound , I am really desperate.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    thesunsetlimit likes this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    the image is broken...

[​IMG]

7. Kususarin

Kususarin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah ..well I was struggling because it said to put the link .I'm sorry I don't know how to correct it :unsure:.Though the image appeared when I clicked to reply
    Can you try long pressing it and clicking "open image in new tab" .

8. BlobSnow

BlobSnow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob appear:
    :blob gasp:
    :blob interested:
    :blob approve:
    :blobsnow:

9. thousandautumnleaves

thousandautumnleaves Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Would love to have this translated too... this thing about slavery sounds awful but the story is not as awkward as it sounds. Probably because the MC is a very open-minded person. A big must read for shoujo adventure fans.

10. Udanzzy

Udanzzy New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also love to see this work translated. I hope someone is encouraged to retake it. I really enjoyed the story so far.

11. AplCina

AplCina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the manga ages ago but I can't forget it, since I wished it was longer. Does anyone know how it will end? Since the light novel translations stop I'm curious if anyone will pick this up:blob_teary:. But if that is unlikely I just wanna know the ending to satisfy my curiosity. :aww:

12. Dandanmein

Dandanmein Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there any digital text (able to copy & paste onto a Google doc) versions available? I can only find scanned pages of the actual book and I hate TLing from a picture :(

13. skillet

skillet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone interested: this novel has been picked up recently by Yen Press and has official English translations now! First volume has already come out this October, second volume due to be out by January 2023, and hopefully the third volume will be soon to follow :))) otherwise I would've also considered picking this up, though those image-based raws did look brutal to go through haha

Nonon likes this.
  14. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler page for this novel?

15. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, they dropped it almost 6 years ago but I found the picture of volume 4 from them in a different webpage.
    Vol 4 pictures - . The Silver Sugar Master and the Green Workshop.
    https://aquascans.tumblr.com/post/52736999411/sugar-apple-fairy-tale-vol4-the-silver-sugar/amp

but you can see MTL of vol1 and 2 available
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/sugar-apple-fairytale/

their partner icarus brides that was doing the translation no longer is available .

VOL 2 is about:
    Winter has arrived in the Kingdom of Highland, and Anne Halford, aspiring Silver Sugar Master, is struggling to make ends meet. Barely scraping by with her earnings, Anne is worrying about securing lodging for the upcoming holidays when she hears exciting news. The Duke of Philax will award an extraordinary amount of money to whoever makes the best sugar candy according to his wishes! Anne immediately jumps at the opportunity but finds herself competing against Jonas. The Duke is notoriously difficult to please. Jonas as always is a thief get the wing of Anne's fairy (Mythril Lid Podl) and force her to break with Challe. In the end Anne was able to make the sculpture of the dead fairy while the Duke was speaking about his lost love. As a water fairy she only lived for 3 years and a half, so the Duke didn't not care anymore about his safety and let them to almost kill him. The Duke was from the same bloodline as the King, so they are concerned about a traitor as the other branch of the family did in the past.

Only vol 1 and 2 has independent story (start and end of the event). After vol 2, the plot will have a sequence in the next volume, so you should need to read several volumes to reach the end of the story/plot.
    So I'm not sure if the anime will cover only the first 2/3 volumes

[​IMG]

vol 8
    [​IMG]

Kiss on Vol 11 - Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Vol.11. The Silver Sugar Master and the Golden Cocoon pictures...
    https://maclovius.tumblr.com/post/55714069663/aquascans-sugar-apple-fairy-tale-vol11-the/amp
    [​IMG]
    The series has 17 volumes . In the middle of the story Challe will lost his memory after a fight but he will be married to Anne in vol 17.

[​IMG]

Hi Rakumon, Did you contact Claire Lilly in the past ?
    In her post she said she had the raw to share.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  16. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    For those who don't know yet, this light novel has been officially licensed by Yen Press.

The first volume is already out, and the next will be released on the 17th of this month.

SkyLisette likes this.
  17. magfuentes

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  18. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Awwwww... I hate amnesiac plot. Thank you so much for detailed spoiler. What happened to Jonas after he's stealing Challe's wing?

(I love the last novel cover tho, Anne is so beautiful in bride's gown)

19. magfuentes

Reading List:
    Link
    Jonas got the Mythril Lid Podl (small fairy's wing) and forced Anne to lie to Challe saying she does not need him anymore. Challe left the castle and is ambushed by the Guild master. Jonas with Anne help convinces the Duke that she is more than enough to do the work and he is free to leave the castle without any remorse.
    We can see it on the anime ep7.

[​IMG]
    My apologies but he is a scumbag:cautious:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
  20. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, I hope he's got a painful death at the end