Discussion Absurd Nonsense

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Evil_Ginger, May 15, 2019.

1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    So apparently, this is a legit representation that certain institutions use to explain their ideology but so many things are wrong with this picture and it has nothing to do with whatever you believe in. This thread is merely a rant on people using completely unrelated scenarios to explain or justify their way of thinking when it has no need to be there.

So here is the picture.

IISC_EqualityEquity_50.png

First off, why be in this situation in the first place?! You are in danger of getting hit by a home run more easily this way, right?! Not to mention, you wouldn't have this problem had you sat in the bleachers. Heck, there are usually areas for people to stand and watch just at the base of the bleachers!! Why talk about equality and equity when you can't even afford tickets into a game?! Just watch it at a friend's house or something!! That is, assuming this is actually a stadium that you have to pay in order to watch a game. Usually, those kinds of stadiums are blocked on all sides to stop this, right?!

Second, who is distributing these boxes?! Are you saying the Dad, I assume the adult is the dad, would be so rude as to not let his own kids watch the game?! And if this was such an issue, you could always let the youngest sit on your shoulders, dad!! You are a terrible father!!

And lastly, are we really going to assume this is a perfectly normal situation to use? Usually, when regarding the terms Equality and Equity, aren't we talking about resources and and such? Are boxes such a good example? Is using a family a good example? After all, these kids are using the dad's resources (if not just some random boxes sitting around)! This is a completely absurd and nonsensical example!

This was on an institution's website! What a shallow and faulty thing to use as your call to arms or propaganda! If it is something so flimsy, your cause will seem equally so!

Can anyone else think of a group/person using something just as ridiculous to stand behind? Are there other issues you can spot in this image? (just the image, I don't want to talk about the concepts stated within)

LittleFox21, Beltran, Nurman and 5 others like this.
  2. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait till you hear about trickle down economics

Blitz, Zone Q11, Donutmindme and 7 others like this.
  3. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    It's a metaphor.
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

anyudr, mir, Donutmindme and 7 others like this.
  4. listener

listener Tony's Friend

Reading List:
    Link
    there's no flat or plot in the image, they need learning it from Japan

Edit : there's no pantsu either

Evil_Ginger and leegood like this.
  5. Lil K.O

Lil K.O [Loki]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about you guys but that guy is way to tall, it's just not fair for those kids
    We should just cut his legs so he can match their height
    There true equality

6. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you are looking at this from an entirely incorrect perspective. The image is trying to convey the concept of equity and equality, while you are looking at the logic behind the actions that would lead to either equity and equality. Also, it's a cartoon, not a real situation, people create unrealistic situations all the time to make them more interesting.

mir, Zone Q11, Donutmindme and 3 others like this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Using something just as ridiculous to stand behind?
    :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:
    I am one of those people who waits till a movie comes online and watch it from behind the PC screen like now I was watching Code Geass: Lelouch of the Ressurection movie, does that count :blobunsure:?

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  8. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All three of them are actually equal in the wrong. if they want to watch the game, then they should buy the ticket instead of peeping from over the wall.

Zone Q11, Beltran and Evil_Ginger like this.
  9. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I like that speech in "Code Geass" by Emporor, where he says equality is bullshit, all right. There was never an option that everyone is equal. See the Soviet Union all "in the name of the workforce", but the elite still lived in luxury.

For the picture all see the equality sh ** but all three do not pay for the view of the "game" where is the justice there? Everyone else had to pay to see it and that means you can only be "equal" if you have the money yourself and not the help of others if you need dole it is fine but you will not be part of the "real equality" wage slaves just seeing it from the outside.

Zone Q11 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  10. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Sh. Only degrade the image, not the concepts. I don't want another of my threads locked.

And you do not get the reason why I made this thread. It is not about the concepts behind the creation of this image, but the use of this scenario specifically. It is an unnatural example that doesn't fit well. How am I to relate to any concept, good, bad, or otherwise when it can't even be applied in a normal situation? Why give this in such a way that it makes no sense?

There is a wonderful video of a race showing the difference between someone who grew up in a well-off family versus one that wasn't so much. The kids that had it good got to take steps forward. But the concept was related to race, which was wrong. They were trying to convey the difficulties that colored people face, but I would have to say that I would be at the starting line just like those guys. And at the very end, once the race actually started, one of those 'poor' children managed to beat everyone else through his hard effort alone. It was an inspiring tale, but one that was promoting the wrong message.

After all, it was trying to paint the life of these kids where they were being oppressed because they were colored, when in all actuality, it was because their parents made poor life decisions that affected their lives.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2019
    thepope likes this.
  11. Drakaos

Drakaos Member (Patriarch?) of the Anti-Qidian Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    A picture doesn't need to be relatable to be understandable, which is probably what the actual purpose of the image is. I am a bit sceptical about the video bit as well, but I would have to watch it first to make a comprehensive comment.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  12. Kuroguma

Kuroguma [Cyber Lich] [Aspie] [SOX][Forgotten Perv]

Reading List:
    Link
    And your rant has nothing to do with what they are trying to get a cross, it basically the same, as if my only reply to you would be to point out any spelling errors you might have made.

mir and Evil_Ginger like this.
  13. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only here because I was somehow mentioned, but apparently I wasn't?

Why am I here?

Who am I?

[​IMG]

14. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link

Meh. Tomayto tomahto
    Welcome to my laboratory mwahahaha~!

Nurman likes this.
  15. Beltran

Beltran Seafarer

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it funny that many are taking the OP so seriously. I mean, it's obvious that the picture was only the target of his criticism. :blobjoy:

Donutmindme and Evil_Ginger like this.
  16. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    As an example to replicate (or in this case avoid), the image shows a bad representation of reality. As an image to be learnt from however, the image is doing its job properly to make the meaning easier to learn.

Well then. With that out of the way... @Evil_Ginger, give me a good reason as to why I shouldn't ignore you for mentioning me in some random thread.

mir and Evil_Ginger like this.
  17. LittleFox21

LittleFox21 The Soon-to-be famous Nyatsune

Reading List:
    Link
    The situation presented by the artist shows that the artist isn't really agreeable. No point in discussing that picture.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  18. Cascadian Rex

Cascadian Rex Villain with a thousand faces | Lychee's rival

Reading List:
    Link
    PLOT Twist!!
    the Main characters of the picture are the boxes and their perverse desire to be stepped on!!!

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  19. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    From this morning we all get alert whenever someone we follow make a new thread or blog post.

Evil_Ginger and Nurman like this.
  20. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh... I gotta change that then.
    --but how come it says I was mentioned instead of "Evil_Ginger has made a new thread"?

Evil_Ginger likes this.