cultivation realms

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by letmeusefilter, May 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letmeusefilter

letmeusefilter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am make novel
    give cultivation realm/stages names for 'inspiration' pls

i will use (probably)

bonus cookies: sounds cool

2. Deleted member 38284

Deleted member 38284 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Go study english first.

mm38910, Reak and An Anime Addict like this.
  3. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally the cultivation realms used in CN novels are taoist or something along the lines of foundation then core then nascent realm and so on but i would recommend you to use unique cultivation system as it helps in bringing out some of the reasons why the mc is so op and not leave everything to plot armor:facepalm:
    You can take inspiration from many novels out there or just create your own. The best system i have ever seen is the one in Emperor's Domination(y)

4. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang man....that's harsh. The guy is probably a CN Author that need some English reader opinions instead.

phonebinder, Hegao, Pierrot and 3 others like this.
  5. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't have to reinvent the wheel, you know?

There are already standard cultivation stages (Qi condensation, Foundation establishment, Core Formation, Nascent Soul, Immortal Ascension)

From https://immortalmountain.wordpress.com/glossary/wuxia-xianxia-xuanhuan-terms/#cultivation )
    Qi Condensation (凝气 níngqì) – also known as Qi Refining (炼气 liànqì) or Qi Gathering (聚气 jùqì). An initial stage of cultivation which involves absorbing Qi from the natural world and refining it inside the body.

Foundation Establishment (筑基 zhùjī) – also translated as Foundation Building. The stage after Qi Condensation. Once a cultivator’s Qi crosses a certain threshold (in the volume and/or density of the Qi), they’ll be able to breakthrough to this stage.
    • This term is derived from Internal Alchemy. Read more about it here. (page 25- onward)
    Core Formation (结丹 jiēdān) – sometimes left untranslated as “Jiedan”. The stage after Foundation Establishment. It involves forming a Golden Core (金丹 jīndān) by using the Dantian as a crucible and the Cultivation Base as raw material.

• The Gold Core is sometimes left untranslated as “Jindan” or is more literally translated as Golden Pellet. In scholarly articles on Chinese internal alchemy, it is translated as the “Golden Elixir“. It is somewhat analogous to the Philosopher’s Stone of Western alchemy, although there are many differences between the two.
    • More information here.
    Nascent Soul (元婴 yuányīng) – sometimes left untranslated as “Yuanying”. Literally translates as “Origin Infant”. The stage after Core Formation (in some novels). The Nascent Soul resembles an infant or miniature person and resides in the Dantian, typically sitting in a meditative position. In some novels, the Nascent Soul can travel outside the body and is like a second life for cultivators – if their main body dies, their consciousness can continue to exist in the Nascent Soul.

Immortal Ascension (成仙 chéngxiān) – also known as Apotheosis. The stage wherein the cultivator becomes a Daoist Immortal. There are many differences between novels, but usually the cultivation/maturation of the Golden Core or Nascent Soul plays a key role in ascending to Immortality.

If you want something truly creative, here's my suggestion since you brought up cookies:

The Cookie Cultivation Stages
    • Oatmeal Raisin stage: You're a wannabe cookie. No one actually considers oatmeal raisin proper cookies.
    • Sugar cookie stage: You're getting close to becoming a cookie. I mean, let's be real. Sugar cookies are just glorified lumps of baked flour.
    • Chocolate Chip stage: You've finally become a socially acceptable cookie. You're a cookie all right, but nothing special.
    • Grandma's cookie stage: Your cookies has transcended the heavens! You can even create your own legacy by passing down your recipe.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Westeller, Pierrot, Blitz and 6 others like this.
  7. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As others have said, you just need to follow the tried and tested ones (Qi Condensation, core, etc). But if you wanted your character to have a special one, here is an idea you could have, I made it up a small bit just now based on the elements and the universe but you'd have to actually develop it yourself since I'm just spitballin' here.

Cultivation name: Breath of the Universe.

