Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If only there was much to re-read there. :blob_grin:

Was rereading some Yogentei works. I mentioned "Delinquent and Cooking Club" by that author before, and in comments on dex there was mention of another oneshot with same plot idea.
    The Two of Us and Apples
    This one is part of Eclair anthology that was licensed. Quote from dynasty
    So before it will be removed because of copyrights you should at least check it, it was really nice. Especially the ending. :blobangel:

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But it's yuri or not ?
    Didn't recognize the title. *Click on the link* Aaaah... this one... Yep decent but nothing extraordinary.

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  3. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overall - questionable. In prologue it presumed that they had at least break-up or didn't meet for some years. And MC didn't even state that she at least loved Aoi.
    In 1 chapter MC was part of trio of friends (one that was married at the prologue, other was with MC). MC later became infatuated in FL (like Yamada was in Kase at start). She tried to be closer to her and that ended in accidental kiss in the end of first chapter.

So in overall it presumed that it will become drama heavy coming of age story with unclear ending.

4. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it will try to copy the ending of Kimi no nawa ? They reunite when they are grown up but we don't get to see what happens after that.

5. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about that fiction in question.

If recalling cover helps there are two trios there. With more than one infatuated with Aoi
    In first chapter that was shown that Aoi rather airheady one somebody that doesn't want to be chained by somebody or rules.
    Also from the start their situation state as not lovers and not friends.
    MC stated also in prologue that she lost much and unsure should be she satisfied in what was left. Overall situation before made her leave Kanto prefecture to come to Kansai at least and not come back for years.
    So overall there will not be sunshine and rainbows there. I at least expect Kodama Naoko level of drama.

edit: Vacation Maou to Pet by Neji had ended - it looks like she again ended series too rushed. At least they are together. Still rather disappointed in ending.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Keitaro123 likes this.
  6. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: It's the japanese name of the movie "Your Name".
    It's an 2017 anime movie. The cover/picture is a schoolgirl + schoolboy and there is a shining meteor in the sky. The plot is they sometimes interchanged their souls, living for a day the life of the other.
    It got quite a reputation.

7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  8. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey ho~! if you are bored and wanted to enjoy some fantasy type songs~ i have a playlist just for you guys~!
    Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTX26PsdAnsOepFge7xe-1fKgB0UI7PeN

Also i have been reading this for a long time now and i didn't see anyone talking about it or maybe i just missed it again~ it's called Supreme Commander: Re-live? It's also called Re-live since the Author is rewriting the story from the top again~
    A bit of a spoiler as i just wanted to call out that the author has definitely picked up some new fetish~
    The previous lover was an older blonde sexy scientist~ Now~ it is a Hot MILF~ Furthermore~ it's Incest~ It's Mother X Dauther Incest that is definitely one of my guilty pleasure~ she didn't care about her surroundings and just focused on the emotion called Love~ except it's directed to her mother~~~!
    Ahg~ i need more frequent updates to this novel~!

Also~ just noticed this but since when did you take off the pink flower @Tsuri55 ~?

Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  9. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, that one.... Oh yeah it had quite a reputation. Copyright holder first recruited one fandub group to translate it. Then suddenly where nearly all work was done they switched to another one, more official. Then there was small theatrical release in 2018. Then they run it on one of TV channels and that is it. Then they simply strike with countrywide bans in court all fandub releases (including that first) to be seen.
    Two days ago, they (copyright holder of that) strike down largest anime database with unlimited length court ban that lead them to "grey zone" outside country jurisdiction. Court case was anime from 2014, funny and most irritating thing that ban was installed because sites in question could potentially in future will have another copyright infringement :notlikeblob: :blob_catflip: :facepalm: And representatives of the accused party were not even invited in court.
    So yeah I heard of it, but to see that anime with that kind of copyright holder on it's site. I'll pass, not that I wanted in first place, but still.

Ok, now back to nice things.
    Oh, that was nice one. That author-artist pair make another good one. Older was worse than this in my opinion.
    Thanks, I'm listening to it right now. It's nice, it's reminding me some ST from fantasy games (JRPG ones mostly).
    It's the first time I see that it was mentioned. So it looks like you recommend it?

There are two manga revivals - there was picked up Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! and 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock. I hope it will last.
    And there is another one: Warm Place was fully finished. I will say it once again, it has very mediocre main part (30 chapters) and awesome and very heartwarming extra ones (11 extras). So it's about 3/5 for main and 7/5 for extras :bloblove:

Keitaro123 likes this.
  10. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    You typoed my name.
    I was gifted the flower. Somehow don 't want to buy it again.

11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If there was mentioned music it will last even if it will be other theme of discussion. :blobwhistle:
    There is new chapter of Adachi to Shimamura where MC and FL goes to karaoke where music or song that they sang lead to more close relationship and deeper bonding. TL in comments mentioned song that they sang:
    It's rather pity that songs or music are underused in this kind of situations. From top of my head I only remember only one. In "Fluttering Feelings" FL sang to MC "Extreme - More Than Words":
    It's a pity that author died before she could complete what she had in mind.

p.s. TL said that they will TL new version of "Adachi to Shimamura" manga when it will be released.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Keitaro123 likes this.
  12. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehehe~ the first few ones were a bit modern so forgive me on that~ and yes they really do sound like from an RPG game
    Tehe~ sorry~ no wonder why it won't highlight~ auto correct-kun strikes again~
    Maybe~? It's been out for a few years back already but it barely updates since then and the author kept going hiatus on us and only got to 8 chapters including the prologue~ and it was fairly long in chapters~ but now~ it's a bit shorter but it has a fair length

Also~ I will listen to that music in a bit after binge watching a series that caught my eye~

Ubik likes this.
  13. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Warm Place came to an end. It was enjoyable.

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Care to spoil me/nutshell the story for me ?

Keitaro123 likes this.
  15. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't apologize, I'm listening very wide range of music. By the way first tracks in list remind me about Lindsey Sterling albums and another neoclassical style heavy on string instruments. Second part was more traditional folk/new-age. So it was rather good, it provide good distraction from usual style I'm hearing.
    If you are interested what tracks caught my attention they are by numbers: 1,5,8,10,13,18,19
    You know that tags on RRL is pain, right? Just simply is it yuri or not? :blob_grin:
    Yep it was, I mentioned it enough already. Finally I decided to rate it as 5, because of extras. And once again, I just don't understand why so much difference between main story and extras. :blobangery:

Now for some news:
    PrinceCorwin started copy The Game Of The Gods from RRL to SH. On RRL it's about 26 chapters already. It's modern day with fantasy and game elements. MC is beta-tester of whole new system and FL is daughter of some kind of yakuza head. FL too get involved in whole game system. Still a nice read. But it rather strange that I don't mention it before. :hmm: I guess it's another case of "Oh, I forgot". :sweating_profusely:

Girls x Sexual Harassment Life had new chapter and it was cute. In this MC care about sick girlfriend. :aww:

And I didn't think that I would say it, but I like new Citrus+. It much better than first.

16. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting how there're so many cn josei stories that have girls falling for the MC, who is also a girl. My disciple died yet again, My master disconnected yet again, My dad is the galaxy's Prince Charming... Those characters, though of course will not be the endgame, are still something I really enjoy seeing...

Keitaro123 likes this.
  17. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :hmm: I don't remember that those become yuri ones.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  18. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to say that it was interesting with how they already kiss inside the oneshot and that FL also want to have sex with MC.
    Somehow i really want to see MC accepting to go out with FL. But somehow feels like it will be a while before that.

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Those aren't. Just that there're female characters that fall in love with the mc

Keitaro123 likes this.
  20. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.