Spoiler Rebirth: Degenerate Slave Abuses Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Anuska, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ShiraAichan

ShiraAichan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First thank you so much for the awesome spoiler when was the 1st starting point for weilan luowei to get romantic
    how do luowei fell in love for weilan

2. Ezralva

Ezralva Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youu
    Oh we already in the said arc... Does that mean the SQS guy u mentioned is this Si Ming Qi Sha?? Luo Wei's current prisoner?
    I don't want that rape scenes and tortures to come soon :cry: but....even if there has to be rape scene...why can't it be with LX instead hic hic...at least it seems to me that the current LX is not as barbaric as this jerk SQS.
    I'm curious, did SQS and LW met in his 1st life? Did he also one of the ppl who LW wants to revenge? Cos why it seems like right now LW is helping si ming qi sha (if they are the same person)?

I'm already incapable to forget this story so as long as it's translated I'll keep reading :giggle::ROFLMAO:

I'm goona rooting for WLxLW intimate moments :blobnosebleed:...it means WL is the one who popped LW's cherry, no? :blobowoevil_horns: not that rapist?
    This is the 1st time i don't feel uncomfy with the fact that LW is 13y.o while Wei is 20...hence, LW is still underage :blobconfused::blobfearful: , heck, his body is prolly still in early puberty :facepalm: but oh well...he's and old man inside lol

3. Matpatpat

Matpatpat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My memory may be somewhat fuzzy but the starting point for their romance is within the arc being currently translated. Luo Wei initiates with Wei Lan and it isn't very romantic in the beginning because Luo Wei is just like "you're loyal and won't betray me...lets ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)" while Wei Lan is like "I will do anything for you. I'm loyal to you. I think you're perfect". It's later when Luo Wei realizes that he met Wei Lan in the previous life. When Luo Wei was an abused and tortured prostitute, his master threw him outside for anyone to rape and this disfigured, ugly man came and took Luo Wei. He didn't rape or hurt him but instead gave him his coat, cared for him, fed him and gave him kindness and comfort. That was Wei Lan. In the original life no one saves him from being tortured (what would have happened if Luo Wei didn't intervene at their meeting). Also, all shadow guards have a drug in their body that if you don't take causes their body to deteriorate. After his torture he's kicked out and his body breaks down and he ends up a beggar who is horribly disfigured. When Luo Wei realizes that the only man who was kind to him in his past was Wei Lan it's like "I LOVE YOU. YOU'RE THE ONE!"

Yes that's Sima Qing Sha :blobconfused:

I don't think they meet in the first life because Long Xuan and the crown princes plot was in both their best interest. Long Xuan kills the Luo Wei's oldest brother and cripples the Luo family. The crown princes gets rid of his biggest rival SQS. Though, Luo Wei probably heard of SQS in his first life. Luo Wei is helping SQS now because "the enemy of my enemy...I might as well use to crush my enemy." He knows the enemy crown prince is working with Long Xuan so to foil their plans he's helping SQS.

I never felt uncomfortable about Luo Wei and Wei Lan because Luo Wei is the aggressor ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Everything is at his speed and comfort and he initiated. Wei Lan comes off as waaaaaay more innocent :blobpats:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  4. RoseColouredSin

RoseColouredSin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MeatbunMeng likes this.
  5. Ela22

Ela22 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buenas personas por un enlace en chino que funcionan que este no funciona

6. MeatbunMeng

MeatbunMeng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Matpatpat Hi, it has been a while:blobsmilehappy: I have just listened to an OST from an old movie, which reminded me of this novel again and making my eyes teared up. I feel like the song really applied to the message behind the story and the characters in it (maybe especially for Long Xuan). It's called Enlightenment by Andy Lau. I'm not sure if you have watched the movie Shaolin (2011). I have a couple links for the MV (not official) of the song here: , . I'd really like to hear your opinion about it. And anybody else who might read this comment:aww: Sorry, I just need someone to gush over and talk about this wonderful novel with again:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Matpatpat, Blood A and ShiraAichan like this.
  7. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    Good ears and eyes hehehe. It's spot on :aww:! Especially for Long Xuan when he closes his character arc. It may be appropriate for Luo Wei but not as much because his character seems more "forced" to letting go when compared to Long Xuan who had his entire life and the time to naturally reach enlightenment at the end. Very tragic and regretful but finally moving forward. Music video is also very appropriate since there's so much war in this novel :blobcry: It would be very good to listen to when reading Long Xuan's POV chapter after everything finishes! To really get you into his mindset.