1st stage - Earthly reinforcement (Reinforces the skin, inner organs and bones)
    2nd stage - Gale howl (allows for a stronger reinforcement of the previous stage(s) and also boosts speed/reaction time)

And bla bla bla. Later stages allow you to connect with the earth and universe. Think like Toph from the Legend of Aang, being able to see through the earth and all that.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The other members already gave their insights so I will just say my favourite cultivation stages(these stages are from one of my favourite MMOS, it is called 9dragons):
    • Losing Self
    • Gathering Chi
    • Opening Chi
    • Revolving Chakra
    • Raising Light
    • Five Dragons
    • Sun and Moon
    • Golden Blossoms
    • Elemental Crown
    • Floral Crown
    • Crimson Snake
    • Golden Lotus
    • Humble Master
    • Little Master
    • Hermit
    • Projected Soul
    • Dissolved Body
    • Immortal
    • Heaven's Gate
    • Heavenly Immortal
    • Immortal Spirit
    • Immortal Soul
    • Immortal Ghost

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2020
    Blitz likes this.
  9. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things I hate when reading a novel is the use of the standard cultivation system. If I see foundation establishment, core formation or nascent soul, then I stop reading. If an author can't even come up with a semi-original cultivation system, how can they come with an original and entertaining story?

I'm not the bst at this, but I think this might be a good system:
    1. Burning Qi - A stage where you remove all impure qi and also a stage that is completely optional, but will affect later development
    2. Burning Body - Another optional stage which will remove impurities and prepare you for cultivation, will likewise increase cultivation speed but totally skippable
    After this you start with actual cultivation:
    1. Qi Binding - You bind qi to your body and start to refine it, making it yours
    2. Qi Releasing - Your qi can affect the outside world a little
    3. Qi Soul - You connect your qi to your soul strengthening it and making it usable in attacks
    4. Losing Body - You start replacing parts of yourself with better parts made of qi
    5. Losing Soul - You refine your soul and start changing it and expanding it with Qi
    6. Gaining Self - Your soul and body are completely connected, and you can switch from one to the other
    7. Qi Absorption - All natural/wild qi rushes towards you and nature obeys you
    8. Qi Nexus - You become a source of pure qi, and it is constantly produced and released
    9. Qi Emperor - All qi obeys you, including the qi of others.

Cream likes this.
  10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    The actual heck. That's 23 freaking realms:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

11. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    And each divided to 12 smaller realms

Blitz and otaku31 like this.
  12. letmeusefilter

letmeusefilter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i have made my decision to rip off btth cultivation levels

thank u everyone especially GDLiZy

GDLiZy and Blitz like this.
  13. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    how did levelling work in that....Was it like each level was like a small realm? and there was like 300 levels in total or something?:notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  14. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't play the game for some time now(a couple of years), but, yes as much as it was fun, leveling up becomes harder and more troublesome the more you advance (not to mention the time it takes to levelup the skills/techniques), but honestly it is worth it, I like it a lot.
    Look here for better explanation if you want

Blitz likes this.
  15. Pierrot

Pierrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul Ritual
    Mind Conjuring
    Emotion Ritual
    Spirit Conjuring
    Musical Ritual
    Scroll Binding

I'm horrible at coming up with names. Fortunately, there's a website that does it for you:
    https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/magic-types.php
    Whether you use the names or modify them to your needs, this site is awesome to explore and play around with.

You can also google name generator and explore what they can give you.

16. Xenosx

Xenosx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not gonna list any stage names but try to differentiate them a bit because they get hard to follow if the novel has a fast pace. My favourite stage names are from Martial world.

17. bloodmage

bloodmage Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whats the point of cultivation realms anyway we know the mc will be op and be able to figth realms above his(i know what they are for its sarcasm)

18. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    or he isn't writing an english novel. Calm down man

19. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My advice: You should make cultivation realm/stages before trying to name them. Unless you want to copy and modify a cultivation system from somewhere else.

20. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can make stellar type cultivation . Blackhole cultivation which is op in my opinion. You could divide in stages like first as in sun then red giant or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.