Spoiler Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu romance

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Yumika12345, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, whatever the case is, I hope Author-sama is fine, I'll wait as long as needed (I just hope I'll live through this)

Irie, RiiRu and Jukki like this.
  2. ConquerWithin

ConquerWithin Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh, I just started reading this a week ago and caught up to the most recent chapter. I hadn't known the author was on a hiatus! Do they have a twitter/insta/any social media so that they can connect with us readers? I wouldn't stress them for new chapters I would just like to know if this will actually be continued ;-;.

3. Rire21

Rire21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet all my money in that! I mean, in some chapters it gets so obvious I'm embarrased. For example, in the 'Surprise Café date', while I think it was really a surprise for both of them, he took her force and tried to feed her. He knew she couldn't leave without finishing her plate! Enjou is super atuned and keeps observing Reika, her moods and how uplift her ('why don't you sit...oh...you have a neck like a crane', or in the gym complimenting her clothes/her resembling a bunny). And since the bunny keeps being a recurrent topic and motif of connection between the two I don't think it can be easily overlooked. While that somehow sometimes backfires because Reika thinks he's like Imari-sama, I think she's being conscious of him little by little. Also, how he striked up a conversation about the sakura so easily (so honest and dropping façade to tell a horror story!! It was obvious he was having fun) and how he's always throwing her way little questions to know her interests: ('it seems you like older boys' and if she was doing a Valentine's list). The Tsuruhana incident (He meddling outside the scenes), the Wakaba Locker incident...he seems detached but even if he bullies her a little bit to her face (the spy and Matala Hari comments -those cracked me up btw) he's always working behind the scenes helping her. And the Fireworks Date?? Obviously he is taking advantage of Reika's fondness over Yukino, he was anxious to take the phone and speak directly to her.... So yes, I think he's a sadist prince and he's also working in trapping Reika in his web, since she's always running away if he were to be upfront.
    The mysterious character from the ranking list...I also noticed reading the chapter, but I'm not unsure if that was a mistake on Author's part (seems unlikely), a possible joker character or simply background foil. At this point I doubt they're the hidden ML. In any case, I think they might be Enjou's possible Stalker Horse for Reika. I think that Masaya and Arima cannot occupy that place since at this point they seem more like good friends to Reika like Satoshi or Takumi.

4. Rire21

Rire21 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it may have been that they had broken up. Kasumi and Tomoe were famous as a Romeo and Juliet relationship. I think that Oniisama was acting as a Siscon to avoid Reika for rekindling that crush. The other theory about the engagement is a lot kinder and more generous, I like it.

kcinara, Aeiru28 and Jukki like this.
  5. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will re-read the translated chapters a third time, but chapter 300 still won't come out. :cry::cry:

6. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wahhhhhh I just finished reading up to the latest, c299, why's the author on hiatus? ( ;∀;)

7. Nis

Nis Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait.... I can only read upto 228 where did you read the rest chapters please send the link

8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think anyone really knows. I've heard it said that the writer is from a rich family as "Kenkyo" is by far the most popular webnovel that hasn't been picked up by a publisher to date. Other than being independently wealthy, it's hard to imagine very many webnovel writers turning down their big break (and repeatedly at that!) Who she is or what she's up to is probably one of the bigger mysteries of Syosetsu. It's likely that she had some sort of life change so she stopped writing. We're all just hoping that it's a temporary impediment.

There's a translation on fanfiction.net. It's not as good as the one on Oniichanyamete, but the story still shines through.
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12561123/1/Kenkyo-Kenjitsu-wo-Motto-ni-Ikiteorimasu

ardills likes this.
  9. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Whoa that's kinda cool, where did u get this news tho?

10. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not news; it's just speculation as Hiyoko no kēki is an extremely secretive person. If you look at the most popular books on Syosetu, you can see that just about everything in the Top 50, and most of the books in the Top 100 have been picked up as light novels. The one glaring exception is "Kenkyo", a book that has always been in the Top 10, and usually in the Top 3. It's obvious that the Japanese publishers have been targeting all the popular books so it's certain that "Kenkyo" is a prime target. So why hasn't it been picked up in all this time? The only thing that makes sense is that the writer just isn't interested. And a webnovel writer who is uninterested in writing a light novel invites further speculation.

seikyo and X2XO like this.
  11. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm makes sense....

12. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ara? I've only known about this! But Kenkyo is a really good novel, so I had been thinking it got published, but it's not? Hum...

13. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep coming back here just to check if Reika is finally leaving the single village

14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    If it is that popular then I wish they adapt it into manga already T^T

15. ToastedRossi

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a whole lot can be done if the writer isn't interested. There's a theory that she comes from a rich family so she doesn't care about the money.

16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I read all of those posts earlier T^T

17. Kumarae

Kumarae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be honest, I kinda afraid because I’m already disappointed with some novel into manga because their artwork isn’t what I expect or they have cut too much important info like plot wise or cut any moment between characters.

But again, I would love to see adorable artwork.

kiara8 likes this.
  18. Ninilia

Ninilia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you, most of the time, the story becomes kinda rushed and makes no sense, but I understand that's kinda art of the medium.

19. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention the cover page of this novel is so shoujo-ish

20. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair the cover page isn't official, it's just a fanart selected by Estelion for NU iirc

Herochan, Mino Micha and kiara8 like this.