I've been thinking about Long Xuan, and comparing him to a lot of other "MLs and secondary love interests" from other isekai and second chance stories I've been reading. He's actually pretty compelling (Wei Lan 4 LYFE though). Balls to the walls crazy but more sympathetic, particularly because he's not the perfect black belly archetype and his character growth.

Always here to gush about this great story :blobsmilehappyeyes: still my favorite!

8. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!! Glad that you think the song and video fit the story too!:blobsmilehappyeyes: Ikr, especially the 1st video, when that guy walked out of the building at the end, I feel like that scene fits Long Xuan so much. Yeah, this novel is also still my favorite:blobhighfive:, even after reading so many other novels. I've always liked theme with reincarnations (not to be confused with isekai/transmigrations) :blob_grin:, so yeah...

I don't know, Long Xuan grabbed a large chunk of my heart in the later parts and he was a much more complicated character than Wei Lan imo:blobpats: I haven't found any ML that can match Long Xuan's character development yet thus far. There are some antagonists that can really rob your heart and there are those who can't (e.g. SQS). SQS's reasons are almost pure selfishness and greed, while LX's was that he really believed that's the only way for him to survive and have the means to give a better life for LW (even though most of the time in a twisted way, that's just how he developed mentally I guess. He is very cunning but also very naive in some aspects). His definition of better life was definitely very materialistic, except at the end, when he finally realised/got 'enlightened' about the curse of obsession and learned to be able to let go.

But my favorite character is definitely still Luo Wei, that cinammon bun:blobsmilehappyeyes: I don't think Luo Wei was 'forced' to let go (but if you're talking about letting Wei Lan go, that's a different story), everybody learned the hard way to let go, so they're all kinda 'forced' anyway:blobsweat: I feel like the time when he really learned to let go of his obsessions was when he understood the emptiness/meaninglessness of all the hatred and blood-sheds and the struggle for power. When he forgave Long Xuan, taught LX's son to let go, realising the loneliness of being a king much2 sooner, etc. (too many stuff that I can't really remember now). But his heart longed for Wei Lan still until the very end...:blob_teary: I wish I could wipe my memory and reread this masterpiece again:blobsad:

Wait, actually, the lines "If it's fate, no matter how bitter life can be, it will still feel sweet/content. If it's not fated, then just bury this love in your heart" totally fit Luo Wei, no matter what kind of hardships, the time spent with Wei Lan was the sweetest time in both of his lives (or maybe three?:blobwink:). And when their fate was severed, his love was buried in the deepest part of his heart.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    Varsha0907, alexfilia and Blood A like this.
  9. Da Xiao Jie

Da Xiao Jie ѕмσℓ ƒαє

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the incest tag to it. I wonder why???

10. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    MC and second prince are secretly half brothers.

Da Xiao Jie likes this.
  11. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    The second prince and MC were indeed half brothers and did have feelings for the other at different points of time, but that's kinda it, they've never slept with each other. The MC's parents though @Matpatpat ,
    wasn't the emperor and the MC's mother half-siblings? Or were they father and daughter? I can't really remember. But I know that they're definitely closely blood related.

Matpatpat likes this.
  12. Matpatpat

Reading List:
    Link
    They weren’t blood related. I think you might be thinking they’re related because she was supposed to marry the Emperor’s cousin and the Emperor stole her? It was confusing putting together the connections when the Emperor was talking about their history. That or you might be mixing this story with Wei Yang (if you read it), which I sometimes do since they’re both well written historical second chances lol

MeatbunMeng likes this.
  13. MeatbunMeng

Reading List:
    Link
    I must have remembered it wrong then:blobpats:. I need to reread it again once the translation is finished... which will take ages still:blobcry:. I thought that was one of the reason the queen dowager hated her and LW so much.

