Resolved Looking For Something New

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Sugar_salt_pepper_hot_sauce, May 15, 2019.

1. Sugar_salt_pepper_hot_sauce

Sugar_salt_pepper_hot_sauce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i'm looking for a novel where the main character dosen't have a love interest meaning no (HAREMS / NO RELATION SHIPS WITH ANY CHARACTER)

EXAMPLE

Revered Insanity
    Warlock Of Magus

I would also like for you to recommend me some Yaoi/Danmei Novels If Possible i want them to have at least 50 chapters And Thank You If You Replied

2. kurousagi4242

kurousagi4242 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Qearl

Qearl Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks at tag.

Oh so you want bl.

5. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels without harem or relationships (MCs are all single dogs lmao):
    The Devil's Cage
    Cultivation Chat Group
    The Legendary Mechanic
    Superstars of Tomorrow
    Pet King
    Omniscient Reader
    King of the Battlefield

As for BL novels, it looks like the other posters got it nicely covered. But here's some which haven't been listed yet:
    I'm Not Shouldering This Blame
    Quickly wear the Face Of the Devil
    Who Touched My Tail!
    Game Loading
    Reborn As a System
    Rebirth of a Movie Star
    Everyone Thinks that I Like Him
    Guardian

7. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries, mc doesn't want to get into romantic relationship since he wants to go back to earth (more than 800 chapters on raw, and no love interest yet)

8. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Infinite Dendrogram. basically like classic shounen manga that has no romance.
    Paying to Win in A VRMMO. the protagonist isn't interested in getting married.
    TenseiKen (I think). the protagonist is a sword, there's no romance vibe.

9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come read Trash of The Count's Family with me. The MC doesn't have any romantic relationship with anyone. He has 3 lovely children pets in the form of a dragon and 2 shape-shifting cats. He has the hero as his swordsman bodyguard, an assassin butler, a torture expert chef, a pure and innocent necromancer, etc

And if you want to indulge in BL fantasies, you can just put your fujo goggles on, and read between the lines.

The S-Classes That I Raised is something along the lines too. Though the translation is not that far in yet, there's definitely no romance for MC as far as 200 chapters in. Though he does get surrounded by psycho yandere...but his devotion to his brother (and vice versa) is quite something.

What's up with the Tragedy genre? That's one of the deterrent when someone is thinking whether to read a novel or not.

Borderline Masochist likes this.
  10. Ixcez

Ixcez Intergalactic Xanthic Custom Error Zone

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a weird turn lately however
    In that while another guy was impersonating the MC he proclaimed that the MC was looking for a wife and was very particular and detailed in what kind of woman he was looking for, which in turn has spread out and now everyone knows/thinks he is looking for a wife. I don't remember exactly what the MC said but I do believe he thought to himself that it would be okay to get a wife only that she would have to be an extraordinary herself or it would never work.

But yeah so far absolutely nothing in the romance department and while what I just wrote might be a hint to future romance in the 800+ chapters there is no real suggestion that romance will be a part of it except for the previously mentioned small part.

11. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure who added the tragedy tag, there isn't all that much tragedy in the story
    the only thing is that fairly early on the group of ppl the MC is working with and to a degree is friends with dies due to either losing control (in the story ppl who goes down the stories cultivation type can lose control and thus go crazy or mutate into monsters) or during an attack on the city. Except for that early part there isn't really any tragedy in the story.

LaDyViL likes this.
  12. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    ......I keep telling people not to make light of that genre but nope, no one listens to Obasama. She's just a cockroach lurking behind the cupboard.

13. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it was gone now that I looked at it xD

A question here for you since in Revered Insanity the MC has a ton of girls who likes him, though he never takes a wife or gf.

In Warlock of the Magus World however the MC sleeps around a lot taking lovers from time to time, and eventually even takes a wife and 1-2 concubines I believe while also impregnating an untold number of women in his clan to strengthen the bloodline.

So claiming no harem/relationships while quoting two stories in which one has kinda JP harem (though much more harsh and hardcore) while the other one is pretty much straight up harem though there is almost no focus on it. Is kinda weird o_O

14. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    Removed it and locked it out. As much as I don't like QI, there's no need to wrongly label something especially when it would be a deterrent.

Ixcez likes this.
  15. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are familiar with ctulhu-mythos or soulsborne games, you'll have an idea about the tragedy. But the tragedy here is not depressing at all, hell, I don't even want to read depressing story. The tragedy here is very beautifully written, it's not sad but bittersweet. In fact I dont think it's a tragedy novel, the tragedy in FMA is far more depressing (a father turning his daughter into a dog ? Holy potato now that's depressing)

Tbh I think lotm is not a cultivation novel at all. It's just a western novel with potions to strengthen themselves. It's no different with devil fruits from one piece imo

actually it's the magical mirror arrods that pretended to be klein that said it because klein was on a mission. I assume you read it using mtl and missed the detail

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    LaDyViL likes this.
  16. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    You just had to dug that up. Look, that wound is bleeding again :blob_teary:

17. Sugar_salt_pepper_hot_sauce

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Sugar_salt_pepper_hot_sauce

Reading List:
    Link
    I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH ALL OF YOU

19. Ixcez

Reading List:
    Link
    On the first part I find that to be more of a mystery genre or horror genre. I don't find that to be part of the tragedy genre at least not my definition of tragedy you can of course argue for a genre in multiple ways depending on how you see or define it.

On the second part I do believe someone quoted a message for me from the author that mentioned that he wanted to create his own kind of cultivation where there are 10 stages each stage gives certain abilities and during each stage you have to do specific things to increase your "power" during that stage before moving to the next. Just like in cultivation where they gather energy/qi/whatever until they can breakthrough to the next stage. I won't go more into it but personally I have always seen it like a lvl up system where you on each lvl need to gather "experience" before you can lvl up but to lvl you need to go to a trainer or in this case drink a potion.

On the re-read part I already know everything you wrote instead of being specific to spoil to much I simply wrote "someone" impersonating him I never wrote it was the MC.

It also feels like this is starting to go way of topic for this post so gonna stop posting about this and if you or anyone wanna continue the discussion start a new post or simply message me.

Night Ghost likes this.
  20. Berenice96

Berenice96 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read RI up to chapter 650 and as far as I remember there was only one girl liking FY, so comparing this novel to JP harem seems really far-fetched. Like... the majority of women hate MC to the bone and wish him a painful death. If JP harems were even remotely similar to RI I would gladly read them all.
    Edit: There were two girls in RI but imo it doesn't make any difference and we all know how it ended.