Blood A likes this.
  14. chisylle

chisylle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fearful of the withdrawal syndrome after finishing the translated chapters.

MeatbunMeng, Matpatpat and Blood A like this.
  15. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    so much angst in this novel. So what did the empress dowager do to Luo Wei?

16. Namilovesgo

Namilovesgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is so much tragedy and sufferings especially to MC.
    Spoiler

Ok so It's like this,
    1. There will be really rape and so much brutal. I could not even read it. There will be another emperor who will start to like MC and grow obsessively. MC will become some royal hostage type to that another emperor (because of Long Xuan) and then he gets raped on first sight, locked in a room with no light. I think that emperor wanted MC to become mental to keep him all to himself all that.
    2. And emperor will also send someone who looks like MC to MC's first brother who in process gets injured something like and MC's kingdom will get information of MC's firts brother death and MC's betrayal and in rage MC's second brother will go to MC. In meantime they will MC's circumstances and make it like he was living in full luxury so MC's SB seeing this throw whatever curses and leave him there. MC previosly injured of rape and also burned (his left arm maybe) tries to kill emperor and in process gets severously injured. But after some time there will be a fire and MC will get rescued by his guard.. I forgot his name... and they will go to his hometown I think the name was yuan something.
    3. But LX will find them and brings MC back.
    4. LX have already become emperor and Previous emperor is because he got the information that firstly MC betrayed the kingdom then he died in the fire.
    5. LX kills the crown prince and his wife. of course secretly.
    6. LX will get to know about all MC suffered but he could not do anything but regret and he regreted too. &. Lastly MC will die after watching his guard wei something living with his family as LX will let MC go after 10 something years. I forgot his guard wei... will get his memory forgoten becuase LX will feed him something but after MC dies his daughter will draw something and he regain his memory and collapses and dies.
    I think its all there is important and if there is any questions then ask. I'll try to answer."]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  17. SearraLeslie

SearraLeslie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t know where to rant about LW and LX so I’ll just write it here.
    I really wish LW could have appreciated LX more. I know they are half-brothers but LW never accepted that he was a “Long.” Till the end, the Luo family still considered him family and even LX called him Luo Wei.
    LX was soooo dedicated to LW that I was actually moved by his sincerity, although it was a very disturbing type of devotion. I mean, LW punished LX’s loyal eunuch(Fu Yun) on the first day when LW arrived at the palace. LW was basically taking advantage of the fact that LX wouldn’t do anything to him. On the second day, LW complained about LX’s male concubine who stabbed LW’s brother, and LX just drowned that guy although he just slept with him the night before.
    LX and LW were really similar.
    LX could basically kill anyone, except LW.
    LW was also a ruthless killer. He killed the ministers who didn’t want to answer him in the court, AND killed their family. Even Zhao He Nian who captured those people didn’t feel like they deserved to be killed. LW was definitely kinder than LX because LW loved his family and friends.. but to everyone else, he was definitely as cruel as LX.
    LX once said to LW, “just tell me if you want him killed” or sth along that line. I think they were perfect for each other in that respect.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Pixy and Varsha0907 like this.
  18. ShiraAichan

ShiraAichan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaah this story i'm so in love with this story if the translator didnt update soon maybe i'll start an MTL editing journey after i finish with the ugly prince

19. SearraLeslie

SearraLeslie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things got much more interesting after ch 137! Edit: I just found out someone picked up the translation! Yayyy!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    Blood A likes this.
  20. yiling patriarch1

yiling patriarch1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have completed 100 chapter and I kinda feeling bad for LX I known even hell is a good place for him compared to what LW had suffered in his past life.
    I have few questions

Did LW and LX will end up together.

Did LX will remember everything about his first life and what he did with MC.

is there have a happy ending for LX.

some brief summary about few last chapter.

THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

Blood A likes this.